ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State football coming apart at the seams

This is why the 6 bad apples in downtown Clemson on Saturday won’t sink Clemson recruiting, or really have any material impact. Too much is happening too fast, there’s a new story every 30 minutes and some far worse than anything Clemson related. It will be long gone once football returns.

OANN is the "news network" that is to the right of Fox News, employs a Kremlin plant, and was where Trump got his tweet that the old dude who got pushed over in Buffalo was an Antifa agent from.

--Mr. DT

LULZ at doing that because somebody wore a pro-Trump media network shirt. How many people even knew what that was just from looking at the shirt? I had to look it up to be sure of what it was. And why is that supposedly insensitive? It's a little trashy, for sure, and I don't think it's a source I've ever paid attention to. But apparently Hubbard is saying he doesn't want to see anything that even remotely suggests support for something political that isn't what's on his mind right now.

When I first saw this tweet, I thought Hubbard was mad because his coach was out enjoying himself or something.

OANN is the "news network" that is to the right of Fox News, employs a Kremlin plant, and was where Trump got his tweet that the old dude who got pushed over in Buffalo was an Antifa agent from.

--Mr. DT

Holy shit this is a special kind of stupid. Full throttle towards groupthink. Jameis Christ, we have a ton of mindless sheep on this board.

So Chuba Hubbard is not free to not play for Oklahoma State?

--Mr. DT
Oh no he’s perfectly free to be an idiot. If he wants to skip playing over a freaking T Shirt more power to him. This is what happens when people raise their kids to get their way with everything, that everybody gets a trophy and you are a “Winner” even if you finish last!

Sick and tired of people trying to control what you say or wear. It’s freaking news that supports Trump! Big deal! What happened to it being a free country?! So tired of all the PC BS!
I mean, nothing happened it to it being a free country. Gundy isn’t getting arrested for wearing the shirt, he just has players that are choosing not to play for him as a result. They’re free too, right?

I mean, nothing happened it to it being a free country. Gundy isn’t getting arrested for wearing the shirt, he just has players that are choosing not to play for him as a result. They’re free too, right?
Yes they are free that’s what I said in my other response. Free to be an idiot!

They are basically an ultra right wing news source that has put out numerous false stories over the years that President regularly retweets/quotes.

here’s one of the more recent ones:

So is it the fact that Gundy is promoting a POV or news outlet that doesn’t align with Hubbard’s worldview? Is that where we are now? Or, is it the veracity of the news outlet. I’ve never watched it, but truth and accuracy seem like minor points to a lot of major news outlets these days. I don’t think there is a partisan monopoly on that, either.

When did it become “unacceptable” and “insensitive” to have different views than someone else?

So having a conservative viewpoint is insensitive? People are just flat stupid anymore. It's OK for people to have differing viewpoints. This s a young man who demonstrates perfectly how brainwashed and intolerant people are right now. Just so silly!

They are basically an ultra right wing news source that has put out numerous false stories over the years that President regularly retweets/quotes.

here’s one of the more recent ones:

To be somewhat fair, a little bit of that is attributable a number of more reputable sources misquoting the Buffalo mayor saying Gugino was an "agitator" and an "instigator." Obviously, the president shouldn't be tweeting things out based on such thin gruel.

So is it the fact that Gundy is promoting a POV or news outlet that doesn’t align with Hubbard’s worldview? Is that where we are now? Or, is it the veracity of the news outlet. I’ve never watched it, but truth and accuracy seem like minor points to a lot of major news outlets these days. I don’t think there is a partisan monopoly on that, either.

When did it become “unacceptable” and “insensitive” to have different views than someone else?
It's even less than that: he just wore the shirt while on a fishing trip, and happened to have a picture of him taken. What I wonder is who brought this to Hubbard's attention, and how he hear about OANN.

It's even less than that: he just wore the shirt while on a fishing trip, and happened to have a picture of him taken. What I wonder is who brought this to Hubbard's attention, and how he hear about OANN.

I mean ya'll really think this is going to only be 'about a shirt' ? This is gonna be a fun ride!

Reactions: tlynes
Political views aside it doesn't take a genius to know what the reaction was going to be to this shirt. Its a moment in time where college players have more power than they ever have had so this certainly isnt the last of these events.

And anyone picking on them about falsely reported news.... get a grip. NYT, WP, NBC, CNN, etc. have literally reported HUNDREDS of false news stories in the past four or five years. Hundreds! Don't even go there.

Also, these kids are demanding change so they are trying to take someone's livelihood over a shirt and their own ignorance and stupidity. That's just not good no matter how you slice it.

I don’t know what their motivations and views are. If I had to guess I’d say this likely has less to do with an actual shirt or news outlet and more to do with an overarching issue they have with Gundy and this is just kind of something for them to publicly rally behind.

Also, these kids are demanding change so they are trying to take someone's livelihood over a shirt and their own ignorance and stupidity. That's just not good no matter how you slice it.
I don’t know, sounds a lot like the free market to me. Wear a shirt that enough people don’t like and you can lose your job - man I love capitalism baby!

Reactions: insomniactiger
I don’t know, sounds a lot like the free market to me. Wear a shirt that enough people don’t like and you can lose your job - man I love capitalism baby!

What the hell are you talking about? It's called freedom, not free market. But given how you view things, as you were. I respect your knowledge of football but could not care less about your views. See, I can appreciate your knowledge, respect your right to your views and not give a damn what you have to say. That's call intelligent thought and there is very little of that going around these days.

Also as an editorial thought, these morons have no idea the reckoning this line of thinking is going to bring about. God help us all if they keep going this way because it will be terrible.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Some of you are so privileged that you cannot see it, but Trump comes across as racist.

He's been misquoted and misrepresented as racist. That's different. The lemmings will believe anything these days. If you want to be one of them, go right ahead but that argument about racist falls on its face in the light of day. Problem is most people don't see the light. Trump is a massive asshole, extremely immature and totally self-absorbed. That isn't racist.

Reactions: harristeeter
Oh no he’s perfectly free to be an idiot. If he wants to skip playing over a freaking T Shirt more power to him. This is what happens when people raise their kids to get their way with everything, that everybody gets a trophy and you are a “Winner” even if you finish last!
You are correct. Hubbard is acting just like Trump does with anything he disagrees with. These kids that are raised to get their way with everything ... SMH.

Reactions: tlynes
He's been misquoted and misrepresented as racist. That's different. The lemmings will believe anything these days. If you want to be one of them, go right ahead but that argument about racist falls on its face in the light of day. Problem is most people don't see the light. Trump is a massive asshole, extremely immature and totally self-absorbed. That isn't racist.
Both side of a white supremacist rally are good? Really?

ADVERTISEMENT