ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley Tweet

@Poker_Tiger this isn't in response to you but you made me think about it...

I really hate this "X of color" we use now. It's so ignorant. White is a color too. We're not clear....

So much effort put into dividing people...
do you think it might have something to do with the 100s of years of oppression against people based solely on skin color?

I really hate this "X of color" we use now. It's so ignorant. White is a color too. We're not clear....

Maybe it has something to do with Jim Crow-days signs like, “No Coloreds Allowed.” Or, “this drinking fountain is for whites. That one is for coloreds.”

How many white people walked up and used the “Coloreds” fountain or restroom under the quaint notion, “White is a color, too?”

So now that People “of Color” prefer to use such an expression it is seen as ‘divisive?’ Man oh man, they can’t win can they?

White is technically the combination of all colors, so we white guys are the rainbow flag of nationalities. Suck on that, SJWs.

Maybe it has something to do with Jim Crow-days signs like, “No Coloreds Allowed.” Or, “this drinking fountain is for whites. That one is for coloreds.”

How many white people walked up and used the “Coloreds” fountain or restroom under the quaint notion, “White is a color, too?”

So now that People “of Color” prefer to use such an expression it is seen as ‘divisive?’ Man oh man, they can’t win can they?
People like AOC weren’t even alive during the time frame you’re referring to, hell neither was I. The underlying point is a lot of people are tired of the SJWs telling us we are racist fascist bigots even when there are sane people of all backgrounds that believe the same thing as the evil conservative whitie.

The problem is if we as a culture continue down this path, no one wins. We win together, not by continuing to put ourselves into categories. Over correction today does not solve the issues of yesterday, just creates new ones.

Dylan Moses with the bulletin board material! Keep disrespecting little ole Clemson!
Well, Muse said Notre Dame was our toughest. I don't know if he saw Moses quote before he said it but wouldn't be surprised. Just BS really on both sides. UGA wasn't their toughest and Notre Dame wasn't ours. (I actually think Syracuse was ours haha)

Wow!!!

Thank you.

Some of these folks will jump on whatever their team says. Kelly says this and now all of a sudden it's a thing. But white is a color too. Like clockwork. SMH. They are so pathetic that they can't even be shamed or embarrassed.

The problem is if we as a culture continue down this path, no one wins. We win together, not by continuing to put ourselves into categories. Over correction today does not solve the issues of yesterday, just creates new ones.
giphy.gif

People like AOC weren’t even alive during the time frame you’re referring to, hell neither was I. The underlying point is a lot of people are tired of the SJWs telling us we are racist fascist bigots even when there are sane people of all backgrounds that believe the same thing as the evil conservative whitie.

It's funny. My white friends, and I have many, never feel like they are being told they are racists. When you know you're not racist it doesn't impact you. Your life and record speak for itself. But if you..... Nevermind. I think you get the point.

do you think it might have something to do with the 100s of years of oppression against people based solely on skin color?
So you are saying these people of color were NOT slaves before they came to America
??? We,,the US put them in chains..lol

So you are saying these people of color were NOT slaves before they came to America
??? We,,the US put them in chains..lol

Abort. Abort. Abort.

It’s cool. We didn’t capture and enslave people. We just perpetuated their enslavement through the institutional treatment of humans as commodities. That’s the argument you’re rolling with?

You should share your point of view with christians. They are still putting people into categories based on shit that was written thousands of years ago.

It's funny. My white friends, and I have many, never feel like they are being told they are racists. When you know you're not racist it doesn't impact you. Your life and record speak for itself. But if you..... Nevermind. I think you get the point.
You’re part of the problem, you just inferred I’m a racist. Go fvck yourself, you’ve missed the point.

Wow... this thread derailed, back on Subject.

But I sure do love me some Nikki Haley. She loves her Tigers like we all do and only taking up for us.

Reactions: undertheradar
You’re part of the problem, you just inferred I’m a racist. Go fvck yourself, you’ve missed the point.

LOL! You mad!

And you still haven't explained to yourself
why you feel that way if you're not a part of the problem. It is what it is. You call me a part of the problem but my life says otherwise. I'm good. What does yours say? I don't know the answer to that question because I don't know you. But something disturbed you to get that angry. I'll leave you to do some soul searching. That is assuming you even want to.

You should share your point of view with christians. They are still putting people into categories based on shit that was written thousands of years ago.
I am a Christian and a Pastor. Our views on Scripture are probably very different, but my point is all the finger pointing and blaming doesn't solve problems. We can either do one or the other, but not both. The truth is Jesus destroyed the ethnic, racial, socio-economic, generational, etc. categories. There are only 2 categories now; those that know Him and those that don't.

I get your point, however, that was 60+ years ago. A lot has changed since then. It would be best for society if we all seek to find common ground, not differences

I get your point, however, that was 60+ years ago. A lot has changed since then. It would be best for society if we all seek to find common ground, not differences
Common ground is needed. Its hard to find common ground if you tell people who claim to have experienced racism in america that their experiences are bs because its inconvenient for your worldview. Saying things like yah well that was 60 years ago is such a silly argument when just this month tge boarder patrol was found to be sharing racist memes in Facebook with each other.

somewhere your high school art and science teachers are very disappointed with you.
As it applies to the spectrum of light, the combination of all colors is black, not white.

Actually, combination of all lights (ie different colored flashlights shining on a particular spot) yields white light.

Combination of all colors of a material (ie paint) yields black because it doesn't return any color light. Same basic principle.

Maybe that's what you meant.

As for the rest of this - I'm staying out of it.

Common ground is needed. Its hard to find common ground if you tell people who claim to have experienced racism in america that their experiences are bs because its inconvenient for your worldview. Saying things like yah well that was 60 years ago is such a silly argument when just this month tge boarder patrol was found to be sharing racist memes in Facebook with each other.
Most classifications of people have experienced prejudice, racism, unfair treatment etc at some point in history. I'm just saying it doesn't do anyone any good to live 60+ years ago in the past because nobody can change how things were or what happened. Just one man's opinion but I think when people give excess attention to the terrible things that happened years ago, they are more likely to see ghosts so to speak and have a perception that relations today are worse than they actually are.

We can only change how we treat people today and going forward. If I had the power to go back in time and change things I would. But I don't so I've accepted that all I can do is treat everyone I come across in life with kindness and equality and choose to have a positive outlook instead of a negative one.

As far as the border patrol thing, I wasn't aware of that. But that doesn't surprise me since I understand that we live in the real world not utopia. We have people in this country that rob, rape, and murder other people EVERY SINGLE DAY. Of course there are going to be people that say and do racist things. But that doesn't mean that as citizens we should extrapolate those stories of racism and prejudice that the media crams down our throat and act like relations aren't literally the best they have ever been in the history of our country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT