ADVERTISEMENT

Newspring service today

MTTiger19

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Sep 10, 2008
See if jimmies are rustling on a happy Mother's Day. Newspring gave a home and van to a single mother in Spartanburg and they showed the story. The mother had the child at 16 and the child has a severe case of cerebral palsy. The mother works full time at Converse in their cafeteria, takes her child to speech and physical therapy and does this all alone. Proud to belong to Newspring.

See if jimmies are rustling on a happy Mother's Day. Newspring gave a home and van to a single mother in Spartanburg and they showed the story. The mother had the child at 16 and the child has a severe case of cerebral palsy. The mother works full time at Converse in their cafeteria, takes her child to speech and physical therapy and does this all alone. Proud to belong to Newspring.

Awesome

That's awesome!
Gods Not Dead!!!

My church does this sort of thing (even more sometimes) at least a few times a year.
Sponsor over 100 families during the holiday season.
The difference is we don't broadcast it because you should be a humble servant for the lord.
You won't pull our churches name up and see anywhere where we do these things.

Anyway that is awesome and I'm sure that it was appreciated

Me too brother

OP:

tumblr_luvhoyK0qy1qhf777o1_500.gif

So, you intentionally want to rustle jimmies on Mother's Day by trolling. Congratulations!! Did not know Newspring gave things away. More churches should do this. Newspring seems like the Marcus Lattimore of churches. Actually, with money they seem to bring in I would think they could do that every Sunday.

Good for Newspring. Looks like they are fulfilling 1% of their 10% of giving. And I'm sure there are more stories like this.

Question is, where's the other 90% going?

My church does this sort of thing (even more sometimes) at least a few times a year.
The difference is we don't broadcast it because you should be a humble servant for the lord.

I didn't see it broadcasted anywhere but the church. The point is they were showing what tithing can do. As far as other things they've done this year we provided new shoes for every elementary school where we have a campus. How many of you knew that from them broadcasting it?

For the folks who disagree with them showing this to the congregation....is this any different than the United Way showing what they are doing with the donations they receive? I don't see a problem with saying "here is what your giving has allowed us to do. Keep it up."

Now, I know very little about NS, but I know many folks take serious issue with them. That's fine. I just don't find fault with showing a feel-good story to the people who give money.

For the folks who disagree with them showing this to the congregation....is this any different than the United Way showing what they are doing with the donations they receive? I don't see a problem with saying "here is what your giving has allowed us to do. Keep it up."

Now, I know very little about NS, but I know many folks take serious issue with them. That's fine. I just don't find fault with showing a feel-good story to the people who give money.
Gets it!

Reactions: clemsonkelly
I didn't see it broadcasted anywhere but the church. The point is they were showing what tithing can do. As far as other things they've done this year we provided new shoes for every elementary school where we have a campus. How many of you knew that from them broadcasting it?

I'm sure every kid in those schools really need to have shoes given to them.

Actually fox21 was on seen at one of the schools. So yes we did know.

Reactions: MrAwz1
I think most people find issue with NewSpring because they like to self promote their good deeds and salvations. Not the deeds and numbers in itself. That's an awesome thing to do for someone though.
What do you mean by self promote? The only way you would know any of the things they do is if you went to a campus, watched online, heard it from someone who goes there or follow NS social media. I've never seen a commercial or newspaper ad with NS touting all these great things we've done.

I'm sure every kid in those schools really need to have shoes given to them.

Actually fox21 was on seen at one of the schools. So yes we did know.
Actually these kids do need shoes...these are title 1 schools where most kids live in poverty. I have volunteered at these schools and these are generally the only pair of shoes they get all year. Many kids are wearing shoes that are too small, too big because the parents want them to last, or just plain worn out.

Reactions: UpstateTgrFan
Actually these kids do need shoes...these are title 1 schools where most kids live in poverty. I have volunteered at these schools and these are generally the only pair of shoes they get all year. Many kids are wearing shoes that are too small, too big because the parents want them to last, or just plain worn out.
My wife teaches at a title 1 school and not all need shoes.
I will tell you that new spriings are not the only churches ,organizations,individuals that help these students and their families

My wife teaches at a title 1 school and not all need shoes.
I will tell you that new spriings are not the only churches ,organizations,individuals that help these students and their families
My point had nothing to do with newspring or any organization. I guess if you want to be technical not 100% of the kids need shoes but the majority do. If your wife works at a title 1 school then she knows the struggles of most of these kids.

Reactions: Orange&Purple
New Springs does a great service to the community there is no questioning that. Unfortunately they also do a great disservice for the cause of Christ.

No he doesn't get it.
Apples to oranges.

He's right there is nothing wrong with giving.

There is nothing wrong with witnessing to others ,but if you truly understand the bible you understand this sort of "selfpromoting" not suggested to be a good thing.
Reaching and splitting hairs. I often wonder why believers argue so much with other believers. My brother in law is Calvinistic, but we don't sit around and argue about pre determination. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, and that would be Jesus.

What do you mean by self promote? The only way you would know any of the things they do is if you went to a campus, watched online, heard it from someone who goes there or follow NS social media. I've never seen a commercial or newspaper ad with NS touting all these great things we've done.

Read your original post. Self promotion. Like I said its a great thing to do. God does tell you to do good works and take care of the needy, the widows, and the orphans. Read Matthew 6:1-4. I also think people are rubbed the wrong way by Perry's controversial messages. 10 commandments, 90 day money back, etc. He says things knowing he will get a rise out of people. Kind of like your original post. If you follow him on Twitter you will see him argue will people fairly regularly followed by a public apology. I'm not going to slam the man but his theology is different than mine. Does that make me right or him wrong? No. I do know the way I interpret Gods message is a little different than his on somethings. Do I think he is the Anti-Christ? No. As for how I hear things 99 percent of things I see from NewSpring are from people who attend and have page long posts about what they did and how good it is. Most churches do great things and you will never hear about them. I don't need public approval or a 90 day money back guarantee. My reward will be eternal life with my personal Lord and Savior.

Read your original post. Self promotion. Like I said its a great thing to do. God does tell you to do good works and take care of the needy, the widows, and the orphans. Read Matthew 6:1-4. I also think people are rubbed the wrong way by Perry's controversial messages. 10 commandments, 90 day money back, etc. He says things knowing he will get a rise out of people. Kind of like your original post. If you follow him on Twitter you will see him argue will people fairly regularly followed by a public apology. I'm not going to slam the man but his theology is different than mine. Does that make me right or him wrong? No. I do know the way I interpret Gods message is a little different than his on somethings. Do I think he is the Anti-Christ? No. As for how I hear things 99 percent of things I see from NewSpring are from people who attend and have page long posts about what they did and how good it is. Most churches do great things and you will never hear about them. I don't need public approval or a 90 day money back guarantee. My reward will be eternal life with my personal Lord and Savior.
Are you suggesting I want have the same reward?

I don't know much about NS, but I have to ask what is a 90 day refund? Refund of what, their tithe?

I agree about not broadcasting it BUT if broadcasting makes others think about doing things like this it is worth it. A lot of the most giving people are the quietest as well.

Reactions: The Mixed Mamba
Good for Newspring. Looks like they are fulfilling 1% of their 10% of giving. And I'm sure there are more stories like this.

Question is, where's the other 90% going?
Question is, where did they spend the other $60mil they brought in from the masses of underprivileged people they con into tithing. A house and a van? As "Noble" as that gesture is, Newspring is a joke compared to what other churches do with 1/10th of that money. First Pres in SPG does that kind of stuff all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT