ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea

Steven15

Woodrush
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2011
Looks like Kim Jung wants to meet with Trump to discuss the possibility of denuclearization and has basically agreed to halting their nuke testing at the moment. Not sure I trust NK of their word, but we can all agree the possibility is still awesome none the less.

Looks like Kim Jung wants to meet with Trump to discuss the possibility of denuclearization and has basically agreed to halting their nuke testing at the moment. Not sure I trust NK of their word, but we can all agree the possibility is still awesome none the less.

Seriously, so much winning is going on right now. It’s actually kind of scary.

Peace is always the best answer if possible. If not make sure you always carry the biggest stick.

Few Things:
  • If Trump were to get the Korean Peninsula to a nuke-free zone that would be a huge, huge win.
  • The actual % chance of North Korea giving up nukes is very, very low.
  • Without nukes, North Korea is a nothing in the world. Nukes mean EVERYTHING to them.
  • North Korea will promise the moon, comply for a limited time and actually end up delivering virtually nothing. That is their history.
  • Most likely outcome is meeting will either lead to peace or war. Really not a lot of in-betweens available here.

Kind of strange that they would go this far to just wave the white flag?? Although its just a silly tv show, Homeland has Iran and NOKO running a joint nuclear operation. Bleh but it is an entertaining theory...

Reactions: ClemsonGuy99
It's going to be funny when they don't give Trump the Nobel Peace Prize for denuclearizing North Korea after they gave it to Obama for just going on a world apology tour like a giant puss

mighty big assumptions to think that a) north korea is being forthright in these claims and that b) trump will manage this with any sort of tact or skill and actually get it done.

not to mention that the bigger irony would be republicans taking north korea at their word while at the same time decrying the iran nuclear deal as "the worst in history" simply because of the administration that negotiated it.

were-going-to-have-so-much-winning-youre-going-to-get-tired-of-winning.jpg

Few Things:
  • If Trump were to get the Korean Peninsula to a nuke-free zone that would be a huge, huge win.
  • The actual % chance of North Korea giving up nukes is very, very low.
  • Without nukes, North Korea is a nothing in the world. Nukes mean EVERYTHING to them.
  • North Korea will promise the moon, comply for a limited time and actually end up delivering virtually nothing. That is their history.
  • Most likely outcome is meeting will either lead to peace or war. Really not a lot of in-betweens available here.

I think there are a lot of in betweens here...

Reactions: Dave the Sig

Maybe a treasonous Iran-like treaty?

Seriously, so much winning is going on right now. It’s actually kind of scary.
What makes some of you think North Korea won't de-nuclearize? Trump put a stranglehold on them...& unlike previous administrations that would give them some type of aid just to shut them up every time they started with their nuclear rectoric, Trump did not waver. Now they have no choice. It got them to the table with South Korea & now it will bring them to the table with us....& we have not given up a thing to get it.

This, coming on the heels of the complete destruction of ISIS... It's amazing how much of a non-story that is with most media outlets...

And we have re-strengthened our ties with Israel... & I believe there is a direct correlation there with all of our "winning"

Last edited:
What makes some of you think North Korea won't de-nuclearize? Trump put a stranglehold on them...& unlike previous administrations that would give them some type of aid just to shut them up every time they started with their nuclear rectoric, Trump did not waver. Now they have no choice. It got them to the table with South Korea & now it will bring them to the table with us....& we have not giving up a thing to get it.

This, coming on the heels of the complete destruction of ISIS... It's amazing how much of a non-story that is with most media outlets...

And we have re-strengthened our ties with Israel... & I believe there is a direct correlation there with all of our "winning"
Hahahahahahaha

Lil Fatty is running out of his slush fund that his dad left him. He has spent it on the missile and nuclear weapon testing. If he cannot replenish that, he can't keep the elites in line and cant afford the caviar he has flown in from Russia to stay so fat. If they step out, theyll kill him.

But his demand will be for an actual treaty (we run on an Armistice) with SK and USA, and part of that will be to demand we remove all 30K troops from USFK and stop having our fall defense exercises with SK. US is not going to do the first but might give some on the latter. We're not going to take out THAAD or Patriots from our bases, so I don't see where this is going to go.

High risk, high reward maneuver.

Make it happen + notch yuuge foreign policy victory.

Anything less + you look like a fool getting played by Rocket Man.

China is the main (only) player behind North Korea. I find it weird that this monumental meeting arises so soon after Trump issues his 'tariff' legislation, demonstrating to China that he is serious about fixing our trade 'deals.' Suddenly...out of the blue...NK wants to come to the table?

This is the right answer. Most people greatly underestimate Trump and his negotiating talents. Also, Kim will be close to bankruptcy by November unless something changes. Trump is not going to take Kim at his word on anything. He'll refuse any deal that we're not in control of the monitoring.

lol if anyone thinks anything substantial will come of this. This is just going to turn out to be a ploy for him to try to reunite North and South Korea.

I'm glad Trump is sitting down with the north Koreans. I am not hopeful for a positive outcome. If you think this is special you obviously have a pretty short sighted view of history.

Im no Trump fan ....BUT even if nothing is accomplished ..... NK wanting to meet face to face and US agreeing to meet IS a big deal.

Trump will never win that award

No, of course not.
Reagan destroyed Communism in the Eastern Bloc of Europe, much to the dismay of liberals in this country, freeing millions of people and DRASTICALLY reducing the nuclear threat, and he didn't win it. Neither will Trump.
If you're not a flaming liberal, you're not winning any kind of Nobel prize, reguardless.

It's funny how history repeats itself.
I still remember Reagan standing in front of the Berlin Wall, saying, "Mr. Krushchev, tear down this wall!"
The liberal press went BONKERS!! Reagan was going to incite a nuclear war, the end of the world was coming, how could he do something so STUPID.
But the wall came down.
Eastern Europe was freed.

And at liberal universities in the northeast, brainwashed liberal students were SO UPSET they were raising money to try to restore Communism.

How do people get so screwed up?
Yet we've been seeing it since Trump became president. The liberal media said the same things.
Same result.
They never learn.
They've been wrong about Trump at ever turn. And he's been right.

It's going to be funny when they don't give Trump the Nobel Peace Prize for denuclearizing North Korea after they gave it to Obama for just going on a world apology tour like a giant puss
This is very true, but do you think for a moment NK is going to de-nuke??? Not a chance.

I'm glad Trump is sitting down with the north Koreans. I am not hopeful for a positive outcome. If you think this is special you obviously have a pretty short sighted view of history.

Your right. The historical outlook for all negotiations with this lunatic or his dad, has been been ridiculous. I don't have high hopes for this one either, but Trump is the man for this meeting. He is a street smart negotiator and will not puss out to this idiot. In fact, you could say that Trump has already won the game of "chicken" with this guy. In the past, we have appeased these guys, then come back tooting our horn; as if we have saved the world, only to look like fools within a year or two. People can hate Trump all they want; for any number of reasons but the guy will not be played and he's nobody's fool.

As most of you know, I'm not a Trump fan at all, but (as I hope most of you also know) I believe in credit where credit is due. I'm on board with Trump doing this.

We'll see... IMHO, talk, talk, talk is better than war, war, war. So kudos to Trump for meeting with them. It never hurts to listen.

I actually have some confidence in this working out, and AT LEAST things will be different this time. Kim (and N Korea in general are) HUGE liars. IE they sign whatever you put in front of them, take whatever you offer, then continue doing whatever they want. THIS time we've someone who is not a man of his word on our side. Trump will absolutely stab them in the back if he gets half a chance... I've always believed that ANYONE who does business with Trump will eventually regret it and now N. Korea is going to get screwed. Go Trump!!

This is sort of what they do. They bring this up in order to get economic concessions, then they use those economic concessions to prop up their regime and secretly continue whatever they were already doing. They basically use their nuclear program as a kind of blackmail. I hope we're savvy about this and don't just agree to whatever they want because of the prospect of de-arming them.

Reactions: Steven15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT