ADVERTISEMENT

No football in S.C. if....

I wear a mask when in stores but let's be honest.

Wearing masks isnt going to get us out of this mess. It is a very small part of it. Large groups and big gatherings will need to be eliminated before we make headway.

Big house parties, huge groups interacting, idiots drinking in bars, etc. That is what is spiking the numbers, not grandma or average Joe heading to the store to pick up milk maskless.

I think so too and agree. Wearing masks may prevent the spread or slow it down but the Virus isn't going anywhere.

Now the Gov't is mandating wearing masks 4 months into Pandemic. Its equivalent to wearing a Condom at your baby shower.....

I agree with you that everyone should wear a mask indoors but football games are outdoors, most everything else is indoors. Hell most practices occur in the indoor practice facility. Then there’s the weight room, dining halls, film rooms, locker room, treatment room, etc. Point is, there’s a lot of indoor activities associated with operating a football program.

And we’re going to have to tell the players, the amateur athletes who aren’t getting paid, one of 2 things, neither of which makes much sense logically:
1. This virus is serious enough that it requires everyone else to wear masks indoors. But you don’t have to do that Football Team, nobody’s worried about you getting it.
2. This virus is serious enough that it requires everyone to wear masks indoors, and that includes you Football Team. But the second you get outside you can be face to face, chest to chest, shoulder to shoulder with dozens of other people for an extended period of time. You can also transfer as much sweat, spit, and blood as you want to, but it’ll be fine you won’t get infected

The virus is no more dangerous to our football players than the flu. They are more likely to twist their knees walking onto the field than get seriously ill.

By the seasons start, all of our players will already have had it. I know opinions are varied on immunity, but most agree that they will have it, at least for a time.

Reactions: clemmer and cftum
I don’t know, but it won’t kill you to wear it for the next year if it means we have football. Oh and some lives will be saved as well.

I mean we are talking 20-30 minutes with a mask on a few times a week. It’s not some huge sacrifice and it’s not difficult.
youre trying to act all holier than thou but you put football way ahead of saving some lives..interesting

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan

Wearing masks isnt going to get us out of this mess. It is a very small part of it. Large groups and big gatherings will need to be eliminated before we make headway.

Big house parties, huge groups interacting, idiots drinking in bars, etc. That is what is spiking the numbers, not grandma or average Joe heading to the store to pick up milk maskless.

Increasing numbers without high mortality or hospitalization rates equals herd immunity. There is simply no other way around this disease. Why people can’t understand that you cannot hold back a tsunami is completely beyond me.

I am not advocating being reckless. Protect those at risk, but move on.

Increasing numbers without high mortality or hospitalization rates equals herd immunity. There is simply no other way around this disease. Why people can’t understand that you cannot hold back a tsunami is completely beyond me.

I appreciate this wisdom in such a frantic post.

youre trying to act all holier than thou but you put football way ahead of saving some lives..interesting

No I didn’t. This thread is about football. I just mentioned as an aside that saving lives is obviously also a result of everyone wearing masks.

If I’m being holier than thou, it’s cause there are too many assholes out there not wearing masks. I’m actually looking out for my fellow man. If that’s holier than thou, guilty as charged.

Anyone who is against wearing masks simply lacks common sense/concern for other humans.

The virus is no more dangerous to our football players than the flu. They are more likely to twist their knees walking onto the field than get seriously ill.

By the seasons start, all of our players will already have had it. I know opinions are varied on immunity, but most agree that they will have it, at least for a time.
You're failing to see this from an unbiased point of view. How are the decision makers supposed to tell the players that?

-Yeah, we're currently going through a pandemic. Everyone else in America has to wear a mask when they're indoors. Everyone else isn't allowed to gather in large groups. Businesses are shut down. But our opinion is that you football players aren't in any danger and there's a lot of money riding on you playing so you're gonna play.

Reactions: AustinTiger77
You're failing to see this from an unbiased point of view. How are the decision makers supposed to tell the players that?

-Yeah, we're currently going through a pandemic. Everyone else in America has to wear a mask when they're indoors. Everyone else isn't allowed to gather in large groups. Businesses are shut down. But our opinion is that you football players aren't in any danger and there's a lot of money riding on you playing so you're gonna play.

I see it from an Unbiased view. The economy is open and football and all sports should be played. There’s not enough danger not to. It’s in the football players’ best interests, the schools’ best interest, and the fans best interests.

You keep quoting Fauci but he changes his mind every week. Remember when he used to say, that mask don’t help.

Step off of Fauci. You act like he just makes up stuff. His mind and direction changes based on the best available data.

Scientist adjust their methods and procedures based on new findings.

You all are the very people who get upset whenever Clemson keeps passing the ball whenever they should run it. Now you are upset that Clemson is effectively running the ball because they originally only passed it.

Anyone of you who doesn't social distance and wear masks indoors (and you don't have a legitimate medical reason not to) will have blood on your hands.

YOU are to blame for the economic destruction to come and YOU are to blame for the potential lack of sports this fall.

I hate targeting people and putting blame because there are often two sides to the story.

This is NOT one of those cases.

Be better people.

You must have a lot of faith that the mortality rate will not rise again.

You also must not have a lot of faith in a vaccine.

I disagree on both counts.

Reactions: DClemsonTiger
Step off of Fauci. You act like he just makes up stuff. His mind and direction changes based on the best available data.

Scientist adjust their methods and procedures based on new findings.

You all are the very people who get upset whenever Clemson keeps passing the ball whenever they should run it. Now you are upset that Clemson is effectively running the ball because they originally only passed it.

Anyone of you who doesn't social distance and wear masks indoors (and you don't have a legitimate medical reason not to) will have blood on your hands.

YOU are to blame for the economic destruction to come and YOU are to blame for the potential lack of sports this fall.

I hate targeting people and putting blame because there are often two sides to the story.

This is NOT one of those cases.

Be better people.

Wrong.

He literally said he downplayed the importance of masks to ensure the healthcare system didn't run out of PPE.

perfectly put

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
When given an opportunity to prove their patriotism, conservatives instead showed that their constant complaining about “freedom” was fueled by their desire to be selfish assholes. When we don’t have football, it will largely be due to all of the asinine people who are so lazy that they refuse to wear a mask.
Haha...I just don’t think you know what a “true patriot” really is!!! I appreciate your enthusiasm concerning mask wearing, I really do. Just curious, what was your take on wearing mask during the rioting and looting? Where was your outrage for those in the streets and in the faces of law enforcement, screaming, shouting and spitting in the officers faces without a mask? As a “patriot” shouldn’t you have been out in the streets trying to stop them and handing out mask?

Interesting. You use a derogatory label referring to people drinking in bars but use a delicate reference to huge groups "interacting". I am assuming that reference is to the protests. Correct?

Interesting. You use a derogatory label referring to people drinking in bars but use a delicate reference to huge groups "interacting". I am assuming that reference is to the protests. Correct?

No. Any large groups. Protesters, rioters, house parties, block parties, weddings, funerals, big cookouts, crowded sidewalks in downtown areas, crowded bars. They all have the same common denominator, which is lots of people in close proximity. All of them are idiots, not just bar goers.

I see it from an Unbiased view. The economy is open and football and all sports should be played. There’s not enough danger not to. It’s in the football players’ best interests, the schools’ best interest, and the fans best interests.
I don't disagree I just think it needs to be all or nothing. If amateur football is allowed to go on, it needs to be because it is deemed safe enough for the US to operate like it always has pre Covid. No masks requirement, no social distancing requirement, no forced closing of businesses, etc. I hope it changes but it seems like we are a long ways off from that right now.

This is true, but Covid Joe going to the store to pick up a 12 pack could pass it to bar-hopping Bob, who goes on to pass it to many others. Any little bit helps.

Last edited:
Idea!
Since we let the Panthers use Death Valley for their franchise opening, would it be appropriate to use Bank of American stadium for compensation?
...I'm a solutions gal, it's wat i does
Why would we do that? So we dont infect Death Valley or get it dirty?

You can’t fix stupid. So few Americans want to do their simple patriotic duty and just either wear a damn mask or stay home. Thank goodness I’m a true patriot
I know, every time I leave my house with my mask on I feel like a member of seal team 6 fighting to save the world.

You can't totally blast the media on this one because there were other studies that said it was ineffective. Levin is blasting them for saying the treatment was dangerous. I don't necessarily remember it like that, but admittedly I consume little media, and most that I do get is second hand.

I'm going to make a lot of assumptions here, but it looks like maybe the dosing and getting it into the patients quickly upon admittance into the hospital may have made the difference here. I mean it cut the death rate in half. That's huge.

The drug is known for treating malaria, but it is also used to treat autoimmune diseases. Its effectiveness for those conditions may be the mechanism for its effectiveness here and the hypothesis from doctors that it would be an effective treatment.

Once again Vitamin D, this is similar to how Vitamin D works. It increases the effectiveness of the immune system while also keeping it from going bananas. And, of course, the RDA of Vit. D is basically just to keep you from getting rickets. We need way more than that on a daily basis.

What I don't understand is why are there 4 different test groups? They gave patients a variety of drugs, and some they didn't give anything. I mean nothing? Those people died at twice the rate. I have to be missing something.

Anyway this is a very important study. And, its effectiveness in treatment may not be the most important reason. The most important may be why it conflicted w/ the other studies.

Wrong.

He literally said he downplayed the importance of masks to ensure the healthcare system didn't run out of PPE.

And, we aren't in a better position re: PPE. Still a struggle for hospital systems to make sure they have enough. And, other countries that have mask requirements are just handing them out everywhere, while we just... do nothing.

Reactions: fcctiger12

I agree with everything you’re saying and liked your post. The issue I’m up against at the moment is for a lack of a better way of phrasing it, information overload. I’ve listened and read information from both sides from countless sources. We need to know the truth before we can understand how to deal with the problem. I absolutely believe we are being lied to about multiply things. Either we are dealing with a one of a kind disease in which doctors and the smartest people in that profession can’t figure out what to do or the numbers aren’t what they appear to be or possibly both. We know half of the deaths came from nursing homes. Now young people are the main issue. Something very bad is taking place. To much to discuss ITT.

Reactions: cftum
I agree with everything you’re saying and liked your post. The issue I’m up against at the moment is for a lack of a better way of phrasing it, information overload. I’ve listened and read information from both sides from countless sources. We need to know the truth before we can understand how to deal with the problem. I absolutely believe we are being lied to about multiply things. Either we are dealing with a one of a kind disease in which doctors and the smartest people in that profession can’t figure out what to do or the numbers aren’t what they appear to be or possibly both. We know half of the deaths came from nursing homes. Now young people are the main issue. Something very bad is taking place. To much to discuss ITT.

I'm with you.

I dont know what to believe at this point but I do know the entire thing is politically charged.

Never thought beliefs about a pandemic would be sharply divided by party lines but here we are.

There are no adults or leaders on either side.

Reactions: tigergrad03
If masks are so great at mitigating the spread of COVID then why can you still smell a fart through them.

Things that make you go...

tenor.gif

Lol at McMaster saying this as he literally does nothing to stop the spread. How many people will be at the beaches tomorrow and how many will be from out of state?

Numbers only going to get worse in SC.

I don’t know, but it won’t kill you to wear it for the next year if it means we have football. Oh and some lives will be saved as well.

I mean we are talking 20-30 minutes with a mask on a few times a week. It’s not some huge sacrifice and it’s not difficult.

Shall we wear a mask during Flu season as well? Especially when it peaks and everyone in school or work comes down with it?

The West Zone has become a toxic dumpster fire. Hanging on to the membership and hoping for football season for now, but if football is cancelled, then the TI membership is also out the door.

ADVERTISEMENT