ADVERTISEMENT

Now that the US has Officially Entered Into the Biden Recession

Does anyone have Ukraine's social security number so I can claim them as a dependent on taxes next year?
Nah were just using them as a cleaner…most of it is being funneled back to friends and family of the govt members who saved democracy from the brink of fascism. Just claim random congress members you cant go wrong

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Another $3b to Ukraine.......better get those audits ramped up

I just don't get this. Please help me understand. The only way the IRS is going to generate $3B in additional tax revenue through audits is by finding $3B worth of tax evasion, or cheating / breaking the law.

Yall used to be the party of law and order.

Now you want tax evaders to be left alone.

Now you want an ex-president who takes classified documents to be left alone.

Now you want people who committed crimes on behalf of Trump to be set free.

Now you want to defund the FBI.

Now you want the people who stormed the capitol to walk free.

Now you want a violent dictator who illegally entered another country - one of our allies - to be left alone.

Meanwhile, if a black guy gets pulled over for a busted tail light and ends up getting shot, yall are like "Well he shouldnt have broken the law."

Brought this up a few weeks ago
not sure where you live, but man is it crazy expensive to buy homes right now. it's not the 70s where you could have a $50k/year salary household and be able to afford 2 kids and a new home mortgage on top of whatever student loan debt you may have had. coupling that with all these corporations and overseas money buying up every available home, IN CASH, and it's just impossible for people in their 20s/30s to get an affordable home.

idk what the solution is... maybe some additional tax on home purchases for corporations or foreign money. this will probably adversely affect people who buy up residential real estate for rental revenue, but something has to be done.

I just don't get this. Please help me understand. The only way the IRS is going to generate $3B in additional tax revenue through audits is by finding $3B worth of tax evasion, or cheating / breaking the law.

Yall used to be the party of law and order.

Now you want tax evaders to be left alone.

Now you want an ex-president who takes classified documents to be left alone.

Now you want people who committed crimes on behalf of Trump to be set free.

Now you want to defund the FBI.

Now you want the people who stormed the capitol to walk free.

Now you want a violent dictator who illegally entered another country - one of our allies - to be left alone.

Meanwhile, if a black guy gets pulled over for a busted tail light and ends up getting shot, yall are like "Well he shouldnt have broken the law."
I sincerely hope this is the dumbest thing i see for a good while.

good god you live in this delusional world where you selectively apply what does or doesnt constitute illegal or racist behavior that does or does not justify politically weaponizing the government. No stance on anything. I said it when obama was leveraging a fawning media to weaponize the govt and ill say it again. Idiots couldnt see that behavior for what it was and understand what it was creating, and they went batsht when the right said ok then were gonna get a guy whos gonna get in the mud with you and not give a sht what you say. He was met with a lot of internal govt resistance that was unexpected. The left shifting the overton window again has only enraged the other side even more, and helped increase its numbers. The political establishment resistance will have a harder time next time around, and this clown show admin opens up more precedent to use in retaliation. You think this ends well? And you think you hold some moral authority, the utter fkn incompetence and arrogance is comical. Im resigned to just watch it burn, im all good so why should i care? As sad as it is to watch the hypocrisy and economic carnage ruining lives, you guys are easily the hands down most hilarious group of people to watch destroy a country in human history. Up is down, left is right, boys are girls…but science

not sure where you live, but man is it crazy expensive to buy homes right now. it's not the 70s where you could have a $50k/year salary household and be able to afford 2 kids and a new home mortgage on top of whatever student loan debt you may have had. coupling that with all these corporations and overseas money buying up every available home, IN CASH, and it's just impossible for people in their 20s/30s to get an affordable home.

idk what the solution is... maybe some additional tax on home purchases for corporations or foreign money. this will probably adversely affect people who buy up residential real estate for rental revenue, but something has to be done.

I just looked and the house next door to the "starter" home we bought in our 20s is listed for $1.2M. Think we paid $355K for that house (albeit ours was smaller than the active listing).

Housing is certainly nuts right now. I'm not sure valuations will drop meaningfully in highly desirable areas either. Sales may slow and some of the "absurd" closings may become more scarce, but values appear to be here to stay.

People who buy residential real estate for rental revenue (of which I am one) already pay higher taxes. Property taxes are usually 3X+ here on rental property. I don't think mom and pop investors like me are the issue, but perhaps we should take a look at the very large institutional money flowing in.

But the point remains. Affordable housing - especially in a desirable area with good schools - is virtually impossible to find now (at least around here, but I assume the same is true all over). I'm not sure where a 30 year old couple finds $200K for a down-payment on a decent house in Mt. Pleasant. But I will say there are a TON of young families here, so maybe they are finding a way. Or maybe they waited until they were a bit older to have kids (as we did). Or maybe they are like the Lending Tree guy and are in debt up to their eyeballs.

OYVmR.gif

I sincerely hope this is the dumbest thing i see for a good while.

good god you live in this delusional world where you selectively apply what does or doesnt constitute illegal or racist behavior that does or does not justify politically weaponizing the government. No stance on anything. I said it when obama was leveraging a fawning media to weaponize the govt and ill say it again. Idiots couldnt see that behavior for what it was and understand what it was creating, and they went batsht when the right said ok then were gonna get a guy whos gonna get in the mud with you and not give a sht what you say. He was met with a lot of internal govt resistance that was unexpected. The left shifting the overton window again has only enraged the other side even more, and helped increase its numbers. The political establishment resistance will have a harder time next time around, and this clown show admin opens up more precedent to use in retaliation. You think this ends well? And you think you hold some moral authority, the utter fkn incompetence and arrogance is comical. Im resigned to just watch it burn, im all good so why should i care? As sad as it is to watch the hypocrisy and economic carnage ruining lives, you guys are easily the hands down most hilarious group of people to watch destroy a country in human history. Up is down, left is right, boys are girls…but science

Yikes, I am going to need someone to translate this into english if you want a reply.

I just looked and the house next door to the "starter" home we bought in our 20s is listed for $1.2M. Think we paid $355K for that house (albeit ours was smaller than the active listing).

Housing is certainly nuts right now. I'm not sure valuations will drop meaningfully in highly desirable areas either. Sales may slow and some of the "absurd" closings may become more scarce, but values appear to be here to stay.

People who buy residential real estate for rental revenue (of which I am one) already pay higher taxes. Property taxes are usually 3X+ here on rental property. I don't think mom and pop investors like me are the issue, but perhaps we should take a look at the very large institutional money flowing in.

But the point remains. Affordable housing - especially in a desirable area with good schools - is virtually impossible to find now (at least around here, but I assume the same is true all over). I'm not sure where a 30 year old couple finds $200K for a down-payment on a decent house in Mt. Pleasant. But I will say there are a TON of young families here, so maybe they are finding a way. Or maybe they waited until they were a bit older to have kids (as we did). Or maybe they are like the Lending Tree guy and are in debt up to their eyeballs.

OYVmR.gif
No argument here, I have an extra house I bought years ago that is now a rental home for us. The issue I have is with companies like Redfin, Zillow, and the host of foreign investors who are snatching up every home available throwing cash offers at sellers just so they can put them as corporate rental properties.
I read somewhere that Chinese firms were buying up whole housing blocks in Toronto just to turn them into rental units. Shit like that I have a major issue with

I live outside of Charlotte, and am looking for my first home. My salary is higher than that and no student debt and I cannot afford anything. Decent homes are $300K+ major emphasis on the description of decent, because they aren't the flashiest by any means.

Now I'm no money flasher or and not looking to get in anything extremely flashy (I graduated in 2020 so I'm taking a very modest approach), I just want my own pad to have to myself and its nearly impossible to find anything I can afford. I even have friends that have rented places that have jacked the rent so high now that they are moving back in with parents. Very sad state of affairs and I have no idea what the solution is.

To your last point, I have heard that hedge fund(s) are just buying up these properties like crazy which is really driving the buyer supply down, and throwing their rent income tremendously. Not sure how accurate this is nor if that is even feasible (I do accounting, econ/investing is not my forte unfortunately) but I think that would align with your point here.

Reactions: WapPride
I live outside of Charlotte, and am looking for my first home. My salary is higher than that and no student debt and I cannot afford anything. Decent homes are $300K+ major emphasis on the description of decent, because they aren't the flashiest by any means.

Now I'm no money flasher or and not looking to get in anything extremely flashy (I graduated in 2020 so I'm taking a very modest approach), I just want my own pad to have to myself and its nearly impossible to find anything I can afford. I even have friends that have rented places that have jacked the rent so high now that they are moving back in with parents. Very sad state of affairs and I have no idea what the solution is.

To your last point, I have heard that hedge fund(s) are just buying up these properties like crazy which is really driving the buyer supply down, and throwing their rent income tremendously. Not sure how accurate this is nor if that is even feasible (I do accounting, econ/investing is not my forte unfortunately) but I think that would align with your point here.
I was in a similar position as you 20 years ago and sucked it up and bought a "decent" home that I thought was way overpriced. It was tough to cover the mortgage at first but thankfully my salary rose pretty quickly and I was able to make some improvements and I'm sitting on a gold mine now. Home ownership is the best investment you can make to create a nest egg and the earlier you can start, the better. I can't imagine being able to afford a home these days if you're just starting a career, but if you can find a way to bite the bullet for a while, I'd advise going for it.

I was in a similar position as you 20 years ago and sucked it up and bought a "decent" home that I thought was way overpriced. It was tough to cover the mortgage at first but thankfully my salary rose pretty quickly and I was able to make some improvements and I'm sitting on a gold mine now. Home ownership is the best investment you can make to create a nest egg and the earlier you can start, the better. I can't imagine being able to afford a home these days if you're just starting a career, but if you can find a way to bite the bullet for a while, I'd advise going for it.
That's the gist I have heard from others. I'm completely against renting and setting that money on fire without building equity because its (usually) the biggest investment people make. My original plan was to do what my uncle did which is similar to you I believe - buy new, wait for it to appreciate, sell and invest the down payment and gain into a nicer home, and so on and so forth. He probably paid $220-250K for his first home, did this cycle 5-6 times from 1982-2013 and now has a $1.3M house in uptown Charlotte that he bought for half of that.

Reactions: Union County Tiger
That's the gist I have heard from others. I'm completely against renting and setting that money on fire without building equity because its (usually) the biggest investment people make. My original plan was to do what my uncle did which is similar to you I believe - buy new, wait for it to appreciate, sell and invest the down payment and gain into a nicer home, and so on and so forth. He probably paid $220-250K for his first home, did this cycle 5-6 times from 1982-2013 and now has a $1.3M house in uptown Charlotte that he bought for half of that.
Yep, I know many people that have done that and it's a great way to build wealth as well. I held on to my home because I like the location and it's plenty big enough for me(4 bedroom/3 bath).

It's scary to buy the first time knowing that things will be tight, but keep in mind if you have a fixed rate, the cost won't go up but your salary will, so it will become more and more affordable. Housing prices will continue to rise but you'll still owe the same amount - but with equity. It just makes sense. Good luck!

Reactions: 97ClemsonMac
Yep, I know many people that have done that and it's a great way to build wealth as well. I held on to my home because I like the location and it's plenty big enough for me(4 bedroom/3 bath).

It's scary to buy the first time knowing that things will be tight, but keep in mind if you have a fixed rate, the cost won't go up but your salary will, so it will become more and more affordable. Housing prices will continue to rise but you'll still owe the same amount - but with equity. It just makes sense. Good luck!

I have decided i simply do not have sufficient brainpower to figure put all the convoluted statements , information, misinformation, opinions, hyperbolic verbosity and the just general man BS and probably add in some crazy lady stuff

I am totally confused about whos on first second third and who is batting

Worse I an having trouble recognizing the teams , figureing out how to keep score and what even constitutes a score

So consider yourselves winners in the game of confusion

I have decided i simply do not have sufficient brainpower to figure put all the convoluted statements , information, misinformation, opinions, hyperbolic verbosity and the just general man BS and probably add in some crazy lady stuff

I am totally confused about whos on first second third and who is batting

Worse I an having trouble recognizing the teams , figureing out how to keep score and what even constitutes a score

So consider yourselves winners in the game of confusion
You sure you're in the right thread?

No argument here, I have an extra house I bought years ago that is now a rental home for us. The issue I have is with companies like Redfin, Zillow, and the host of foreign investors who are snatching up every home available throwing cash offers at sellers just so they can put them as corporate rental properties.
I read somewhere that Chinese firms were buying up whole housing blocks in Toronto just to turn them into rental units. Shit like that I have a major issue with
We are in agreement! Hallelujah!!

Reactions: 97ClemsonMac
White conservative male 'grievance fest' is a year round sport now, huh?
"white".......why does the left always assume it's just white males or white people that care about conservative values, especially as it relates to paying more taxes. True head scratcher ........

OYVmR.gif
Debt up to their eyeballs or parents with deep pockets are helping cover the downpayment. Even still though, a mortgage payment on $1m of principal at 3% interest is north of $4k a month before taxes and insurance. Now that we are north of 5%, it gets even harder for early career folks. Would also assume lots of first time buyers took 7/1, 5/1 arms to get super low rates thinking the cheap 30 year would be there at the end of the rainbow and their incomes would have risen by end of term. They will of course be panicking now.

Home prices and inflation have totally outpaced income/wages over the last 10 years easily but incredibly so over the last 3 years. The data coming out on income to debt right now is a pretty good indicator there will be default problems if things continue on the current track. Corporate debt should be considered a huge issue also with rates coming up so rapidly. Would expect a great many firms with large debt positions to recap/restructure several times over the next few years or undergo massive layoffs to make the debt payment, which you're seeing already play out.

"white".......why does the left always assume it's just white males or white people that care about conservative values, especially as it relates to paying more taxes. True head scratcher ........
It's a thing Jake. Kansas will even have a fall class to study you 😂

I can read English. Not what you wrote. Shame on you for not backing the blue.
Ill try to say this nicer…i would get paid a lot more to put together my thoughts on the goings on of the world than the people who would clean them up for distribution. Id even argue too much. But i had a lot going on and thats how those of us in that position communicated. I dont want to imply that makes me in any way better than them, i loved those people. the point is…the value is in the message.

So if you think commenting on grammar makes you sound smart or formatting matters…no its quite the opposite. It means you dont belong in the discussion at an intellectual level

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nytigerfan
"white".......why does the left always assume it's just white males or white people that care about conservative values, especially as it relates to paying more taxes. True head scratcher

Black conservatives

Ben Carson and Tim Scott

Theres a long list into the millions

Black folks are getting fed up with the left that wants to control them by using hate and division along with creating poverty among them by discriminatory policies

The best thing the entire black race across America can do is never vote Democrat again

If they would do that they would see a huge wonderful difference in their lives and the lives of their families

Ill try to say this nicer…i would get paid a lot more to put together my thoughts on the goings on of the world than the people who would clean them up for distribution. Id even argue too much. But i had a lot going on and thats how those of us in that position communicated. I dont want to imply that makes me in any way better than them, i loved those people. the point is…the value is in the message.

So if you think commenting on grammar makes you sound smart or formatting matters…no its quite the opposite. It means you dont belong in the discussion at an intellectual level

donald-trump-i-love-the-poorly-educated.gif

Reactions: dpic73
I mean never voted for the guy but given your challenges i dont expect you to grasp anything beyond a binary world. Now go look for grammatical errors like a good mouthbreather shakespeare. Put that 75 iq to work

• Haha
Reactions: nytigerfan
ADVERTISEMENT