ADVERTISEMENT

2.5 MONTHS of GOP congressional control; 0 passed legislation for crime or border

nytigerfan

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2004
I thought these were major priorities?

EDIT MID MARCH:
If you want to count the bill to overturn DC's crime bill, I'll give you that one. Still NOTHING on the border.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpic73
This is especially troubling when we know that the murder rate in red states far exceeds that in blue states. It's like the GOP doesn't even care about their constituents.

Takeaways​

• The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020.
  • Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020.
  • Altogether, the per capita Red State murder rate was 23% higher than the Blue State murder rate when all 21 years were combined.
  • If Blue State murder rates were as high as Red State murder rates, Biden-voting states would have suffered over 45,000 more murders between 2000 and 2020.
  • Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.

This is especially troubling when we know that the murder rate in red states far exceeds that in blue states. It's like the GOP doesn't even care about their constituents.

Takeaways​

• The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020.
  • Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020.
  • Altogether, the per capita Red State murder rate was 23% higher than the Blue State murder rate when all 21 years were combined.
  • If Blue State murder rates were as high as Red State murder rates, Biden-voting states would have suffered over 45,000 more murders between 2000 and 2020.
  • Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.

No way they'd try to restrict access to their "hunting" guns!

• Haha
Revenge? How? And for what exactly?
Oh man, where have you been lol? Too much to type but Cliff notes: Revenge for how they feel Trump was treated, a focus on Hunter's laptop and other nonsense investigations that most Americans don't care about, trying to harm Biden in any way they can, etc... when they ran on Inflation, the border and crime.

It's not working out so great so far

Reactions: nytigerfan
Oh man, where have you been lol? Too much to type but Cliff notes: Revenge for how they feel Trump was treated, a focus on Hunter's laptop and other nonsense investigations that most Americans don't care about, trying to harm Biden in any way they can, etc... when they ran on Inflation, the border and crime.

It's not working out so great so far

Tax season man.

Reactions: OleFastball
Revenge? How? And for what exactly?
in about 14 months we will hear a steady drum beat of Biden administration gets nothing done right up to the election. in reality they will be at the core of it, but it will work on growls and thus 40% of America will believe it. they will vote for whichever racist they nominate and then cry when their shit candidate loses to a shit candidate from the other side. rinse repeat.

eventually people will stop supporting the two major parties, but i will be long dead by then.

That's the point, they should but they're more interested in political revenge and owning the libs than the actual issues they ran on to get elected.

The radical right do nothing republicans

The radical right do nothing republicans
Great read here

Reactions: clemsontiger02
I will answer your premise in a measured thoughtful manner to explain how wisdom works.

Having recently taken over the House the Republicans first are limited in what actions they can take due to Senate and executive being Democratic

Usually divided government is the absolute best way to govern as it forced collaboration, compromise and slow and steady

That being said Biden would have looked like a hero if when had come into office he had been slow on the fire aim philosophy

For example on immigration if he hold the rudder stiff on continuing with Donald Trump policies he would today have the high ground

If he had maintained the supply side economics of the Trump Admin he would be being hailed as an economic genius

If he had followed the Generals thoughts on withdrawing from Afghanistan the US would look like the MAN in world politics

If he had just let Trump fade into the night and let the classified document thing be a nothing burger he would now not be even having the clown show of him breaking all kinds of national security laws

Trying to hate on Trump by Biden and the Democratic minions has immensely damage America

Biden and Democrats hate Trump more than they love America

That is a historical tragedy that will be in history books to be viewed for future generations

Takeaways​

Break it down by county instead of state. The blue counties and metros would quite literally kill the red ones in murder rates. It’s not the pubs in New Orleans, Jackson MS, St. Louis, etc driving these stats.

Break it down by county instead of state. The blue counties and metros would quite literally kill the red ones in murder rates. It’s not the pubs in New Orleans, Jackson MS, St. Louis, etc driving these stats.
I love the Republican narrative that Democrat run cities have higher crime rates. The two most populous Republican run cities also have higher than average crime rates for their state and nationally - Jacksonville and Fort Worth.

https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/city/florida/jacksonville

https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/city/texas/fort_worth

We can also compare the two Democratic run cities on the list with a similar but higher population.

2022 Compare Crime Rates:
Austin, TX vs Jacksonville, FL

Change Cities

Austin, TXJacksonville, FLUnited States
Violent Crime24.933.922.7
Property Crime5552.935.4

2022 Compare Crime Rates:
San Jose, CA vs Jacksonville, FL

Change Cities

San Jose, CAJacksonville, FLUnited States
Violent Crime2533.922.7
Property Crime36.552.935.4

If you have the data to prove that, I would love to see it. Crime in blue counties is likely driven by the large cities in them, and...

Congress has not been in session for a month yet.

The Republicans don't control Congress. Just the House.

Nice try though.

Another really bad take in a long list for you.

There is nothing stopping them from passing legislation in the house on the border, crime and inflation. Yet, they choose to focus elsewhere.

This is from a Kevin McCarthy interview in November...

“The first thing you’ll see is a bill to control the border first,” McCarthy told CNN, when asked for specifics about his party’s immigration plans. “You’ve got to get control over the border. You’ve had almost 2 million people just this year alone coming across.”

If you have the data to prove that, I would love to see it. Crime in blue counties is likely driven by the large cities in them, and...

It’s not just cities. Look at SC. What do you think the murder #s in Clyburn’s district are compared to the rest of the state? Orangeburg, North Charleston, the dangerous parts of Columbia, etc.

What do you think a cross-reference of likely dem voter demographics and likely murderer demographics would look like?

Poor people, and especially poor minorities are much more likely to commit murder. Poor people, and especially poor minorities are much more likely to vote dem.

Guess what what many red states have in abundance?

But go on with your narrative. Nobody actually believes it.

It’s not just cities. Look at SC. What do you think the murder #s in Clyburn’s district are compared to the rest of the state? Orangeburg, North Charleston, the dangerous parts of Columbia, etc.

What do you think a cross-reference of likely dem voter demographics and likely murderer demographics would look like?

Poor people, and especially poor minorities are much more likely to commit murder. Poor people, and especially poor minorities are much more likely to vote dem.

Guess what what many red states have in abundance?

But go on with your narrative. Nobody actually believes it.

You are the one providing a narrative. I am providing data.

Another really bad take in a long list for you.

There is nothing stopping them from passing legislation in the house on the border, crime and inflation. Yet, they choose to focus elsewhere.

This is from a Kevin McCarthy interview in November...

“The first thing you’ll see is a bill to control the border first,” McCarthy told CNN, when asked for specifics about his party’s immigration plans. “You’ve got to get control over the border. You’ve had almost 2 million people just this year alone coming across.”
Facts aren't your strong suit are they?

The 117th Congress, you know the last one where dems controlled both the House and the Senate, pass NO significant legislation before MARCH of that year. None. Nada, Nunca, Cero, Null, Zilch, Zero, Goose egg.

This 118th Congress, to date, has passed 24 resolutions in the House that are awaiting action by the Senate.

I've got to say, I admire how you keep trying even though you are wrong so often. It shows a level of self confidence that is admirable albeit erroneous.

Reactions: TigerGrowls

Offender Race
Sort By: Category
Black or African American

White

Unknown

American Indian or Alaska Native

Asian

The link to the site the data was pulled from is above as well. There is no data about the political affiliation of criminals. However, we do know black/african american's as a race vote 90%+ democrat. The above stats show over half of all homicide offenders in 2021 were Black/African American. This alone tells you democrats are responsible for most murders. This does not even account for the % of white/unknown/asian/etc democrat voters in those totals- which is likely 30%+ minimum. While we can not put an exact percentage based on the data, we can be sure an overwhelming majority of murders are committed by democrates. If we would just ban guns for democrats, we could stop the majority of murders in the country!

The FACT is democrats are responsible for the majority of homicides, which would undoubtedly transfer to violent crime as well.

No matter how many times you post that misleading red state vs blue state propaganda- which I have shown you is false when broken down, it does not make true what you want to be true.

• Angry

Offender Race
Sort By: Category

White

Unknown

American Indian or Alaska Native

Asian

The link to the site the data was pulled from is above as well. There is no data about the political affiliation of criminals. However, we do know black/african american's as a race vote 90%+ democrat. The above stats show over half of all homicide offenders in 2021 were Black/African American. This alone tells you democrats are responsible for most murders. This does not even account for the % of white/unknown/asian/etc democrat voters in those totals- which is likely 30%+ minimum. While we can not put an exact percentage based on the data, we can be sure an overwhelming majority of murders are committed by democrates. If we would just ban guns for democrats, we could stop the majority of murders in the country!

The FACT is democrats are responsible for the majority of homicides, which would undoubtedly transfer to violent crime as well.

No matter how many times you post that misleading red state vs blue state propaganda- which I have shown you is false when broken down, it does not make true what you want to be true.

My man. Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

I clicked in your link and this is what it said for the nation. Your FACTS are dog shit, as is your racism.

All Violent Crime Offender Race​

White

Facts aren't your strong suit are they?

The 117th Congress, you know the last one where dems controlled both the House and the Senate, pass NO significant legislation before MARCH of that year. None. Nada, Nunca, Cero, Null, Zilch, Zero, Goose egg.

This 118th Congress, to date, has passed 24 resolutions in the House that are awaiting action by the Senate.

I've got to say, I admire how you keep trying even though you are wrong so often. It shows a level of self confidence that is admirable albeit erroneous.

How many of those are related to crime, inflation or the border Einstein?

Go back and read the original post and stop wasting my mother****ing time.

Do you think the narrative is incorrect? What was wrong in my post?

About to land in ATL from Orange County. Probably won’t be doing much fact research the rest of the evening.

I’ll look forward to your deck with county by county comparisons tomorrow then.

I think this is a pretty good start.

You can’t make this up. The two discussed GOP resolutions by the GOP are:

1. Impeach mayor as for not stopping illegal immigration at the border

2. Give Mayorkas the power to stop illegal immigration at the border.

Prohibiting the Entry of Illegal Migrants to “Achieve Operational Control”. Section 2(a) of that bill gives the secretary of Homeland Security discretion to prohibit the entry of aliens at the land and maritime borders who are inadmissible under section 212(a)(7) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), when “necessary in order to achieve operational control over such border”.

What a SHITSHOW.

I clicked in your link and this is what it said for the nation. Your FACTS are dog shit, as is your racism.

White
As I stated, the link only takes you to the site with the crime stats. You can narrow it to homicides- which would provide the stats I showed you. It's not very difficult, there are drop down boxes you can change for the year, type of crimes, geographic regions, etc. Are you not able to figure this out for yourself?

Also, just as I said it would, all violent crime appears to breakdown in a similar manner. More than 50% of the violent crime is committed by black/african american offenders, which means the vast majority of those would be democrats. Add in whatever percentage of the white/other are dems and the overwhelming majority would unquestionably be democrat. These fact ARE UNDENIABLE- as you would say. If there is anything that is dogshit, it is your lack of understanding.

Also, exactly what is racist about this info. Did I use race to draw conclusions about political party? Absolutely. Why would you not? There is no other demographic that is so overwhelming split politically than black/African american race. It is really the only demographic where it is statistically reliable to assume the vast majority is democrat no matter what subject matter as long as the data is from a large geographic region - of which the entire nation would qualify.

Last edited:

I think this is a pretty good start.
So rather than sit down with Democrats to hammer out new immigration legislation(which Repubs have always refused to do), it's better to keep the system ****ed up so you can say I told you so, and attack from the sidelines as usual. This Congress is so ****ed up I don't know how we bear two more years of this clown show.

White

Are those gross numbers? Pretty shocking if so, given one represents only 13% of the population.

Are those gross numbers? Pretty shocking if so, given one represents only 13% of the population.
They are indeed gross numbers. You can use the link in my post above to crime data by various demographics/locations/etc.

So rather than sit down with Democrats to hammer out new immigration legislation(which Repubs have always refused to do), it's better to keep the system ****ed up so you can say I told you so, and attack from the sidelines as usual. This Congress is so ****ed up I don't know how we bear two more years of this clown show.

Are you on crack, seriously? If democrats were interested in doing that, it would be done already. They just had control of the house for two years and as well as control of the senate - who gets to decide whether or not to take up the bill.

Reactions: jakefest
whats there to take care of kamala said theres no border issue. besides nothing is best case scenario for govt...the alternative was printing a couple trillion to stamp out inflation and making everything on the planet somehow lead back to race or trans people. sitting in neutral is the preferable option to the last 2 years of allowing the mentally handicapped problem solvers of the left unconstrained budgets and passage of whatever galaxy brain ideas they dreamed up over a bottle of glue during congressional arts and crafts.

Reactions: WildBill_2007
As I stated, the link only takes you to the site with the crime stats. You can narrow it to homicides- which would provide the stats I showed you. It's not very difficult, there are drop down boxes you can change for the year, type of crimes, geographic regions, etc. Are you not able to figure this out for yourself?

Also, just as I said it would, all violent crime appears to breakdown in a similar manner. More than 50% of the violent crime is committed by black/african american offenders, which means the vast majority of those would be democrats. Add in whatever percentage of the white/other are dems and the overwhelming majority would unquestionably be democrat. These fact ARE UNDENIABLE- as you would say. If there is anything that is dogshit, it is your lack of understanding.

Also, exactly what is racist about this info. Did I use race to draw conclusions about political party? Absolutely. Why would you not? There is no other demographic that is so overwhelming split politically than black/African american race. It is really the only demographic where it is statistically reliable to assume the vast majority is democrat no matter what subject matter as long as the data is from a large geographic region - of which the entire nation would qualify.

All violent crime is barely over 50% for blacks over whites. It destroys your argument. But you can keep claiming you are stating FACTS until you are blue in the face for all I care. Bless your heart.

$5B in COVID money to one elementary school to teach CRT. Classic Marge.

How long to see a mouth breather on this forum start quoting that number?

• Haha
$5B in COVID money to one elementary school to teach CRT. Classic Marge.

How long to see a mouth breather on this forum start quoting that number?
They will also now believe that a law school-level education theory is being taught in elementary school. And why wouldn't they? They believe every other assinine allegation they hear about this obscure theory.

All violent crime is barely over 50% for blacks over whites. It destroys your argument. But you can keep claiming you are stating FACTS until you are blue in the face for all I care. Bless your heart.
You can't be this obtuse. Are you telling me that none of the non black offenders were democrats? Obviously you can't put a reliable specific number/percentage there, but it is certainly safe to assume a significant percentage of them were democrats as well based on voting demographics for the population. I would think 30% would be safely on the low end given 40%+ of white voters vote democrat. That would be an overwhelming majority. Bless your heart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT