ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, I'll say it re spskill

Tigerfaith

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Your posts yesterday smacked of innuendos of racism by Dabo. If you've been watching over the years, you should know that Dabo bends over backwards to be fair in who plays. There is no way on earth that Dabo was "using" KB. I resent your implications of that a lot.

For objective observers, it is obvious that TL is the better QB. Nothing against KB because he lost his starting job yesterday to a generational talent. Dabo didn't play any games with KB and TL...he's not wired like that, but I guess some people see racism behind every tree. The truth of the matter is that Dabo hasn't thwarted KB's chances of playing pro ball...he never had a chance to play in the NFL because he doesn't throw the ball well enough and is just a slightly above average runner. He may have a chance in the CFL.

So, if announcing TL as the starter in game one thus allowing KB to transfer is what you're asserting, it didn't affect KB's chances of playing pro ball. As much as I appreciate KB and what he did last year, he simply ain't an NFL player. Your not so subtle implications yesterday hold NO water, and I for one am calling you out on them. I knew what you were saying yesterday from the start, and if you had been watching Dabo's body of work, you would know that Dabo would never use a player. You should be ashamed of yourself making that veiled accusation.

Wall of text....

Whlx.gif

Your posts yesterday smacked of innuendos of racism by Dabo. If you've been watching over the years, you should know that Dabo bends over backwards to be fair in who plays. There is no way on earth that Dabo was "using" KB. I resent your implications of that a lot.

For objective observers, it is obvious that TL is the better QB. Nothing against KB because he lost his starting job yesterday to a generational talent. Dabo didn't play any games with KB and TL...he's not wired like that, but I guess some people see racism behind every tree. The truth of the matter is that Dabo hasn't thwarted KB's chances of playing pro ball...he never had a chance to play in the NFL because he doesn't throw the ball well enough and is just a slightly above average runner. He may have a chance in the CFL.

So, if announcing TL as the starter in game one thus allowing KB to transfer is what you're asserting, it didn't affect KB's chances of playing pro ball. As much as I appreciate KB and what he did last year, he simply ain't an NFL player. Your not so subtle implications yesterday hold NO water, and I for one am calling you out on them. I knew what you were saying yesterday from the start, and if you had been watching Dabo's body of work, you would know that Dabo would never use a player. You should be ashamed of yourself making that veiled accusation.

Interesting perspective. It is a popular “card” to play be people in society when someone says or does something they don’t like or agree with. I’m going to give SP the benefit of the doubt unless admitted by SP.

Reactions: BAnksMcFadden
Interesting perspective. It is a popular “card” to play be people in society when someone says or does something they don’t like or agree with. I’m going to give SP the benefit of the doubt unless admitted by SP.
No card playing here. He gets no pass from me.

Honestly, I have gotten that race vibe from a few people on this board & even some I've talked to...

Question is, if the races were reversed (KB-white, TL-black), would spskillz (or anyone else) still care so much? Just a question...not trying to start a war here

tenor.gif

Honestly, I have gotten that race vibe from a few people on this board & even some I've talked to...

Question is, if the races were reversed (KB-white, TL-black), would spskillz (or anyone else) still care so much? Just a question...not trying to start a war here
Good point. I am not trying to start a war either, but I'm not going to stand by and read that garbage directed at Dabo when the point spskillz was making was garbage.

You are wrong. You may have not liked his opinion, but there were no racial innuendos there. If you recall, he compared KB's situation to Cole Stoudt's, and sympathized with both.

Maybe his opinion wasn't popular, but in no way was it racial. Why even stir this up?

Last edited:

I missed all of the posts and don't know where they are but @spskillz has been around here a long time and I've never noticed any racial comments. Critical at times but we all are.

What was said or where is it?

I didn't read what the OP is referring to, but Dabo Swinney does not operate at all in a manner that could be construed as racist. If he did, I would not support him and the program he has built as much as I do.

It seems to me that Dabo handled this pretty much the way the Stoudt/Watson thing played out. I also believe that KB will continue to have opportunities to produce for this team although not as the #1 QB.

Cute, but you knew what you were doing.

Dabo is no racist. I also pointed out that it's essentially the second time he's done this, with Stoudt but some of y'all have trouble understanding that what is best for the team isn't always best for every individual on a team.

I couldn’t remember you ever playing the race card over the years. You’ve been here a long time and I enjoy reading many of your posts.

Dabo is no racist. I also pointed out that it's essentially the second time he's done this, with Stoudt but some of y'all have trouble understanding that what is best for the team isn't always best for every individual on a team.

Nobody is having trouble understanding that. That's life. What everyone is having trouble understanding is you taking it so personally, to the point of saying Dabo took a shit on KB. Dabo has tough decisions to make, it's part of his job. Some of them are much, much tougher than who to make his starting quarterback. They involve livelihoods and families and long time personal & coaching relationships. It's fine to feel bad for Bryant, but it's not fine to malign the coach for doing what he felt was best for the team in this instance.

Ok...whatever you say. Your posts were just bizarre intimating that KB would put himself in position to market himself at another school. He's a nice college player but has no chance in pro ball except maybe CFL. Sorry if I offended you.

Reactions: aembry05

Nobody is having trouble understanding that. That's life. What everyone is having trouble understanding is you taking it so personally, to the point of saying Dabo took a shit on KB. Dabo has tough decisions to make, it's part of his job. Some of them are much, much tougher than who to make his starting quarterback. They involve livelihoods and families and long time personal & coaching relationships. It's fine to feel bad for Bryant, but it's not fine to malign the coach for doing what he felt was best for the team in this instance.

Maybe SP had some drinks in him.

That was my point, that spskillz protested a little too much to think it wasn't a personal thing.

It’s shit on. Not took a shit on. That’s a WHOLE other thing...

Ok...whatever you say. Your posts were just bizarre intimating that KB would put himself in position to market himself at another school. He's a nice college player but has no chance in pro ball except maybe CFL. Sorry if I offended you.

I'm not offended but could KB be an undisputed starter at another school right now? Yes. This year at Clemson, he's like that booty call that you never intended to date.

Reactions: ERTigerVet
That was my point, that spskillz protested a little too much to think it wasn't a personal thing.

I enjoy the discussion. I knew everyone wouldn't agree when I posted it but it's what I think.

I think Dabo is great, just that he wronged KB in this situation.

I'm not offended but could KB be an undisputed starter at another school right now? Yes. This year at Clemson, he's like that booty call that you never intended to date.

Getting into the weeds...you are correct. Can’t be denied here. Same thing with Jalen at Bama this year. Doing everything they can to keep him until after the season.

Reactions: spskillz

I enjoy the discussion. I knew everyone wouldn't agree when I posted it but it's what I think.

How would you have done it differently? No flame. It’s a very difficult situation that we are very lucky to be in

How would you have done it differently? No flame. It’s a very difficult situation that we are very lucky to be in

I would've named TL the starter and said KB would play. In this instance, the implications are obvious and KB can make a choice to be a backup.

Do you think these high level athletes don’t understand that CDS is in a no win in some respects?

I would've named TL the starter and said KB would play. In this instance, the implications are obvious and KB can make a choice to be a backup.

Knowing KB would’ve left, would you still make the choice? He may still leave.

So what does that get KB? Your implications seems to be he could transfer and have a better chance to play pro ball. It was never going to happen.

Can someone please link the thread that started this whole thing? I tried not to care but this is the 3rd thread that has referenced it and now I'm dying of curiosity.

Getting into the weeds...you are correct. Can’t be denied here. Same thing with Jalen at Bama this year. Doing everything they can to keep him until after the season.
So that constitutes saying that Dabo shit on KB? Read between the lines.

No. I reread what I posted and didn’t want it interpreted that way. My bad. I was responding to the figurative comparison

LoL you would have named a true freshman the starter at the beginning of the season over an incumbent who just led the team to a conference title and a playoff berth the previous season? Holy crap, thank God you aren't our head coach. That's How to Lose a Locker Room 101.

It's very obvious that ALL you care about is one specific player in this situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT