ADVERTISEMENT

Neighborhoods in the Alpharetta area

TheCheif

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2009
McCormick, SC
Daughter & son-in-law are moving to the area at the end of April. Have lived in Winston-Salem for the last 25 years in a $225,000 to $325,000 home neighborhood. Any chance of finding something comparable in the Alpharetta area or should they expect to pay more. Schools aren't a concern because children are in college. Both are 50, family & neighborhood oriented, and love people. They are looking forward to the move & the new jobs. Those of you in the Greater Atlanta area please offer suggestions. Thanks for your help.

I grew up in Alpharetta and still have family in the area, but my wife and I have lived in Greensboro and Winston Salem for the last decade or so. They should be able to find something comparable, but slightly more expensive and much more recently built (on average).

Daughter & son-in-law are moving to the area at the end of April. Have lived in Winston-Salem for the last 25 years in a $225,000 to $325,000 home neighborhood. Any chance of finding something comparable in the Alpharetta area or should they expect to pay more. Schools aren't a concern because children are in college. Both are 50, family & neighborhood oriented, and love people. They are looking forward to the move & the new jobs. Those of you in the Greater Atlanta area please offer suggestions. Thanks for your help.
The North Fulton area has and continues to explode. In Alpharetta, they will be trending much closer to $300k and above even for a standard 3/2. Are they set on Alpharetta? For example, in Cobb county (adjacent), once you are a certain age your taxes drop because you no longer have to pay the school portion of the tax bill. I live in Roswell, and my wife is a realtor. Message me if you guys need any help.

Well, for starters... there probably are no BAD school districts in Alpharetta. Since kids are in college, they probably would want to be in south Alpharetta, near downtown. For their price range, you may be looking at a townhouse or condo and not a new one. You could also maybe find an older, small, single family home that needs some updating but there won’t be much of an inventory. I would need more info from you (not a realtor) on what they are looking for in a house (br, ba, sq ft and yard size) to recommend anything more.

They will be challenged unless they are open to fixing something up.

@TheCheif, just did a quick Zillow search for Alpharetta under $340k (you can always negotiate), for single family homes and I turned up 14 results. All are a bit older in age or need some updating. They range as high as 3,188 sq ft down to 1,300 sq ft, so it depends.

I do know that anything under $300k that is somewhat decent is going SUPER fast. The reason I know is I'm in Alpharetta also in a $550k and was toying with downsizing the mortgage to the $300 to low $400 range. But it's a really tight market.

Reactions: sloanMB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT