ADVERTISEMENT

Nuk telling his true feeling about Clemson

So, where does it end? Obama/ Kennedy/ Roosevelt District of Columbia?
Our, including cucks like Iceheart, society is so soft we're taking away guns from cartoons, and bringing down statues our country was built on. If we can't take the good with the bad, then we're in for one helluva bonfire
MLK was a serial adulterer. Let’s remove his statues

Blacks are 13% of the population yet commit most of the crimes. Do better. Asians and Hispanics are hard workers and for the most part, stay out of trouble.
All, while quietly suceeding in the US. Wish I could find the Baltimore Sun article written during the riots back in '16?
One of the best reads I've come across.

He still feels slighted by Sammy Watkins and the fact that he felt Sammy was the coaches favorite. I think this the true reason not the Calhoun oppression. Calhoun and Clemson are forever linked that is unless you just erase history. Time to move on just as I have moved on from the NFL. USA first always.
Yep

Because blackwhinning is getting old, when they are the one profiting in this sport.
Then you should find a different sport along with @TigerJAC that appeases your "white superiority" complex. That way you don't have to worry about blacks concerns off the field, when they stop scoring, catching and tackling for your entertainment.

Reactions: TylerHumpFrow13
Blacks are 13% of the population yet commit most of the crimes. Do better. Asians and Hispanics are hard workers and for the most part, stay out of trouble.
I believe the population moves up a tick with your niece pregnant by a black guy.

Then you should find a different sport along with @TigerJAC that appeases your "white superiority" complex. That way you don't have to worry about blacks concerns off the field, when they stop scoring, catching and tackling for your entertainment.
Nobody said I didn't like the sport or blacks playing it. They just need to sit down and shut up. They come across a little hypocritical.

When anyone in any race scores in football, I see a team score not a white, black or any other race scoring... quit being so racist.

Reactions: cu22.
Is it a fair statement to say that both he and Calhoun used Clemson to forward themselves to their respective platforms?
At the end of the day maybe they should sit together in a room and discuss it themselves when they're in the afterlife.
I'm sure they both have their positions...

Reactions: 152thinblueline
Fans have wondered for years why he doesnt say Clemson. If it was such a big deal why did he wait til now to explain it? Especially when there have been multiple similar chances to explain it.

i actually hope Clemson admin earns his respect enough for him to be from Clemson.
For the same reason kapernick lost his job for kneeling. Still far too many people who don’t want to understand or aren’t ready for the message

Slavery is not an American thing. The Jews left slavery from an African nation called Egypt. It is well documented in this thing called the Bible. People want to hate history now because it doesn't agree with their narrative and feelings. Africans, Egyptians, Americans, Europeans...etc in the past had slaves. Word itself comes from Slavic people....they crackas. Slavery has been a norm since dawn of man...until the 1880s...but it still exists to this very day. John C Calhoun was the greatest political thinker for his time. These historical events and people should be discussed and debated...not removed. He still has a statue at Yale...I hope so...haven't checked. Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, all had slaves and that was common at the time. As it was common for other nations in Africa, Europe, Asia, etc at the same time to have slaves. It doesn't make it right, but it was the times. Our founding fathers made one of the greatest documents ever for individual liberty and they are being smashed for being in a historical norm. Seriously, other than New Zealand...what other country would you want be in?

Reactions: TigerJAC
200.gif

Like your Pops
Why are you resorting to these kinds of attacks? I’m not doing that to you. I’m trying to seriously discuss things and you start going off on me and others like a 5yr old. It’s these kinds of responses that are aggravating to many people.

I typically don’t pay attention to the color of one’s skin, and just see an individual, which is how I feel things should be. And contrary to your perception of me, I’ve got a good number of black friends, young and old, that I’m around daily that would firmly disagree with your notion about me being a racist. And though I don’t agree with you fully, I still respect you as an individual and your line of thinking.

When people look to history, why can't they see the people who erected these statues and named these buildings where white. Many blacks didn't have a voice, but they sure as hell were the one's who slaved in building our country. How many buidlings on Clemson's campus were named after blacks? How many statues are there of black leaders in the state of SC?

So, change the name of the Calhoun Honors College because John C Calhoun was a slave owner.

Wasn't Thomas Green Clemson a slave owner? So..... eventually, the name Clemson University will be protested until we rename the University. I see where this is going.

What about the University of South Carolina - Pickens County.

No, that won't work. Too anti-Cherokee Indian

What about Lake Hartwell University?
Not sure about this history there

Old Main University?
Possibly

No, I got it. The Occidental Fighting Tigers!!!!!!

That’s got a ring to it!!
This decade I wouldn’t be surprised to Clemson change it’s name.

Not well researched by him: Tillman was like a million times worse. Calhoun , by the standards of his day, was very good to his slaves. Tillman wanted to rape and murder blacks to keep them under control.

“very good to slaves”

They were literally OWNING people...

For the same reason kapernick lost his job for kneeling. Still far too many people who don’t want to understand or aren’t ready for the message
Kapernick had already lost his job before the kneeling. He was offered backup QB positions by a few teams if I recall, but CK was not willing to come in as a backup if I recall correctly. Then the special workout the NFL provided, which was reluctantly offered and put on in ATL based on reaction of the NFL not handling the whole thing correctly. Was then turned into a publicity stunt by CK with the whole moving it around and such. Then there is the undisclosed $$ that was agreed upon between CK and the NFL.

I am not buying that CK is not in the NFL right now because he knelt for the National Anthem. Maybe you need to discuss this one in the Conspiracy Theories thread.

Come on, even Michael Vick got a job out of prison.

Apparently he was oppressed by the names of the building while at Clemson and that’s why he doesn’t say the school name

My only issue with this is that he waited what - 8 years - to bring it up? And has given other explanations in the past?

If it's what he thinks it's what he thinks. I can definitely see why he feels that way. But he should have been more up front about it.

Maybe it is just me, but I seem to remember Nuk citing he wanted to recognize Daniel High School a couple years ago and it wasn't disrespect to Clemson. Why the change in narrative now?

I thought that Nuk said he doesn’t say Clemson because he has yet to graduate from Clemson, and until he did, he would say Daniel High.

I've no idea if these are true but this illustrates the range of explanations that are out there - true or not, and from his actual mouth or not.

i got no problem with him stating his opinion, he seems to give the program his support in other ways

Does he though? It's his time and his money so he can do whatever he wants. But other than attending a few games I don't know that he's ever done much for Clemson since he left. But I do not know that.

Last edited:
We're not waiting for the legislature. Clements released a statement about 3 years ago that stated the building names are part of our history and they ain't changing.

I'll be shocked if they don't change the names.

Kapernick had already lost his job before the kneeling. He was offered backup QB positions by a few teams if I recall, but CK was not willing to come in as a backup if I recall correctly. Then the special workout the NFL provided, which was reluctantly offered and put on in ATL based on reaction of the NFL not handling the whole thing correctly. Was then turned into a publicity stunt by CK with the whole moving it around and such. Then there is the undisclosed $$ that was agreed upon between CK and the NFL.

I am not buying that CK is not in the NFL right now because he knelt for the National Anthem. Maybe you need to discuss this one in the Conspiracy Theories thread.

IMO Kaepernick - right or wrong - is out of the NFL because he was no longer worth the trouble.

Any player in the NFL - Kaepernick, Watson, Hopkins, Wilkins - brings a certain value and has a certain cost - the sum total of pay, locker room issues they cause, PR issues, etc. If the value they bring is higher than the cost, you keep them. If not, or if someone has a higher value:cost ratio, you get rid of them. Simple as that.

Kaeperick's value:cost ratio went in the red.

Reactions: wmnesbitt
We all have our stories to tell. All of us have experienced life in different ways. I try to respect everyone. What Nuk’s Mother is beyond incomprehensible. What I do know is that Nuk came to our tailgate during an off weekend his rookie season. He and a friend of mine’s son came by the tailgate. He was swarmed by kids and adults to have their picture made With him. He patiently and politely had his picture until everyone was happy. When it was over I shook his hand and told him I had never met anyone more polite. I knew from a news paper article that his grandfather had been a role model for him and I was sure his grandfather was smiling at all the patience he had shown.
My point is that I hope that we can all respect one another. He is a fine person.

If he had lost his job already why was he wearing that silly NFL jersey on the sideline during a game? Seems like an odd spot for someone who wasn’t on a team.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...ended-colin-kaepernicks-career-175616379.html

If he had lost his job already why was he wearing that silly NFL jersey on the sideline during a game? Seems like an odd spot for someone who wasn’t on a team.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...ended-colin-kaepernicks-career-175616379.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ninern...rnick-lost-49ers-quarterback-competition/amp/

Here is the story from before he started kneeling.

i will agree that there were probably some owners that didnt want the distraction but it appears the game passed him by and would need a specific scheme to be effective.

Reactions: Da Swami
Why are you resorting to these kinds of attacks? I’m not doing that to you. I’m trying to seriously discuss things and you start going off on me and others like a 5yr old. It’s these kinds of responses that are aggravating to many people.

I typically don’t pay attention to the color of one’s skin, and just see an individual, which is how I feel things should be. And contrary to your perception of me, I’ve got a good number of black friends, young and old, that I’m around daily that would firmly disagree with your notion about me being a racist. And though I don’t agree with you fully, I still respect you as an individual and your line of thinking.
Why do idiots like yourself cosign racist statements, make idiotic comments then play the victim when it does not go unanswered. Stop being a bigot. BTW anyone that label their friends by color has deep seeded issues.

What? How is this a low blow to Dabo? He doesn't even mention Dabo. And these building names have nothing to do with Dabo either. He brought it to light at probably the smartest time he could. He wants something done about buildings named after former slave-owners, and he brought it up in the middle of a giant nationwide upheaval over racial discrimination. Perfect time to mention it.
Not about Dabo, but if you just looked at the quote from SI in that picture, it would appear that there was some sort of pervasive sense of oppression at Clemson. Without including the quote that what he's talking about is the name of the honors college, you could read that and assume he means something somebody did to him, or something to do with the coaches. That's likely what a lot of people will assume with the criticism going around right now.

But that's not really Nuk's fault.

I mean... Lamar Jackson? Guy won MVP with a special scheme?
Are you designing a special scheme for Kaepernick, or for Jackson? I personally don't have a huge problem with not wanting to sign a guy who's going to use your team's standing to promote his personal political crusade, and I think people would understand that point of view if there wasn't so much passion around the issue of alleged police discrimination. But when you combine that with him being a mediocre to slight better than average QB, teams probably had better choices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT