ADVERTISEMENT

Not much dirt in our Dirt Raid offense.

HeavyWaterTiger

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2004
Aiken, SC
Lots of things to be upset about and some things to actually feel better about, so, I'm not here to pile on.

The thing that hit me the most about Saturday's decacle was the lack of direction that the offensive play calling showed. I spend most of the game trying to figure out what we were trying to accomplish offensively. I know, we're trying to score points, but, what was the methodology to get there. Looked like alot of random plays that had know purpose. When Tony Elliot was calling plays, you knew he would call some things to set the defense up for something that came later. But, what I witnessed on Saturday was perplexing at best. Not sure how many times we ran the ball in the first quarter, but it couldn't have been many. I think the first 6 plays were all pass plays. Did anyone else thing we were a bit scatterbrained in our playcalling?

I wanted to make sure to point out what I thought were positives also. So, I think the offensive line looked solid pretty much the entire game. Cade was improved in most areas that hurt us last year. He did under throw every deep ball he threw except one that Turner quit on. But, he was poised, for the most part, in the pocket and accurate on most of the standard routes. The other positve was the defense in the first half. Not sure what happened to them in the second half other than the Georgia coaches making adjustments.

One thing I agree with Dabo on is that they need to flush this one and go back to work and focus on App State. If not, next week will be a complete meltdown.

Go Tigers!!

HWT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.