ADVERTISEMENT

OK St. players get important concessions from Gundy

Seems like reasonable demands. Who doesn't want to sag their pants and play derogatory music. #moving forward as a nation

So strange.

You finally have the ability to demand change, real change, and you come up with ear rings, saggy pants, hair style and trashy music?

This is why a lot of people will not take this movement seriously.

I totally get changing the names of offensive buildings or more diversity within the staff, etc. Those seem to have lasting change. The right to wear earrings or saggy pants means nothing in the long term.

So strange.

You finally have the ability to demand change, real change, and you come up with ear rings, saggy pants, hair style and trashy music?

This is why a lot of people will not take this movement seriously.

I totally get changing the names of offensive buildings or more diversity within the staff, etc. Those seem to have lasting change. The right to wear earrings or saggy pants means nothing in the long term.
According to the comments, that these changes were needed is evidence of systemic racism.

What a weird time to be alive. If I were Gundy I’d have to hang it up. Sagging pants? Music? Dam. We are going backwards as a society.
Yep. If I am him I agree to it now but, I'm on my phone to my agent and tell him I am available to head to another school next year.

Players don't like it...the transfer portal is open.

Anti Sagging pants policy’s are racist. Walk around a college campus and see how much skin the women are now showing. (Don’t have a problem with it), but there is no argument to why you shouldn’t be free to sag.

Telling people what to wear is so outdated.

deleted. Was a pointless take, anyway.

Last edited:
Anti Sagging pants policy’s are racist. Walk around a college campus and see how much skin the women are now showing. (Don’t have a problem with it), but there is no argument to why you shouldn’t be free to sag.

Telling people what to wear is so outdated.
Asserting something is outdated isn't really an argument for why it shouldn't be done.

I said it’s racist. It’s a way to regulate the black community. This is also why it’s out dated.
Is pants sagging a black thing, or is it one subset of black culture? Plenty of black people don't like it. Unless you subscribe to something like multi-culturalism, we do have a cultural standard for respectable dress, and it's not a racial one. It's why Clemson dresses in suits and ties for team travel.

Is pants sagging a black thing, or is it one subset of black culture? Plenty of black people don't like it. Unless you subscribe to something like multi-culturalism, we do have a cultural standard for respectable dress, and it's not a racial one. It's why Clemson dresses in suits and ties for team travel.
I’m not against dress codes. I have to follow one for my employer, but we will have to agree to disagree on if anti sagging polices are racially motivated.

I’m not against dress codes. I have to follow one for my employer, but we will have to agree to disagree on if anti sagging polices are racially motivated.
Here's Barack Obama: "Brothers should pull up their pants," "That doesn't mean you have to pass a law ... but that doesn't mean folks can't have some sense and some respect for other people. And, you know, some people might not want to see your underwear — I'm one of them." http://www.mtv.com/news/1598462/bar...dinances-brothers-should-pull-up-their-pants/

And a local NAACP: "There is nothing positive about people wearing saggy pants," http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/saggy-pants-ban-debate

I think you'd have a better argument if you said that banning sagging was trying to regulate youth style.

The most widely accepted origin of sagging pants is that it came from the prison system, where inmates weren't allowed to wear belts.

Can anyone point me to the rap music that doesn't contain profanity, the n word and isn't derogatory toward women?

Here's Barack Obama: "Brothers should pull up their pants," "That doesn't mean you have to pass a law ... but that doesn't mean folks can't have some sense and some respect for other people. And, you know, some people might not want to see your underwear — I'm one of them." http://www.mtv.com/news/1598462/bar...dinances-brothers-should-pull-up-their-pants/

And a local NAACP: "There is nothing positive about people wearing saggy pants," http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/saggy-pants-ban-debate

I think you'd have a better argument if you said that banning sagging was trying to regulate youth style.

The most widely accepted origin of sagging pants is that it came from the prison system, where inmates weren't allowed to wear belts.
It is policy that affects black people more than white people. Obama or other black leaders thinking its not a good look is way different than policies that negatively impact the black community more than the white community.

I don’t wear my normal clothes to work. I’m not advocating for anarchy or saying there isn’t a difference between professional attire and personal attire.

Albany GA has a no sagging law that was pushed by a black politician, doesn’t make the law less racist. It’s a law the disproportionately hurts black people.

It’s no different than rednecks insulting black people for rims on dumpy cars while the rednecks have lifts and off-road rims on dumpy trucks. It’s the race of the people that makes it an issue.

It is policy that affects black people more than white people. Obama or other black leaders thinking its not a good look is way different than policies that negatively impact the black community more than the white community.

I don’t wear my normal clothes to work. I’m not advocating for anarchy or saying there isn’t a difference between professional attire and personal attire.

Albany GA has a no sagging law that was pushed by a black politician, doesn’t make the law less racist. It’s a law the disproportionately hurts black people.

It’s no different than rednecks insulting black people for rims on dumpy cars while the rednecks have lifts and off-road rims on dumpy trucks. It’s the race of the people that makes it an issue.

I guess you can concern yourself with all this. I'm just going with stupid people don't stupid things in all cases regardless of race. The more we preoccupy ourselves with this kind of crap the more ridiculous we become. How does not wearing sagging pants "hurt" anyone? I wasn't aware of any pain involved in wearing pants pulled up as they were intended.

I guess you can concern yourself with all this. I'm just going with stupid people don't stupid things in all cases regardless of race. The more we preoccupy ourselves with this kind of crap the more ridiculous we become. How does not wearing sagging pants "hurt" anyone? I wasn't aware of any pain involved in wearing pants pulled up as they were intended.

Similarly, how would a ban on religious garb "hurt" anyone?

Similarly, how would a ban on religious garb "hurt" anyone?

Similarly, how does a ban on social media not infringe on free speech rights? We can go round and round about this. This is a voluntary commitment to play football at Oklahoma State. If he wants to have those rules in place, they know when they commit what they're getting into.

Similarly, how does a ban on social media not infringe on free speech rights? We can go round and round about this. This is a voluntary commitment to play football at Oklahoma State. If he wants to have those rules in place, they know when they commit what they're getting into.

Yeah, I'm not so sure I support the social media bans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT