ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando nightclub massacre...

Steven B. Janowski

Valles Marineris
Jan 3, 2016
Wow...terrible tragedy. Apparently at least 20 killed/45 injured in mass execution. You guys thinking terrorist plot or anti-homosexual agenda? Regardless...condolences to the families of the victims. Its been hard for me to consider starting a family with the regularity of such events. This world seems to be in a dark place. God bless...

Reactions: scartiger
Was this an islamic attack or a so called depressed idiot upset over Bernie losing the nomination.

Being investigated as a terrorist plot, domestic or international... Shooter allegedly with Islamic leanings... Source USA Today...

FBI Special Agent Ronald Hopper said the case was being investigated as a possible act of terrorism, either domestic or international. It was not clear if the shooter acted alone, he said. He said they were trying to determine if there was a connection with radical Islam.

"We do have suggestions that the individual may have leanings toward that particular ideology," Hopper said.

Reactions: JamesD7
Wow...terrible tragedy. Apparently at least 20 killed/45 injured in mass execution. You guys thinking terrorist plot or anti-homosexual agenda? Regardless...condolences to the families of the victims. Its been hard for me to consider starting a family with the regularity of such events. This world seems to be in a dark place. God bless...

Looks like it was both terrorism and anti-homosexual (considering the radical Muslim news)

I honestly can't imagine wanting to have kids in this society. It's almost selfish.

maybe libs will stop defending the evil religion now that they have attacked one of their protected classes

Actually most libs will blame the guns and fine outstanding folks like yourself will correct them and say if everyone in bars had a gun the world would be safer. Besides, this guy could have just over powered them all with a knife anyways. amirite?

Oh, your religion is just as made up as the others. Don't forget to thank the magical sky wizard before you have dinner today

Actually most libs will blame the guns and fine outstanding folks like yourself will correct them and say if everyone in bars had a gun the world would be safer. Besides, this guy could have just over powered them all with a knife anyways. amirite?

Oh, your religion is just as made up as the others. Don't forget to thank the magical sky wizard before you have dinner today

Lefties will sceam about guns and bigotry.
Rightists will scream about terrorism.

And the beat will go on and on.....

I have no problem with your view on religion in general, but no other religion that I'm aware of has a radical aspect that focuses specifically on terror/murder. I would think that's where most people have an issue..not whether who's God is right.

The poster you quoted didn't mention his religion. You're angry.

How do you know he isn't atheist?

And the shooter is allegedly IDed as Omar Sadechi (sp?) Mateen. Mateen is U.S. citizen from Port Saint Lucie, FL. His parents are from Afghanistan. He was born 1986.

You're really going to play that game? Just so that you can get some right-wing response that you can then pounce on?
I promise I will not reply. I am just curious what he and you mean. I am a bit older than most people on this board and do not engage in nasty banter. If you can't say then that is OK too.

And the shooter is allegedly IDed as Omar Sadechi (sp?) Mateen. Mateen is U.S. citizen from Port Saint Lucie, FL. His parents are from Afghanistan. He was born 1986.

And apparently did not have a criminal record and was not on a terrorism watch list

Correction, apparently he was investigated at one time

Last edited:
Reactions: Grizzly86
And apparently did not have a criminal record and was not on a terrorism watch list
That's surprising as the FBI said that he had some previous connection to terrorism or more so terroristic type threats. I would have thought that would be enough to get him on the list.

That's surprising as the FBI said that he had some previous connection to terrorism or more so terroristic type threats. I would have thought that would be enough to get you on the list.

Could be incorrect, I got that info from a BBC report. It's still early, so I'm sure all the details will come out soon

CNN just updated to 50 dead and 53 injured, unbelieveable

Last edited:
Wow this thread went from 0 to fvck you pretty quickly. Thoughts and prayers with the victims and their families.
Just because politics are mentioned, it doesn't mean that there is no sympathy for the INNOCENT victims in ANOTHER senseless massacre. I am sickened and disgusted by any tragic loss of life! Prayers for all families and loved ones involved!

Just because politics are mentioned, it doesn't mean that there is no sympathy for the INNOCENT victims in ANOTHER senseless massacre. I am sickened and disgusted by any tragic loss of life! Prayers for all families and loved ones involved!
I recognize that. I'm just of the school of thought that we should wait for the bodies to be counted before grandstanding.

Yea, those prayers really help and heal, don't they? I'm sure Facebook is littered with "pray for Orlando" bs.

I recognize that. I'm just of the school of thought that we should wait for the bodies to be counted before grandstanding.
You and I have a different definition of grandstanding

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT