ADVERTISEMENT

Nuk telling his true feeling about Clemson

dustinw

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2005
Apparently he was oppressed by the names of the building while at Clemson and that’s why he doesn’t say the school name

Last edited:
I don't understand people who have a problem with renaming things. You really care what the honors college is called? Let's move with the times.

That said, I don't buy this being why he doesn't say Clemson in his player intros. This is something like the third different reason he's given publicly for it. Not that he needs to justify his decision.

Love Nuk but disappointed in how he addressed it given the current environment and spotlight on Clemson. There’s a time and place for you to speak out, but to do it at a time where you know it’s going to be used against the program and dabo is a low blow.
Why do guys keep whitesplaining their uninformed opinion.

My understanding is we need help from the state legislature to undo some law in order for us to rename buildings like Tillman. Is that true? And if we're still waiting for the legislature after several years of this discussion, why doesn't Pres Clements just announce the intent and tell the legislature to fix it but that we're moving ahead without them?

Is it also true that the Calhoun Honors College is named for Anna Calhoun and not John Calhoun? Would that make a difference and shouldn't we just call it the Anna Calhoun Honors College instead and to be clear?

My understanding is we need help from the state legislature to undo some law in order for us to rename buildings like Tillman. Is that true? And if we're still waiting for the legislature after several years of this discussion, why doesn't Pres Clements just announce the intent and tell the legislature to fix it but that we're moving ahead without them?

Is it also true that the Calhoun Honors College is named for Anna Calhoun and not John Calhoun? Would that make a difference and shouldn't we just call it the Anna Calhoun Honors College instead and to be clear?

We're not waiting for the legislature. Clements released a statement about 3 years ago that stated the building names are part of our history and they ain't changing.

Apparently he was oppressed by the names of the building while at Clemson and that’s why he doesn’t say the school name

Not well researched by him: Tillman was like a million times worse. Calhoun , by the standards of his day, was very good to his slaves. Tillman wanted to rape and murder blacks to keep them under control.

Fans have wondered for years why he doesnt say Clemson. If it was such a big deal why did he wait til now to explain it? Especially when there have been multiple similar chances to explain it.

i actually hope Clemson admin earns his respect enough for him to be from Clemson.

Reactions: CU_Tiger24
Love Nuk but disappointed in how he addressed it given the current environment and spotlight on Clemson. There’s a time and place for you to speak out, but to do it at a time where you know it’s going to be used against the program and dabo is a low blow.

What? How is this a low blow to Dabo? He doesn't even mention Dabo. And these building names have nothing to do with Dabo either. He brought it to light at probably the smartest time he could. He wants something done about buildings named after former slave-owners, and he brought it up in the middle of a giant nationwide upheaval over racial discrimination. Perfect time to mention it.

So, change the name of the Calhoun Honors College because John C Calhoun was a slave owner.

Wasn't Thomas Green Clemson a slave owner? So..... eventually, the name Clemson University will be protested until we rename the University. I see where this is going.

What about the University of South Carolina - Pickens County.

No, that won't work. Too anti-Cherokee Indian

What about Lake Hartwell University?
Not sure about this history there

Old Main University?
Possibly

No, I got it. The Occidental Fighting Tigers!!!!!!

That’s got a ring to it!!

He still feels slighted by Sammy Watkins and the fact that he felt Sammy was the coaches favorite. I think this the true reason not the Calhoun oppression. Calhoun and Clemson are forever linked that is unless you just erase history. Time to move on just as I have moved on from the NFL. USA first always.

Reactions: cu22. and VTiger15
I don't understand people who have a problem with renaming things. You really care what the honors college is called? Let's move with the times.

That said, I don't buy this being why he doesn't say Clemson in his player intros. This is something like the third different reason he's given publicly for it. Not that he needs to justify his decision.
So, where does it end? Obama/ Kennedy/ Roosevelt District of Columbia?
Our, including cucks like Iceheart, society is so soft we're taking away guns from cartoons, and bringing down statues our country was built on. If we can't take the good with the bad, then we're in for one helluva bonfire

Last edited:

Yea! He should complain about blatant racism at a more convenient time for dabo!

So, where does it end? Obama/ Kennedy/ Roosevelt District of Columbia?
Are society is so soft we're taking away guns from cartoons, and bringing down statues our country was built on. If we can't take the good with the bad, then we're in for one helluva bonfire

Checks out.

You guys think this doesn’t hurt recruiting, but it does. Kids want to be like Nuk. Him coming out and saying these things will resonate.

You guys think this doesn’t hurt recruiting, but it does. Kids want to be like Nuk. Him coming out and saying these things will resonate.
Do you really think any of our compasses no what's North right now?

Nuke should know that Clemson would not exist if it were not for John C Calhoun, right?
Exactly! His argument is so shallow. We can’t go changing the name of everything that has a small association with slavery. It was a completely different time back then. The negative aspects associated with Calhoun are tiny in comparison with the good he did. Who knows what his feelings would be if he was alive today.

We should obviously learn from past mistakes, but changing names of colleges and buildings is absurd to me. Where do you draw the line? Let’s focus on real issues that matter and really affect the everyday life of black Americans. There are so many other things that could and should be done to assist the black community but changing the names of colleges or buildings on campus isn’t high on the list at all.

Reactions: kevmag2429
Blacks are 13% of the population yet commit most of the crimes. Do better. Asians and Hispanics are hard workers and for the most part, stay out of trouble.
True... sounds like you are on my side then....

It’s just a name so I really don’t care. The history of this country is still it’s history no matter how many names you change or statues you take down. We give words and names way too much damn power over us these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT