ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada Election Issues

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
The battle is raging.

BREAKING: County Commissioners in Washoe County, Nevada voted 3-2 to halt the certification of the June 9th election results, citing fraud in some local races. The Democrat AG has filed an emergency petition to the State Supreme Court to force them to certify

"Given the fact that it's not the first time that we've heard a lot of concerns of procedures, a lot of concerns of alleged mishaps, I think have been a term that’s been used a lot or hiccups … I am not going to certify the vote,” Commissioner Clara Andriola said. “I believe that it warrants further investigation.”

I don't know all the details but I hope the County Commissioners stand their ground until a thorough investigation is complete. What is the point of having a certification process if local officials can't hit the pause button until remedy is brought? Democrats are literally arguing that no matter what, county officials can only vote YES, so why vote at all?

Washoe is the 2nd biggest county in the state by population. This means if any so called hiccups occur in November, these commissioners will fight. I suspect that's why the Attorney General is pissed

Serious question for all that believe the last election was rigged: How big of a victory by a Democratic candidate would it take for you not to claim fraud?

Serious question for all that believe the last election was rigged: How big of a victory by a Democratic candidate would it take for you not to claim fraud?
It wouldnt be a number but rather the circumstances of what actually occurs during the election period. Honestly though the election will be won or loss leading up to the election with the lawsuits and other such stuff that is already occurring. I would prefer a one day election with paper ballots with some very small finite exceptions such as allowing military personnel overseas to send in their vote early and also old style allowed absentee ballots provisions. No drop boxes, no mass mail in ballots, clean voter rolls continuously....etc. Voter id required. Only American citizens allowed to vote....all that.

It wouldnt be a number but rather the circumstances of what actually occurs during the election period. Honestly though the election will be won or loss leading up to the election with the lawsuits and other such stuff that is already occurring. I would prefer a one day election with paper ballots with some very small finite exceptions such as allowing military personnel overseas to send in their vote early and also old style allowed absentee ballots provisions. No drop boxes, no mass mail in ballots, clean voter rolls continuously....etc. Voter id required. Only American citizens allowed to vote....all that.
Electronic is way safer than paper in my opinion. In fact at my precinct, the electric machine prints out a paper ballot I can read and that is stored after I put it in the scanner. The technology exists to make it secure and have a paper backup.

Paper only ballots are easy to lose and hard to audit.

I have no qualms about strict ID and citizenship requirements, etc.

Electronic is way safer than paper in my opinion. In fact at my precinct, the electric machine prints out a paper ballot I can read and that is stored after I put it in the scanner. The technology exists to make it secure and have a paper backup.

Paper only ballots are easy to lose and hard to audit.

I have no qualms about strict ID and citizenship requirements, etc.
how do you see paper only being a problem? How do you see electronic being safer?

how do you see paper only being a problem? How do you see electronic being safer?
Electronic combined with paper is what we have. I can read the paper ballot created and scanned by the machine. If there is a question, you have the paper ballot to check. However, if all you have is paper ballots you have huge opportunities for:

• Losing ballots
  • Incorrectly counting ballots
  • Altering ballots

Electronic with the paper backup is much safer because you have two records of the vote and if the paper ballots are missing or don't match the electronic records you KNOW you have an issue.

Reactions: dpic73
Electronic combined with paper is what we have. I can read the paper ballot created and scanned by the machine. If there is a question, you have the paper ballot to check. However, if all you have is paper ballots you have huge opportunities for:

• Losing ballots
  • Incorrectly counting ballots
  • Altering ballots

Electronic with the paper backup is much safer because you have two records of the vote and if the paper ballots are missing or don't match the electronic records you KNOW you have an issue.
Have you read about the cluster f**k in Fulton county from 2020? The unfortunate part of it is if you have bad players trying to cheat they can find a way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT