ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone watching Christine Blasey Ford?

All you guys should be aware that at any time any woman can fabricate any story, with no proof, and ruin your life.

@amynhop I'm Curious...is your take while watching her that she seems like a liar? With what she's gone through and will continue to go through for the foreseeable future, it seems like a whole lot to give up just to tarnish a man nominated for the supreme court. I'm down the middle politically, so I have no stake in this. My personal opinion as an attorney with some training and experience with witnesses, is that she's held up well so far and seems credible.

Last edited:
All you guys should be aware that at any time any woman can fabricate any story, with no proof, and ruin your life.
If you claim that you’ve been the victim of sexual assault, your life will never be the same again. Mainly because of posts like this. Just ask Juanita Broaddrick.

Seems like a great motivation to make false accusations.

Agree 100% Amy. It's so tragic that we've devolved to this point as a nation. Many good people and families have been decimated because of false accusations.

An unintended outcome is the outrage from many when things actually do happen and the offended person does not get the deserved response.

Reactions: amynhop
Agree 100% Amy. It's so tragic that we've devolved to this point as a nation. Many good people and families have been decimated because of false accusations.

An unintended outcome is the outrage from many when things actually do happen and the offended person does not get the deserved response.
No they haven’t. A shit ton more women have been raped/sexually assaulted without the man facing any consequences vs the amount of false accusations.

You can bet she’s being paying handsomely for this.

When she said she was a UNC grad, that’s all I needed to hear. They found most liberal person they could to lead this circus.

It rarely if ever happens.

It happens a lot more than you realize. If you want to see this issue addressed in our nation, @OrangeRegalia , you'll see to see all the realities at work here.

You can start by reading this piece in The Atlantic. It cuts right down the middle.

https://www.theatlantic.com/educati...rtable-truth-about-campus-rape-policy/538974/

On a personal level, I know a man who was accused of sexual assault and he was put in jail, lost his business, lost his friends, put in the paper and on the news as a sexual assaulter and this went on for 2 years. Recently, an investigation and subsequent court case found that he did nothing and the charges were falsely levied against him. So he's a free man now but there's no retraction in the paper. His business has largely been destroyed and people look at him differently now. The damage is done. That isn't right and we need to figure out a better way to handle these things.

Reactions: C-TeamHOF
Interesting how the third accuser (who seems like a serious nutcase) cleared up "tens of thousands" of foreclosure problems mysteriously.

You can bet she’s being paying handsomely for this.

When she said she was a UNC grad, that’s all I needed to hear. They found most liberal person they could to lead this circus.

images

Were all his accusers fabricating rape? Was it just a few? Just curious, does one false accuser mean the others didn't happen? Does five false accusations lessen the damage done? Does ten false accusations outweigh one actual crime committed? Is the damage done to his character/reputation of greater concern than the crime he committed?

Just trying to determine where we draw the line.

Last edited:
Yeah this is true. For example, it would be really easy for a woman to come on a message board and claim she’d been sexually assaulted.

Reactions: ClemTiger9
No I’m just not stupid to think it happens all the time. The amount of sexual assaults that actually happen vs the amount of false accusations isn’t even a contest.

I would imagine you are correct in this statement. But don't we talk about the need for prison reform because many believe (myself among them) that there are black men in jail who shouldn't be there? Don't we say that one person in jail who shouldn't be is too much? Shouldn't this also apply to BOTH sides of the sexual assault issue? Right now, it's coming across as more of a revenge play than anything else. Is that what we want?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT