ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Video

I am a Christian and believe Jesus died for our sins. But I do have a serious question for you: what right do we have to force Christianity on those that don't believe in the same God? What makes us right, and everyone else wrong? Every person has the right to choose their own faith, their own religion or no religion if they choose. So, why should whoever we pick as our God be forced on these kids?
Ask God that question not me. I follow him not mankind's feelings

I am a Christian and believe Jesus died for our sins. But I do have a serious question for you: what right do we have to force Christianity on those that don't believe in the same God? What makes us right, and everyone else wrong? Every person has the right to choose their own faith, their own religion or no religion if they choose. So, why should whoever we pick as our God be forced on these kids?
God made it clear what his expectations were for mankind. Its not a debate

Reactions: Essolover4
And to further that... look what this world has turned into... the proof is in the pudding.

Again, while I believe as you do, does that make all other religions wrong?
Umm yes. Truth by its very definition is exclusive . Truth is not objective. If Christianity is true (and it is) than Islam (or any other man made false religion) can not be true.

Reactions: 152thinblueline
Threads like these make me really wish for the old days of Joey Batson threads and if Dabo should be fired because he couldn't beat south carolina.

Place has really become unbearable.

Reactions: Jonada
Umm yes. Truth by its very definition is exclusive . Truth is not objective. If Christianity is true (and it is) than Islam (or any other man made false religion) can not be true.
Wow you're dumb. As dumb as @152thinblueline. You can not like a message put out, but to be so obtuse as to hate anyone different than you is...well...stupid.

Reactions: CU91ENGR
Wow you're dumb. As dumb as @152thinblueline. You can not like a message put out, but to be so obtuse as to hate anyone different than you is...well...stupid.
I’m dumb lol? Listen to your reply. What about my post says I hate anyone? I don’t hate anyone. I think all people are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God. ALL lives are precious. My statement was on Truth being exclusive. The dumb ones are the ones being misled by media, athletes, and celebrities who support a Marxist organization under the guise of “Social Justice”.

I’m dumb lol? Listen to your reply. What about my post says I hate anyone? I don’t hate anyone. I think all people are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God. ALL lives are precious. My statement was on Truth being exclusive. The dumb ones are the ones being misled by media, athletes, and celebrities who support a Marxist organization under the guise of “Social Justice”.
You're right. Sorry I misquoted you on hate. But you are dumb because you think that what you believe is right and every other religion is wrong.

You're right. Sorry I misquoted you on hate. But you are dumb because you think that what you believe is right and every other religion is wrong.
I said Truth is exclusive and it is. Not sure why you can’t understand that. Let me try to give you an example. I believe in God. Atheist believe there is not a God. They both can’t be right regardless of how sincere or passionate they are about their beliefs. God either exist or he does not exist. Truth (absolutes) are exclusive. So if Christianity and the God of the Bible are true (which I firmly believe), then other religions can not be true. Jesus claimed to be the son of God. He claimed that He is the ONLY WAY to eternal life. Well if that is true than Buddhism cannot also be true. You can’t have it both ways . Christ was either a liar and a crazy lunatic or he was the Son of God. Every man must decide for himself.

Nobody is forcing religion on anyone. But denying religion for the sake of non-believers is flat wrong. That is what we have allowed to happen. Banning prayer in schools doesn't force the non-believer to pray, they can choose not to, but it does prohibit the believer from doing so. Religion and non-religious beliefs should be taught in schools. This way the individual can make a choice in the direction that they want to go. We don't allow choice of religion because we have already denied it by denouncing it or not allowing any reference to it at any function that is government sponsored.

Nobody is forcing religion on anyone. But denying religion for the sake of non-believers is flat wrong. That is what we have allowed to happen. Banning prayer in schools doesn't force the non-believer to pray, they can choose not to, but it does prohibit the believer from doing so. Religion and non-religious beliefs should be taught in schools. This way the individual can make a choice in the direction that they want to go. We don't allow choice of religion because we have already denied it by denouncing it or not allowing any reference to it at any function that is government sponsored.
A kid can absolutely still pray to himself/herself. Just because a teacher can't lead an entire class in prayer doesn't mean that each kid can't quietly pray to his/her own God. Do you have to pray out loud for God to hear?

To quit giving into the idea that this flawed country isn’t still one of the greatest places to live on the earth. To not continue to support an anti-American Marxist organization. It’s ok to believe black lives matter without supporting Black Lives Matter.
People wanting to improve flaws of our country doesn't mean they think it is a horrible country. Also most people can separate BLM the organization and black lives matter as a message. Which I think most reasonable people can see as a valid message.

If you want to hang onto the Marxist organization, then that's a you problem. The rest of us will try to bring more equal opportunity to others.

A kid can absolutely still pray to himself/herself. Just because a teacher can't lead an entire class in prayer doesn't mean that each kid can't quietly pray to his/her own God. Do you have to pray out loud for God to hear?

It isn't about whether God or whatever Supreme Being you worship hears you. It is about having the choice to pray out loud or not. Those that choose to be followers of religion are restricted from expressing their beliefs in an open forum. The atheists have been allowed to remove religious freedom from any place that is funded by the government. So when we talk about equality should that mean that everyone shall have equal opportunity. If a person of religion is restricted from expressing or displaying his or her beliefs does that not remove equality from the equation?

People wanting to improve flaws of our country doesn't mean they think it is a horrible country. Also most people can separate BLM the organization and black lives matter as a message. Which I think most reasonable people can see as a valid message.

If you want to hang onto the Marxist organization, then that's a you problem. The rest of us will try to bring more equal opportunity to others.

You don’t know me and I don’t know you. But I am absolutely for helping my brothers and sisters out regardless of color. I’ve invited families into my home and served them dinner. I’ve gone multiple times to Sam’s and bought groceries for a whole month for families during this time period. Maybe you’ve done the same. But I guarantee you those families care more about the real human compassion as opposed to protests and rioting. I’m trying to help them get on their feet and sometimes that’s all people need. But go ahead and judge me if it makes you feels better. If more people actually helped those in need around them then maybe there wouldn’t be a platform for an organization like BLM.

You don’t know me and I don’t know you. But I am absolutely for helping my brothers and sisters out regardless of color. I’ve invited families into my home and served them dinner. I’ve gone multiple times to Sam’s and bought groceries for a whole month for families during this time period. Maybe you’ve done the same. But I guarantee you those families care more about the real human compassion as opposed to protests and rioting. I’m trying to help them get on their feet and sometimes that’s all people need. But go ahead and judge me if it makes you feels better. If more people actually helped those in need around them then maybe there wouldn’t be a platform for an organization like BLM.
You've made your judgment. I'm correcting you.

It isn't about whether God or whatever Supreme Being you worship hears you. It is about having the choice to pray out loud or not. Those that choose to be followers of religion are restricted from expressing their beliefs in an open forum. The atheists have been allowed to remove religious freedom from any place that is funded by the government. So when we talk about equality should that mean that everyone shall have equal opportunity. If a person of religion is restricted from expressing or displaying his or her beliefs does that not remove equality from the equation?
I guess I just don't understand the statement "atheists have been allowed to remove religious freedom from any place". When I walk into a government building, I'm not asked if I believe in Christ, and if so, that I can't when I'm in that building. And noone will say anything to me if I close my eyes and pray. Is it that big of a deal that they don't want someone leading a group prayer for a group that might not include all believers? Why is it such a problem to have to pray quietly in such buildings? Would I be asked not to say obscenities out loud? Yes. Would I be asked not to talk about adult stuff out loud? Yes. While those aren't exactly the same, to some people religion is offensive when forced in their face. I just don't have a problem going about my prayers quietly. To add to that, as I said I'm a Christian, but when I attend a family gathering and some of my wife's family start raising their hands, speaking in tongues, and acting a little far out for me, I'm a little uncomfortable. I tend to think that's probably how an atheist might feel if someone starts a group prayer around them.

Last edited:
If he didn't believe that his faith would be weak. The whole point of faith his a belief in a supreme being. If you believe in your religion and others religion, then you don't have faith. In our religion God says he is the one and only God. So in reality if we were to believe in other religions, that would be bumb.

I guess I just don't understand the statement "atheists have been allowed to remove religious freedom from any place". When I walk into a government building, I'm not asked if I believe in Christ, and if so, that I can't when I'm in that building. And noone will say anything to me if I close my eyes and pray. Is it that big of a deal that they don't want someone leading a group prayer for a group that might not include all believers? Why is it such a problem to have to pray quietly in such buildings? Would I be asked not to say obscenities out loud? Yes. Would I be asked not to talk about adult stuff out loud? Yes. While those aren't exactly the same, to some people religion is offensive when forced in their face. I just don't have a problem going about my prayers quietly. To add to that, as I said I'm a Christian, but when I attend a family gathering and some of my wife's family start raising their hands, speaking in tongues, and acting a little far out for me, I'm a little uncomfortable. I tend to think that's probably how an atheist might feel if someone starts a group prayer around them.
There are lots of issues in what you say here, not only in religious beliefs, but also in my rights as an American. If I want to pray outloud I should be able to do so, if you don't want to hear it move on, its that simple. This country is not improving with all that has happened. It has simply went to the other end of the spectrum supporting liberals. Thats all thats happened. Just because something hurts someone's feelings doesn't mean it was wrong. Sometimes truth hurts. Truth hurts me all the time, but its what makes me a better Christian and draws me closer to God.

You are correct, you are not asked for your religious affiliation, however if you decide to pray aloud you will be asked to stop or to leave the building. Is that not religious restriction? Did you ask your family to not raise their hands and speak in tongues because it made you uncomfortable? If so did they comply with your wishes? Or, did you accept their behavior despite you being uncomfortable? I would bet the latter would be the case. We all have to live with uncomfortable and accept that it will happen. Those that can't are usually the miserable types.

I am not advocating that everyone start praying in public buildings or push religion on anyone but if someone wants to pray openly or discuss openly, they should have the right to do so without objection. I always ask, why do the Atheist object to prayer in school? They have no belief in religion, so in real terms prayer or religious conversation shouldn't have any effect. Or is that they are scared that prayer and conversation will convert someone from a non-believer to a believer? Isn't it funny that Christians are never worried about the opposite effect?

tenor.gif
You've made your judgment. I'm correcting you.

You are correct, you are not asked for your religious affiliation, however if you decide to pray aloud you will be asked to stop or to leave the building. Is that not religious restriction? Did you ask your family to not raise their hands and speak in tongues because it made you uncomfortable? If so did they comply with your wishes? Or, did you accept their behavior despite you being uncomfortable? I would bet the latter would be the case. We all have to live with uncomfortable and accept that it will happen. Those that can't are usually the miserable types.

I am not advocating that everyone start praying in public buildings or push religion on anyone but if someone wants to pray openly or discuss openly, they should have the right to do so without objection. I always ask, why do the Atheist object to prayer in school? They have no belief in religion, so in real terms prayer or religious conversation shouldn't have any effect. Or is that they are scared that prayer and conversation will convert someone from a non-believer to a believer? Isn't it funny that Christians are never worried about the opposite effect?
I would imagine that atheists don't object to individuals praying on their on. I think they have a problem with those in authority (teachers, admin.) organizing it and making it a group prayer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT