ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley

I like Nikki, but she’s arrogant or stupid (likely both) if she thinks she has a chance at the GOP nomination.
For most people, it’s simply about being introduced from this point forward as “Former Presidential Candidate”. Their price goes way up with that title. Even though they have no shot.

I thought she was excellent for our state. President is the big boy stage and you absolutely have to aligned with the elites or else your life will be hell.

Regardless of who the next President is, it’s my opinion that we’ll likely be in war with China before 2030. Whoever it is, better be damn good in a time of global crisis and decision making. The next President will be at war.

Whoever it is, I hope they’re capable of getting us through it.

Y’all are probably right, and that will be clear if you don’t see her sparring much, if any, with Trump during the campaign season and debates.

I like Nikki, but she’s arrogant or stupid (likely both) if she thinks she has a chance at the GOP nomination.
I don’t understand this take at all. She’s an excellent option for the GOP. She’s a female, she’s a minority, she’s got foreign affairs experience, she did an excellent job as governor, led exceptionally well through Hurricane Matthew, her policy stances on abortion, gun laws and education will align with the middle right. She and Tim Scott are 2 of my favorite options for 2024.

I don’t understand this take at all. She’s an excellent option for the GOP. She’s a female, she’s a minority, she’s got foreign affairs experience, she did an excellent job as governor, led exceptionally well through Hurricane Matthew, her policy stances on abortion, gun laws and education will align with the middle right. She and Tim Scott are 2 of my favorite options for 2024.
GOP needs people like her and Tim Scott to run. If for nothing else, they will act in a professional and respectful manner. You guys gotta stand up to Trump.

She had a lot of skeletons..I’m not here to go on and post regarding but she from around our neck of the woods. Little digging and she got splainin’ to do..

She had a lot of skeletons..I’m not here to go on and post regarding but she from around our neck of the woods. Little digging and she got splainin’ to do..
Interesting. Only political negative I can remember is post Charleston Church shooting, she didn’t condemn the Confederate Flag. Called it heritage and the liberals blasted her for that.

Did the “splainin’” things all happen pre-21 years old? If so, not sure anyone will care.

Why?
I think, at the moment, she is an excellent option. The GOP needs someone that can draw enough people off of Trump. Because Trump a) would not be a good option and b) cannot beat Biden. He's proven that.
I'm from not far from there (and I expect full credit for getting the fvck out of that area) and have heard a few things. Nothing specific.

But if Trump can run with an entire cemetery worth of skeletons in his closet.....

Last edited:
GOP needs people like her and Tim Scott to run. If for nothing else, they will act in a professional and respectful manner. You guys gotta stand up to Trump.
I’ve seen some takes on this board, notably from @Superica28 that are not favorable w Tim Scott.

Would love to hear him elaborate.

I’ve seen some takes on this board, notably from @Superica28 that are not favorable w Tim Scott.

Would love to hear him elaborate.
Tim Scott is the type of male that dabs his pizza with a napkin bc its too greasy. The type of infant that would later rate his mothers breast milk 2 out of 5 stars. The type of politician that just wants your vote and has no backbone to be honest. A Lindsey Graham kind of fool.

Tim Scott is the type of male that dabs his pizza with a napkin bc its too greasy. The type of infant that would later rate his mothers breast milk 2 out of 5 stars. The type of politician that just wants your vote and has no backbone to be honest. A Lindsey Graham kind of fool.
Sounds like someone is Butt-hurt that Tim Scott went “From cotton to Congress in 2 generations”

• Haha
Reactions: purple2
That’s hilarious.

• Love
Reactions: GoodWord28
I generally lean to the left, but I really hope we see some candidates like Haley come forward to pull the republicans back towards the middle. Haley could be a very strong candidate.
He really means he is a far left Karen.

I generally lean to the left, but I really hope we see some candidates like Haley come forward to pull the republicans back towards the middle. Haley could be a very strong candidate.

This is where you just kill me. Trump is not conservative in really any way whatsoever. If anything, we need people in the GOP who pull the party back to being a conservative party or, as people like me may argue, pull the party toward being a conservative party for the first time since Reagan. Trump is a big spending, more liberal-minded person with an authoritarian bent. He's a total enigma with a horribly toxic personality.

Haley is a good candidate. I would certainly support her as I would support Tim Scott also. There are a lot of good options in the GOP but here's the rub. Without a fundamental change in how politics function in our country, it won't matter. Both sides are hell bent on killing one another and working together to actually forge a better America just won't happen. We're so focused on who the President is and which party he/she is from, the other side isn't going to be willing to put politics aside to work with that person. And if a President goes to the center, we'll see both sides sniping at their heels about being disloyal or being milk-toast.

Once the people decide they're done with the culture war and we want to see our country improve, we can do so much to make things better. I have no confidence that's going to happen anytime soon. There's just too much invested in power gained from the current state of things. People won't listen to anyone these days. It's all just stating "facts" back and forth that are carefully cultivated to obscure reality.

Last edited:
No, I mean I don't know endlessly follow megalomaniacs who lie,cheat,and steal. I don't follow people who fake being a Christian. I don't follow people who willfully create discord and lie to make themselves more wealthy.

You can't say the same.

Did you vote for Biden? If so.... I'm just sayin'. He's every bit as bad as Trump if not worse and that's saying something. The statement you made above doesn't hold up too well when we choose the lesser of two evils in our minds. I've done that twice with Trump and won't ever do it again if I can possibly avoid it. Maybe we should all demand a bit more?

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
Did you vote for Biden? If so.... I'm just sayin'. He's every bit as bad as Trump if not worse and that's saying something. The statement you made above doesn't hold up too well when we choose the lesser of two evils in our minds. I've done that twice with Trump and won't ever do it again if I can possibly avoid it. Maybe we should all demand a bit more?

I was certainly not a Biden fan, but as you stated, he was the lesser of the two evils.

While he hasn't been amazing,I honestly don't know many administrations that would have handled a similar shit show they walked into much better.

At the very least, I have appreciated that the President isn't resorting to school yard 1st grade insults when discussing political rivals. At least the dialog has been a little bit raised.

That's also why I yearn for someone to be excited about. Give me someone who is t crazy, and is moderate, and well thought out. I dont need to agree with every issue, I just need to respect the person and that they are smart, and capable.

You and I argue and have very different feeling on many issues, but I have always felt that you were well thought out and sincere in your thoughts.

I was certainly not a Biden fan, but as you stated, he was the lesser of the two evils.

While he hasn't been amazing,I honestly don't know many administrations that would have handled a similar shit show they walked into much better.

At the very least, I have appreciated that the President isn't resorting to school yard 1st grade insults when discussing political rivals. At least the dialog has been a little bit raised.

That's also why I yearn for someone to be excited about. Give me someone who is t crazy, and is moderate, and well thought out. I dont need to agree with every issue, I just need to respect the person and that they are smart, and capable.

You and I argue and have very different feeling on many issues, but I have always felt that you were well thought out and sincere in your thoughts.

I definitely understand your craving and I would be fine with a centrist who could get things done and had a fiscally conservative philosophy. We've had one administration walk into the situation Biden walked into and he's succeeded in messing things up far more than I ever imagined possible. That's what I don't understand about your views. You seem to care a great deal about rhetoric and attitude and I can't think of a more divisive president toward people of my ilk than this one. He's been so nasty, condescending, belligerent and dishonest it's hard to know where to begin. Perhaps your disdain for Trump has tainted how you view things since the vitriol wasn't pointed in your direction. If you dislike what Trump did, you should dislike it regardless of the target. Biden is the most fundamentally dishonest President I have ever seen and that's saying a lot because the last guy lied constantly.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
.... Junior Senator from Illinois didnt have a chance against the Clinton Political War Machine.

just sayin

I also expect Hogan to jump in. He doesnt have a chance either, because ... well ... derrrrr herper derp derp derp derp.

Trump is unelectable

I definitely understand your craving and I would be fine with a centrist who could get things done and had a fiscally conservative philosophy. We've had one administration walk into the situation Biden walked into and he's succeeded in messing things up far more than I ever imagined possible. That's what I don't understand about your views. You seem to care a great deal about rhetoric and attitude and I can't think of a more divisive president toward people of my ilk than this one. He's been so nasty, condescending, belligerent and dishonest it's hard to know where to begin. Perhaps your disdain for Trump has tainted how you view things since the vitriol wasn't pointed in your direction. If you dislike what Trump did, you should dislike it regardless of the target. Biden is the most fundamentally dishonest President I have ever seen and that's saying a lot because the last guy lied constantly.

You say Biden is similar in dishonesty to Trump? That's shocking to me.

.... Junior Senator from Illinois didnt have a chance against the Clinton Political War Machine.

just sayin

I also expect Hogan to jump in. He doesnt have a chance either, because ... well ... derrrrr herper derp derp derp derp.

Trump is unelectable

I'd like to see Hogan get in. I am a fan of outnumbering the crazies with some sanity.

its not all that shocking .... Biden is a career politician, the baseline for all politicians is that they are all liars to some extent. Some worse than other, but they are all dishonest.

sooooo one is a career politician, a professional liar and the other is scum .....

Reactions: footwedge33

Trump lied all the time about stupid things. He misrepresented his wealth. He lied about things like the biggest inauguration crowd, the election, his accomplishments, etc. That stupid hurricane thing was just ridiculous. He was a clown with a following he knew would take anything he said as gospel. On policy, he was rather centrist. Is there a far right policy you can think of that he put forward? I'm not saying there isn't one but I can't think of any. He was a reckless spender of the highest order. And of course, GOP budget hawks didn't say a single word about the spending while he was in office. I think Rand Paul may have but he's the only one I know of and I found that really disappointing. With the way the economy was humming along, we should have been running a surplus. It's also worth noting that Trump had more lies told ABOUT him than any President I can remember. Obama had a lot of lies told about him as well. But no one (that I can remember) endured more fake investigations and misrepresentations of things they said than Trump.

Biden is a man of lies. He lies about nearly every aspect of his past. He creates fictional stories so he can identify with people. Even when the story is demonstrably false, he keeps telling the story. An example of this is his train story he told yet again this week which is just not true by any measure. Also, when he talked with Tyre Nichols' mom, he was talking all about himself and his losses. He lied there about is son AGAIN and continues to say a drunk driver hit his wife's car which isn't accurate.

He lied about his academic accomplishments, where he worked, his family background. He's plagiarized speeches and been proven to do so. This is a guy that was essentially disqualified by the Press back in the '80's for his dishonesty when running for President. He's never stopped lying since then to make himself look like someone he isn't. He's lied about his activities in the Civil Rights arena. He lies about the border. He's lied about his deficit reduction repeatedly. He lies about foreign affairs. He hardly ever tells the truth. He's given the most divisive speeches of any President I have ever seen. I could go on and on about all this.

Not one thing I said above is false. It can all be proven correct. We've had two HORRIBLE presidents in a row after having two BAD presidents in a row before Trump and Biden. It's been a long time since we had a decent President. It's also been a long time since our government functioned at any level of competence. We are paying dearly for that now.

Last edited:
Reactions: purple2
I'd like to see Hogan get in. I am a fan of outnumbering the crazies with some sanity.
left office here in Maryland with a 77% approval rating .... as a Republican. Arguably the bluest state in the country outside of the left coast .... 77% approval rating. That is amazing! He Governed from the center, because he knew that is where the overwhelming majority of people are.

Dan Cox was the GOP hopeful against Wes Moore. Cox was a Trump endorsed candidate, and he was the full Trumper. On election night, the polls closed at 8pm, by 8:03pm the election had been called for Wes Moore.

left office here in Maryland with a 77% approval rating .... as a Republican. Arguably the bluest state in the country outside of the left coast .... 77% approval rating. That is amazing! He Governed from the center, because he knew that is where the overwhelming majority of people are.

Dan Cox was the GOP hopeful against Wes Moore. Cox was a Trump endorsed candidate, and he was the full Trumper. On election night, the polls closed at 8pm, by 8:03pm the election had been called for Wes Moore.

That may be the case but Maryland has one of the most dysfunctional cities in America. It's one of the leading states in lost population in recent years. It's also one of the 15 most taxed states in America. He did govern toward the left and that's what needs to be done in a state like Maryland. I lived there for 8 years and it's a pretty left leaning state.

There's an interesting thing to look at with respect to blue/purple states last cycle. The GOP in those types of states went with a lot of Trump candidates and almost all of them were horrible. And I believe just about all of them got their asses kicked. I can't remember a political party nominating more dogs than the GOP did this past cycle.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Interesting. Only political negative I can remember is post Charleston Church shooting, she didn’t condemn the Confederate Flag. Called it heritage and the liberals blasted her for that.

Did the “splainin’” things all happen pre-21 years old? If so, not sure anyone will care.
I'm confused about your Confederate flag comment. She actually had it taken off the statehouse grounds after the shooting. Seems like most people supported that.

