ADVERTISEMENT

2.5 MONTHS of GOP congressional control; 0 passed legislation for crime or border

And meanwhile, after further power outages, Texans are digging through dumpsters to find food, while their republican governor tweets about building a border wall.

I am guessing that all those reds who left California for that Texas shithole are regretting it now.

Austin......otherwise known as a liberal infestation in the lone star state.

Also known as the state capitol, this is the location where the republican-led government governs many aspects of Texans' daily lives, including access to basic necessities such as power in the winter.

But I know in your world, people who disagree with you politically don't deserve such basic needs.

Reactions: dpic73
And meanwhile, after further power outages, Texans are digging through dumpsters to find food, while their republican governor tweets about building a border wall.

I am guessing that all those reds who left California for that Texas shithole are regretting it now.

Loses argument, changes topic.

Just saw where illegal immigrants say life in New York is so bad they want to immigrate to Canada

Here's some data for you.

Highest murder rates in red states - all top 10 in murder rate nationally (Source):
  1. St. Louis, MO | Mayor - Democrat
  2. Birmingham, AL | Mayor = Democrat
  3. Dayton, OH | Mayor = Democrat
  4. Baton Rouge, LA | Mayor = Democrat
  5. New Orleans, LA | Mayor = Democrat
  6. Kansas City, MO | Mayor = Democrat
  7. Memphis, TN | Mayor = Democrat
  8. Cleveland, OH | Mayor = Democrat

Moving on, income inequality and poverty are the leading indicators of homicide. Here is an article from Scientific American touching on it.

While the Democrats have a substantial wealthy voting block, those in poverty and those at the bottom on the income distribution vote largely blue. Here is an article describing this a bit.

They [Democrats] have become a coalition of well-to-do city-dwellers, mostly professionals and office workers, and low-income minorities, both Black and Hispanic. The party thus broadly dominates the two tails of the income distribution, high and low. The Republicans, though always in thrall to the very wealthiest, draw their voting base from suburbs, smaller cities, towns and rural areas, overwhelmingly white, and broadly in the middle of the national income distribution.

There is a clear correlation between homicide and low income and a clear correlation between low income and voting democrat.

Now on to a visual exercise. Take a look at the Southeast in particular. The first is a map of homicide rate by county. The second is a map of the 2020 election by county. See a pattern?

xl23t365qub41.png

p-1-try-to-impeach-this-original.gif

Again, we have a very high correlation between blue voting counties and heavy homicide concentration.

Look at the heavy blue concentration along the Mississippi River, where violent cities like Memphis, Jackson and New Orleans are. Then the blue cuts through the deadliest parts of MS and AL as it goes east. The pattern remains clear through east-central SC and NC.

You pick up a similar pattern as you head west to NM and AZ. Even the blue portion of TX is deadlier than the rest.

So again, your narrative is BS. Now supported with data.
The interesting thing about your narrative is the nuance that: blue color bad. What an amazing investigation.
Lol. It is data. And yea the cities are one thing, but what about the rural counties along the MS river that are bright blue for voting and deep red for homicides? Same in central MS/AL and east-central SC (Clyburn's district) and NC?

I don't care if they vote or not. You tried to tie murder rates to republican led states. I correctly pointed out that is the democrat pockets in these states that drive the murder rates. The pretty pictures above pretty clearly prove that to be true.
Huh. Maybe other factors might be worth considering? Like education level and house hold income? Maybe that will save our discussion and bring forth fruitful understanding

The interesting thing about your narrative is the nuance that: blue color bad. What an amazing investigation.
Huh. Maybe other factors might be worth considering? Like education level and house hold income? Maybe that will save our discussion and bring forth fruitful understanding

The entire point was NY blamed murder rates on red states. But it’s the blue areas in red states driving the murder rates. That’s crystal clear.

Separately, you are right about other factors that cause this. Income, poverty, education, etc. The original premise was red state gun laws cause this, but I think your assessment is more accurate.

The entire point was NY blamed murder rates on red states. But it’s the blue areas in red states driving the murder rates. That’s crystal clear.

Separately, you are right about other factors that cause this. Income, poverty, education, etc. The original premise was red state gun laws cause this, but I think your assessment is more accurate.
Yah i don't believe its one or two factors causing violence. Its many, right down to the community level. In some places I bet under policing is a problem, in others, it might be over policing. Gun laws of course play a factor in gun violence. Depends varying what type of violence: School shootings and domestic violence, i would BET are aided by softer gun laws. Where as school shootings I don't believe income maybe a heavy variable, but domestic violence, I bet it is.

What type of gun violence do we care to discuss... because it matters.

Here’s are some non-GWP articles on the subject

As a new DC resident, I’m fairly ambivalent on the bills themselves. While I can empathize with the arguments of the DC council in favor of passing, I can also see the logic of those who found these bills to be potentially problematic.

With that said, I find it laughably ironic that GWP is crowing about House Republicans making a show of overturning local DC bills pertaining to their local city elections. What happened to the GOP being the champions of small government and the protectors against federal government overreach into state/local matters? I miss those days — the GOP was way more likable when they actually cared about that.

Here’s are some non-GWP articles on the subject

As a new DC resident, I’m fairly ambivalent on the bills themselves. While I can empathize with the arguments of the DC council in favor of passing, I can also see the logic of those who found these bills to be potentially problematic.

With that said, I find it laughably ironic that GWP is crowing about House Republicans making a show of overturning local DC bills pertaining to their local city elections. What happened to the GOP being the champions of small government and the protectors against federal government overreach into state/local matters? I miss those days — the GOP was way more likable when they actually cared about that.
This thread has op stating the gop is doing nothing except investigating dems so I referenced this as an example of something they did.

As I stated, the link only takes you to the site with the crime stats. You can narrow it to homicides- which would provide the stats I showed you. It's not very difficult, there are drop down boxes you can change for the year, type of crimes, geographic regions, etc. Are you not able to figure this out for yourself?

Also, just as I said it would, all violent crime appears to breakdown in a similar manner. More than 50% of the violent crime is committed by black/african american offenders, which means the vast majority of those would be democrats. Add in whatever percentage of the white/other are dems and the overwhelming majority would unquestionably be democrat. These fact ARE UNDENIABLE- as you would say. If there is anything that is dogshit, it is your lack of understanding.

Also, exactly what is racist about this info. Did I use race to draw conclusions about political party? Absolutely. Why would you not? There is no other demographic that is so overwhelming split politically than black/African american race. It is really the only demographic where it is statistically reliable to assume the vast majority is democrat no matter what subject matter as long as the data is from a large geographic region - of which the entire nation would qualify.

OK as statistics go if you can believe them LOL the population split

White 65 per cent
latino 19 per cent
black 12 per cent

50 per cent of homicides and crimes are categorized under the black population

So if we look at these numbers wonder what one would think

Congress has not been in session for a month yet.

The Republicans don't control Congress. Just the House.

Nice try though.
There were people who went right along with Hitler and they thought they were right. They died thinking they were doing the right thing.

I’ve learned that you’re not changing anyone’s mind. We honestly believe what we want and refuse to allow our thoughts to be criticized.

You either hate liberals or love trump. You can’t criticize any leftist without them assuming you drool over Trump. There’s no middle ground. I’ve yet to find a “leftist” who was willing to actually be open minded.

You’re mouth breathing racist trump lover if you think the the direction of the left is not good.

How are we to even learn what we don’t know? Everyone these days is a genius and a master at their subject. However, they likely spend less than 5 minutes doing any of their own research.

Think about like this…
Residents of Liberal states thought the death rate for Covid was far greater than it was. Conservative states that it was far less. You have no idea what to believe anymore because you never get to hear the other side. Everyone lives in their own bubble.

Just where we are now.

There were people who went right along with Hitler and they thought they were right. They died thinking they were doing the right thing.

I’ve learned that you’re not changing anyone’s mind. We honestly believe what we want and refuse to allow our thoughts to be criticized.

You either hate liberals or love trump. You can’t criticize any leftist without them assuming you drool over Trump. There’s no middle ground. I’ve yet to find a “leftist” who was willing to actually be open minded.

You’re mouth breathing racist trump lover if you think the the direction of the left is not good.

How are we to even learn what we don’t know? Everyone these days is a genius and a master at their subject. However, they likely spend less than 5 minutes doing any of their own research.

Think about like this…
Residents of Liberal states thought the death rate for Covid was far greater than it was. Conservative states that it was far less. You have no idea what to believe anymore because you never get to hear the other side. Everyone lives in their own bubble.

Just where we are now.
If you're really looking for a reasonable discussion, it's probably not a good idea to begin with an inference that the other side are like the Nazis.

Maybe you haven't noticed but despite Joe Biden having one of the most consequential two years in Presidential history, with a long list of accomplishments, the other side casts him as the Anti-christ responsible for a stolen election, being in bed with Communist China, molesting children, toe-nail fungus and all of the rest of the world's ills. Has he been perfect, oh no he has not, but let's just say if you were previously or currently a Trump supporter, your bitching rings really hollow and that's why we remind you of it.

Ya see, you aren't willing to evaluate him honestly and those of you on the right come across as just a bunch of yahoos bitching non-stop 24/7 just for the hell of it. You want him to pay for something....not clear what it is but it's likely related to your embarrassment for how badly he beat the former guy.

Your guy had his chance to show the direction he wanted to take this country and it was ugly AF and the majority of Americans wanted no part of it anymore.

You want honest discussion, then stop with all the conspiracy theories and pull yourself up by your bootstraps - Joe Biden is not the cause of all your problems.

OK as statistics go if you can believe them LOL the population split

White 65 per cent
latino 19 per cent
black 12 per cent

50 per cent of homicides and crimes are categorized under the black population

So if we look at these numbers wonder what one would think
That democrats are responsible for the majority of violent crime/murders. No way to quantify what percentage of White/latino offenders are democrats with a high degree of certainty, but we know know the black population votes 90%+ dem. I think it would be reasonable to assume 25%-35% of the white/latino offenders are democrats since typical voting percentages for that population is comfortably over that percentage. It is probably higher than that.

If you're really looking for a reasonable discussion, it's probably not a good idea to begin with an inference that the other side are like the Nazis.

Maybe you haven't noticed but despite Joe Biden having one of the most consequential two years in Presidential history, with a long list of accomplishments, the other side casts him as the Anti-christ responsible for a stolen election, being in bed with Communist China, molesting children, toe-nail fungus and all of the rest of the world's ills. Has he been perfect, oh no he has not, but let's just say if you were previously or currently a Trump supporter, your bitching rings really hollow and that's why we remind you of it.

Ya see, you aren't willing to evaluate him honestly and those of you on the right come across as just a bunch of yahoos bitching non-stop 24/7 just for the hell of it. You want him to pay for something....not clear what it is but it's likely related to your embarrassment for how badly he beat the former guy.

Your guy had his chance to show the direction he wanted to take this country and it was ugly AF and the majority of Americans wanted no part of it anymore.

You want honest discussion, then stop with all the conspiracy theories and pull yourself up by your bootstraps - Joe Biden is not the cause of all your problems.
You might be the biggest assumer in the world. Since we’re being honest, you come across like some dude who closes his hears and yells “lalalalalalal” while someone is talking. You come across as someone who’s least likely to have a conversation and most likely to start arguing and just talking over someone who opposes you.

You’ve yet to post any real conversation other than actually just yell and make assumption about anyone who may see things differently than you. How about educate someone who’s willing to listen. How about use your platform and all of your God given knowledge to show people the way?

You’re the smartest person in this world when it comes to politics and we’re all wrong. Again, you and me both can’t be right.

Someone is wrong. Someone is very wrong and someone hasn’t the slightest f***ing clue. Maybe it’s me. I very well could be the one who is way off and extremely wrong. You refuse to believe it’s possibly you.

That’s the difference between us. I know what I don’t know.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
You might be the biggest assumer in the world. Since we’re being honest, you come across like some dude who closes his hears and yells “lalalalalalal” while someone is talking. You come across as someone who’s least likely to have a conversation and most likely to start arguing and just talking over someone who opposes you.

You’ve yet to post any real conversation other than actually just yell and make assumption about anyone who may see things differently than you. How about educate someone who’s willing to listen. How about use your platform and all of your God given knowledge to show people the way?

You’re the smartest person in this world when it comes to politics and we’re all wrong. Again, you and me both can’t be right.

Someone is wrong. Someone is very wrong and someone hasn’t the slightest f***ing clue. Maybe it’s me. I very well could be the one who is way off and extremely wrong. You refuse to believe it’s possibly you.

Tiger Guru

I want to thank you for keeping the open mind philosophy

I drop back in here every day to get a laugh at the threads

America is in a bad place at the moment

Whether it is believable most of us agree

The problem America has is we have a hate driven media using the internet as one tool

Of course TV and more

Keep that open mind and listen and let’s including me work at finding compromises

Reactions: Tiger Guru
Tiger Guru

I want to thank you for keeping the open mind philosophy

I drop back in here every day to get a laugh at the threads

America is in a bad place at the moment

Whether it is believable most of us agree

The problem America has is we have a hate driven media using the internet as one tool

Of course TV and more

Keep that open mind and listen and let’s including me work at finding compromises
Im just not a "fanboy" of anyone. Nobody is above criticism, and I absolutely cannot stand corruption. If Trump is corrupt, lock him up. If Biden is corrupt, lock him up. I don't care what "team" you play for.

There's doing the right thing and there's not. There're also people forcefully going against the grain and working with the opposition to put us in a vulnerable position for future generations and those people are Traitors and should be publicly executed. We all know they exist.

Not everyone is great at what they do. I don't think it's bad to want the best for our leader. The guy wearing the suit and standing in front of people isn't the true leader of this nation and that's where our country has an issue. It's bigger than them and we need to stop that while we still can. Every president after JFK was reminded of that.

I know what I don't know. I'll never bury my head in the sand for the sake of a party or a leader. I'm ok with being wrong and learning. I just want the best for this nation and it's future.

I can't imagine anyone having an issue with that. But not everyone is willing to learn what they are uncomfortable with or don't know. Too many people love their bubble. Complacency is the biggest killer to success.

Last edited:

You know that I've previously mentioned to you that you're the conspiracy theorist that I can most easily work with because I respect that you're willing to learn and keep an open mind - but you're still a conspiracy theorist.

But here's the thing - I don't think I'm smarter than you or better than you. I can tell by the way you write that you're not a dummy and I remember you telling us about your upbringing and what you had to overcome to get where you are today, and I totally respect that about you.

I'm not here to give you lessons, I'm here to challenge misinformation and when I do that, I always have backup and I can prove what I say is true - but you can't.... and that's why I know who's right and who's wrong. It's not that I know more than you, it's just that I use evidence to frame my arguments and that's the difference between us.

On this board, you see repeatedly those on the Right spouting misinformation because they're so insulated in their echo chambers that they don't even have a clue that they're wrong, because they post about the fake news they're consistently exposed to and never hear an alternate viewpoint unless someone here challenges them. You can mock and mistrust the MSM all you want but that's exactly what your sources want you to do so you'll only trust what they tell you. Maybe you should expand your sources, I don't know, but if you come here and regurgitate nonsense, I will challenge it. That's all.

Reactions: Tiger Guru
You know that I've previously mentioned to you that you're the conspiracy theorist that I can most easily work with because I respect that you're willing to learn and keep an open mind - but you're still a conspiracy theorist.

But here's the thing - I don't think I'm smarter than you or better than you. I can tell by the way you write that you're not a dummy and I remember you telling us about your upbringing and what you had to overcome to get where you are today, and I totally respect that about you.

I'm not here to give you lessons, I'm here to challenge misinformation and when I do that, I always have backup and I can prove what I say is true - but you can't.... and that's why I know who's right and who's wrong. It's not that I know more than you, it's just that I use evidence to frame my arguments and that's the difference between us.

On this board, you see repeatedly those on the Right spouting misinformation because they're so insulated in their echo chambers that they don't even have a clue that they're wrong, because they post about the fake news they're consistently exposed to and never hear an alternate viewpoint unless someone here challenges them. You can mock and mistrust the MSM all you want but that's exactly what your sources want you to do so you'll only trust what they tell you. Maybe you should expand your sources, I don't know, but if you come here and regurgitate nonsense, I will challenge it. That's all.
There's no denying we're in an information war that's extremely toxic. Glad you're fighting the good fight even if we may not always agree on a topic. Evidence these days is cast off as "conspiracy". Covid is probably the best example. Most evidence I have has been banned. Back when I was presenting evidence of Covid that was contrary to National media, it was banned, and I was deemed conspiracy theorist. YouTube and Twitter both censor my evidence to support my reasoning. Should I somehow find a way to prove it, you would discredit it and shut it down immediately because of its origin. If it's not "brand name" news, it must be fake. If it's not the "news I want to hear" or am used to hearing, it must be fake or conspiracy. We forget not everyone is "on board" and loves their job. Many people quit their jobs and left completely due to Covid misinformation. What a dangerous world when we refuse to hear the other side or ignore our faults.

There's lots of misinformation, including the Jan 6th stuff that our National Media loves to put out. But I still hear left leaning people reciting it as fact. It's not excluded to just the right. In fact, I would argue our national media, which is predominantly left leaning, is extremely corrupt. I don't think that's a conspiracy "theory", per se. Corruption isn't a conspiracy theory. It' s very real. We're conditioned to "not talk politics" for a reason. "Keep your eyes off of them and in fact, do your best to not talk about them. It's inconsiderate to talk about the people making millions and millions representing you."

Now, add FB, Insta and Twitter and it's a whole different world. The Twitter files are scary. China and Russia do not need help from within our government. Nobody is immune to criticism and as long as we continue to hold people in position accountable, we can't go wrong. Fox and CNN are the exact same to me. One assumes because you're against Antifa, you must love Trump. If you like Trump you're a racist. If you like the idea of "making America great again" you must be a racist. The core belief of "woke" isn't bad, but the right has adopted it as different meaning. Everyone on the left is an "extreme leftist" and everyone on the right is a "far right winger". Extremes vs Extremes. We're like Football fans of a party. We refuse to see our own faults and we're not comfortable criticizing ourselves.

We need to quit ignoring the wrongs of everyone. Start focusing on corruption, regardless of party and thin the herd for the betterment of our kids and grandkids. Otherwise, there's no hope and we could go down in 100 years as the society who died thinking we were being noble. We don't have the luxury of hindsight. We are living in the now and making decision that effect the future. I can't imagine anyone who doesn't want what's best for nation first having any issues with any of that. I don't expect China to want what's best for us. I don't expect Russia to either. I do expect us to do our best to ensure our future generations continue to be Americans and continue to have the freedoms to type their opinions on a message board without fear of consequence. I don't want to be the "dead nazis" people are shamed of 100 years from now. I don't want people asking, "how it happened". Hitler wasn't anywhere near the monster Stalin was but we only talk about them two individuals. How about the millions and millions of followers they both had? They died thinking what they did was right, and they couldn't be more wrong. That's what scares the hell out of me.

Keep fighting the good fight and keep evaluating within. That's how we grow as humans.

PS** Thanks for the kind words above. I appreciate that.

Last edited:
I thought these were major priorities?

Two months. There is no legislation on crime or the border.

But all of those hearings are going really well. This is one of my favorite moments:

The future of the GOP, Marjorie Taylor Greenshits, has a mother who lost two sons to fentanyl overdoses come in to testify that Joe Biden killed her sons by allowing the fentanyl to come across the border. Sadly, her two sone died when trump was president.

• Haha
Two months. There is no legislation on crime or the border.

But all of those hearings are going really well. This is one of my favorite moments:

The future of the GOP, Marjorie Taylor Greenshits, has a mother who lost two sons to fentanyl overdoses come in to testify that Joe Biden killed her sons by allowing the fentanyl to come across the border. Sadly, her two sone died when trump was president.

Low iq response from China Joe. No one ever said there was no fentanyl before 2021. A lot have correctly said that Joe has made the problem a lot worse now than it was then.

Let's militarize the border and attack the cartels. That would stop it. It will never happen though unfortunately.

Low iq response from China Joe. No one ever said there was no fentanyl before 2021. A lot have correctly said that Joe has made the problem a lot worse now than it was then.

Let's militarize the border and attack the cartels. That would stop it. It will never happen though unfortunately.
You missed the point - the GQP will do and say anything for power, including having this lady lie about Joe Biden killing her children, when it actually happened on Trump's watch. Dumbasses on your side rage about the increase in the amount of "seizures" since Joe was elected. Seizures=stopped from crossing the border, lol

ADVERTISEMENT