ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska/Big Ten teams don't want more Friday night games

TigManinSC

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
May 30, 2001
I find this sorta funny and something Clemson may face in the future. We have played on Friday at Syracuse and I expect we will play on Fridays again at some point.

The Nebraska AD wrote to Big Ten about not wanting to play more games on Friday nights. They had to cancel classes and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Dannen said he didn’t want football games disrupting classes. Considering there are 90,000 seats in Memorial Stadium, home games create congestion on campus while students are trying to get to class on time.

“The university canceled in-person classes on Friday, and I sent a letter yesterday to the commissioner with the blessing of the president and the chancellor formally requesting not to host Friday games – outside Thanksgiving every other year, the game with Iowa,” Dannen said.

Oh, but did they mention 4.2 million people watched the game versus Illinois making it one of the higher rated games this year?

Universities complain about the inconvenience of a Friday game but then want to cash the biggest checks possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.