Reactions: adgjunior
That may be the case but Maryland has one of the most dysfunctional cities in America. It's one of the leading states in lost population in recent years. It's also one of the 15 most taxed states in America. He did govern toward the left and that's what needs to be done in a state like Maryland. I lived there for 8 years and it's a pretty left leaning state.

There's an interesting thing to look at with respect to blue/purple states last cycle. The GOP in those types of states went with a lot of Trump candidates and almost all of them were horrible. And I believe just about all of them got their asses kicked. I can't remember a political party nominating more dogs than the GOP did this past cycle.
Ive lived here for 35 years, and there is very little the Governor of MD can do about Baltimore. Baltimore is what it is, its a Dem run corrupt hell scape. How Baltimore allocates the money they are given by the state is completely up to them.

Hogan caught a lot of flack from in-state and National Dems for not activating the National Guard during the Freddie Grey riots in a attempt to paint him as incompetent. What they failed to mention was that the Mayor of Baltimore, under the law, has to request the National Guard before the Governor can deploy them. Hogan called Stephanie Rollins-Blake (mayor at the time) 3 times the first night that Baltimore burned and each time his offer to deploy the NG was declined. It wasnt until the 3 day Baltimore excepted.

Ya the GOP went with the Trump endorsed candidates, because they won the primaries. It was a masterful strategy by the DNC to through financial support to Trump candidate campaigns, because they believed the Trump candidates would get steam rolled in the General election. That is exactly what happened ... I go back to the statement in my previous post .... Trump is unelectable

Excellent article on Haley from early 2021. FYI - will take 30-45 minutes to read.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2021/magazine-nikki-haleys-choice/

I especially like this excerpt...

“Listen, man. She will cut you to pieces,” said Dawson, the former party chairman and unofficial dean of the state GOP. “Nikki Haley has a memory. She has a memory. She will remember who was with her and who was against her. And she won’t give a second chance to anyone who she thinks did her wrong.”

Haley had once been nicknamed “Mark Sanford in a dress.” But around this time, a modified phrase became popular in Columbia: “Bill Clinton in a skirt.” This wasn’t meant solely as an insult. In addition to her vengeful streak, and her slippery side, everyone could see Haley’s immense political gifts. “In my lifetime in politics, the only person I’ve seen that I can compare her to is Bill Clinton,” said Senator Tom Davis, who was Sanford’s chief of staff as governor. “She has that same charisma, that same pulse on people, that same force of personality.” Mick Mulvaney, the future White House chief of staff who served with Haley in the statehouse, and had his share of run-ins with her over the years, told me Haley perfected the “Clinton model” of icing perceived enemies. “She may be the most ambitious person I’ve ever met. And that’s okay,” Mulvaney said. “I’m just surprised she’s felt it necessary to burn bridges with so many people for no apparent reason.”

Ive lived here for 35 years, and there is very little the Governor of MD can do about Baltimore. Baltimore is what it is, its a Dem run corrupt hell scape. How Baltimore allocates the money they are given by the state is completely up to them.

Hogan caught a lot of flack from in-state and National Dems for not activating the National Guard during the Freddie Grey riots in a attempt to paint him as incompetent. What they failed to mention was that the Mayor of Baltimore, under the law, has to request the National Guard before the Governor can deploy them. Hogan called Stephanie Rollins-Blake (mayor at the time) 3 times the first night that Baltimore burned and each time his offer to deploy the NG was declined. It wasnt until the 3 day Baltimore excepted.

Ya the GOP went with the Trump endorsed candidates, because they won the primaries. It was a masterful strategy by the DNC to through financial support to Trump candidate campaigns, because they believed the Trump candidates would get steam rolled in the General election. That is exactly what happened ... I go back to the statement in my previous post .... Trump is unelectable

I grew up in Columbia, MD. It's hard for me to get past how far Baltimore has slipped. It was on an upward trajectory when I lived there. It's a great city that is so marginalized because of all that goes on there now. It's so tragic to see. Maryland is a beautiful place and I enjoyed living there. Annapolis is one of my favorite places I have been.

Reactions: PAWrocka
Yeah, you do. I'd vote for her over Biden in a second, and everything you said is true and IMHO she would be a shoe in for the White House if she runs against Biden. But she's not going to get the nomination. Too many crazies in the Republican party obsessed with owning the Libs to pick a winning more moderate candidate like her.

ADVERTISEMENT