ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chick in Anderson on meth

When it's my own kid, yes.

Is it logical - probably not. I don't really give a ****. I've seen what meth can do.
Fair enough. These types of comments just surprise me from time to time, as most people on this board seem to be really big on personal responsibility, especially when it comes to social issues. Regardless, I respect you sticking to your guns, so to speak.

everyone of those cities ...everyone .... if you walked as far as I did while in Singapore you wouldve end up in some shady areas.

If you ever get the opportunity to go, jump at it
If you feel unsafe in New York you might have a paranoia problem.

The damned Government is involved. Multiple levels of Government are involved. And like most things the Government touches, it doesn't work, costs go up with corruption, moronic, greedy and criminal Politicians get involved making matters worse.

If states got smart, they'd have police deputizing citizens on the low low(undercover) who had a real interest in taking their community (s) back. This was what used to happen to an extent....even when you were young...and I. JMO.
That sounds like a great idea. A secret group of citizens with police power. You are correct that this strategy was utilized occasionally in the 60's in the South. The one case in particular that it brings to mind is the Orangeburg Massacre. Most of the violence and bloodshed was caused by "deputized" citizens.

Reactions: TigerDutch
Fair enough. These types of comments just surprise me from time to time, as most people on this board seem to be really big on personal responsibility, especially when it comes to social issues. Regardless, I respect you sticking to your guns, so to speak.

The problem with the "personal responsibility" thing is that my kid is a minor (currently 7, though I am thinking later on as well). Therefore he is my responsibility. If he is 27 then that's a different argument.

I will freely admit that if I do my job as a father right, my (admittedly likely hyperbole) response will be unnecessary.

Reactions: Grumplin
I went to Dr care last year on monday and the doctor wrote me a percocet prescription. I went to my regular doctor the next day and he wrote me another one. So I ended up with a shitton of high quality zpercs.

I got to where after the pain was gone I was popping percs to go to bed. Ended up flushing them before I ended up a drug addict......orr before I ended up blowing folks for pills or pulling my eyes out

Not sure if the story is true but I have witness a few people throw everything away (nice home,marriage,children ,great job ,new car,) over this shit. This stuff is the worst drug I have witness in my 60 years living and I was no saint growing up. The government has got to do something to stop the manufacturing of it...

Yeah, good luck with that.

It's amazing that some of you actually think nurses and doctors don't make fun of their patients. That is delusional. I have been in the field for years and it's extremely common. Some are so bold as to do it to their faces.

My opinion, I couldn't care less what this chick does as long as she doesn't hurt anyone. Addiction is nothing but weakness @CUJC803. Addicts are the lowest of the low. Well besides obese people, murderers and rapists.

It's amazing that some of you actually think nurses and doctors don't make fun of their patients. That is delusional. I have been in the field for years and it's extremely common. Some are so bold as to do it to their faces.

My opinion, I couldn't care less what this chick does as long as she doesn't hurt anyone. Addiction is nothing but weakness @CUJC803. Addicts are the lowest of the low. Well besides obese people, murderers and rapists.
Wow. Worked in the health care field for years and never felt that way about addicts. But saw plenty of people who were burned out and needed to walk away.

I think I see another.

Some ignorant, naive people as to the daily battles of addiction in this thread. When I know zero about a particular subject....I keep my mouth shut. Would behoove some of you to do the same.

Says the woman posting on a football message board.

Wow. Worked in the health care field for years and never felt that way about addicts. But saw plenty of people who were burned out and needed to walk away.

I think I see another.

Nah. I love what I do. Not even close to burned out. That was mild exaggeration on the addicts. Just hate seeing them come to the ER for "treatment" looking for a fix. In reality, they are doing nothing but eating tax payer money and are a drain on ER resources resulting in longer waits for people that really need to be in the ER. Addiction is definitely a weakness though. I don't feel bad for them in any way. I feel for their families though.

Last edited:
Nah. I love what I do. Not even close to burned out. That was mild exaggeration on the addicts. Just hate seeing them come to the ER for "treatment" looking for a fix. In reality, they are doing nothing but eating tax payer money and are a drain on ER resources resulting in longer waits for people need to be in the ER. Addiction is definitely a weakness though. I don't feel bad for them in any way. I feel for their families though.
Then get out of the ER. You signed up for it and get paid well to decipher it all.

Go work in a nursing home or actually manage patients.

Reactions: scartiger
Then get out of the ER. You signed up for it and get paid well to decipher it all.

Go work in a nursing home or actually manage patients.
Uhhhh...not sure where I said I didn't do my job and do it well. If I didn't, I wouldn't have a job. Doesn't mean I have to like/respect every person I treat. Show me someone that says they do like or respect all of their patients and I'll show you someone that is completely full of shit.

Reactions: Gruntmaster
I encourage you to watch "Heroin Triangle" on A&E. It's about the heroin (and meth and crack) epidemic in the triangle that includes many affluent, suburban cities in north Atlanta. These are the "it could never happen here" places that these drugs have run rampant through in the last 3+ years.
thumbnail_The%20New%20Triangle_1487982199724_8687509_ver1.0.jpg
Seems like I see something dang near daily about yet another meth bust somewhere in the suburbs of Atlanta. It's a real problem here. And everywhere, I reckon.

Uhhhh...not sure where I said I didn't do my job and do it well. If I didn't, I wouldn't have a job. Doesn't mean I have to like/respect every person I treat. Show me someone that says they do like or respect all of their patients and I'll show you someone that is completely full of shit.
Never said you did not do your job well. But, if you signed up to work in the ER...what the F did you expect? Little old ladies in car accidents?

Like listening to public school teachers bitch about their students with bad parents. You took the job knowing what it would be. I mean, it's not necessarily a secret. And, you get paid to do so.

Never said you did not do your job well. But, if you signed up to work in the ER...what the F did you expect? Little old ladies in car accidents?

Like listening to public school teachers bitch about their students with bad parents. You took the job knowing what it would be. I mean, it's not necessarily a secret. And, you get paid to do so.

I'm not even sure what you are arguing. I agree with everything you said. Of course I expected it. Doesn't mean I like it. All jobs have parts we don't like. Just like I don't like people using the ER as their primary doctor. I just feel the good outweighs the bad, so I still do it. When I don't feel that way, I'll leave the ER.

I'm not even sure what you are arguing. I agree with everything you said. Of course I expected it. Doesn't mean I like it. All jobs have parts we don't like. Just like I don't like people using the ER as their primary doctor. I just feel the good outweighs the bad, so I still do it. When I don't feel that way, I'll leave the ER.
No worries. Just get tired of people bitching about their jobs. You signed up for it, then do it. Or, figure out how to fix it, or leave.

Most of y'all have it damn good.

Reactions: Ron Munson
Says the woman posting on a football message board.

I know a helluva lot about football. You think I been paying in this site for 10 plus years and don’t know jack about football??? I don’t think so big guy.

Oh come on Amy. No one, not even the immature poster in question thinks this is funny. It’s beyond sad. But sometimes we have to laugh at this cruel world to keep from crying.

There are times when what you say might be appropriate but certainly not here....that's a cop out....Would you make jokes and laugh at the cruel world if it was your child that was an addict ? Would you make jokes if your best friend's kid or maybe your brothers kid shot themselves?

I went to Dr care last year on monday and the doctor wrote me a percocet prescription. I went to my regular doctor the next day and he wrote me another one. So I ended up with a shitton of high quality zpercs.

I got to where after the pain was gone I was popping percs to go to bed. Ended up flushing them before I ended up a drug addict......orr before I ended up blowing folks for pills or pulling my eyes out

After my ankle surgery following my stadium jumping incident years ago, the hospital gave me oxy post surgery. After the first 2 days my dad took it and disposed of it once he’d talked to my doctor to get something weaker.

At the time, I didn’t understand why he was doing it. Years later when a distant cousin of mine struggle through an oxy addiction and rehab I understood.

You must do a pretty good job of avoiding teachers then.
Lol. I referenced teachers in that post. ER docs and public school teachers are quite close in the bitching about jobs you signed up for department.

Again, what the hell did you think you would get when you likely told your boss you want to "make a difference." Lol

I think I see another.
If I remember correctly, this guy was recently posting on the MB that he would gladly watch a repeat overdose victim die without helping. I think he also suggested that a medical worker should have suffocated an elderly woman that was unnecessarily requesting in-home service to change her oxygen tanks. So you are probably on target with this assessment, unless I am mistaken. @PlayTimesOver

Lol. I referenced teachers in that post. ER docs and public school teachers are quite close in the bitching about jobs you signed up for department.

Again, what the hell did you think you would get when you likely told your boss you want to "make a difference." Lol

Exactly. There are certain professions that can bitch to a degree, because you didnt know exactly what you would be getting in to. However teachers, cops, doctors, nurses, etc. however much shit you have to put up with, have no reason to bitch, because they knew exactly what they would be getting in to and a very good idea of their income.

If I remember correctly, this guy was recently posting on the MB that he would gladly watch a repeat overdose victim die without helping. I think he also suggested that a medical worker should have suffocated an elderly woman that was unnecessarily requesting in-home service to change her oxygen tanks. So you are probably on target with this assessment, unless I am mistaken. @PlayTimesOver

Haha. You notice the word repeat right? And I will still treat them, but I could watch them die. I was also kidding about the old lady. But let me know when a family member has a heart attack or a stroke and there is a 20-30 minute wait for an ambulance because people abuse and stress the system. Bunch of sensitive Sallys in here.

If so. Then no words. That's not a medical professional, that's just an asshole.

Who on here said nurses and doctors never do that. ...there are deficiencies and unprofessional people in every profession. They certainly should never do that and because there are disrespectful doctors and nurses that exist does not become an excuse for others. As you know as well, in todays climate if this patient came to you in the ER after ripping her eyes out and you joked about it, you could lose your job. Disrespectful and disruptive physicians are disciplined these days

Wow at the second paragraph and hard to believe you enjoy being an ER physician with the blatant disrespect you have for many you treat

Who on here said nurses and doctors never do that. ...there are deficiencies and unprofessional people in every profession. They certainly should never do that and because there are disrespectful doctors and nurses that exist does not become an excuse for others. As you know as well, in todays climate if this patient came to you in the ER after ripping her eyes out and you joked about it, you could lose your job. Disrespectful and disruptive physicians are disciplined these days

Wow at the second paragraph and hard to believe you enjoy being an ER physician with the blatant disrespect you have for many you treat

I'm not a physician. But I would laugh at the chick with the lack of eyeballs. At home of course, so I don't lose my job.

I'm not a physician. But I would laugh at the chick with the lack of eyeballs. At home of course, so I don't lose my job.

Thank god your not a physician and if your serious you do not belong in any patient care capacity. Personally hope you are trolling. If not I am sure you would never let your directors/supervisors read your posts as you would be gone from the ER.

Making fun of patients isn't the problem. I think anyone that has worked in the environment you work in learns to cope with the stress through humor. People should make more jokes about sensitive topics IMO. I don't have any patience for political correctness, trigger warnings, or the like. That being said, some of your comments go beyond what is appropriate for a health care worker. It shows a callous indifference to human suffering and a lack of compassion. This is not the same as just making jokes. I think it would benefit you to impartially reflect on that.

Reactions: TigerDutch
H2pFAfo.png

Anyone who has suffered with a loved one from addiction will relate to the sheer truth in these mighty powerful words. So those of you who have no compassion/ sympathy for the addict.... how about the rest of us hard working family members who love them and are trapped in a living daily hell on earth? Not knowing if they will make it through the day or will be another tragic overdose news story?

The clean, innocent, sober family members/ friends do the majority of the suffering because the addict doesn't give a shit. They can't be rationalized nor reasoned with. Addiction affects far more than just the "loser" addict as some of you so nonchalantly refer to them. Addiction can bring heartache and misery to any family. Rich or poor.

The hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime I read this " poem". Because I have suffered and lived through it and survived it. And I've often used this board as an escape to get away from it......

I will pray for the poor family and the girl who inflicted such harm upon herself under the influence of drugs. They are all the latest tragic victimS ( yes, victims with an S ) of the drug epidemic.

H2pFAfo.png

Anyone who has suffered with a loved one from addiction will relate to the sheer truth in these mighty powerful words. So those of you who have no compassion/ sympathy for the addict.... how about the rest of us hard working family members who love them and are trapped in a living daily hell on earth? Not knowing if they will make it through the day or will be another tragic overdose news story?

The clean, innocent, sober family members/ friends do the majority of the suffering because the addict doesn't give a shit. They can't be rationalized nor reasoned with. Addiction affects far more than just the "loser" addict as some of you so nonchalantly refer to them. Addiction can bring heartache and misery to any family. Rich or poor.

The hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime I read this " poem". Because I have suffered and lived through it and survived it. And I've often used this board as an escape to get away from it......

I will pray for the poor family and the girl who inflicted such harm upon herself under the influence of drugs. They are all the latest tragic victimS ( yes, victims with an S ) of the drug epidemic.
Hope they lock that criminal up after she gets out the hospital. Can't feel sorry for criminals. What next pedophiles have an addiction problem and they are the victims?

Really don't understand why a topic so very important gets kicked to the damn RT but we can discuss fvcking pit bulls for days......... Go figure.

Reactions: Grumplin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT