ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Classic Jeep restoration

yemassee

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2012
Anyone know of someone who does good, affordable work? I have a CJ7 that I need to get fixed up.

Thanks in advance.

ooof good luck. not many mechanics out there that know how to tune a carb anymore

Reactions: yemassee
hDA15D372

tenor.gif
jeepCrash.gif

Reactions: tiger orange
Cool project.
I know several, can you give me an idea what direction you are wanting to go?
If you want to make it 100% concourse original down to axle paint daubs and such I know 1 guy who is among the best Jeep guys in the world and in NC.
If you want to update the drivetrain, add some modern amenities and fix some rust and paint I know 2 or 3 great guys who have done resto work for me.

Im a recovered Jeep addict. We only have 1 now have had over 60.
Currently on a K5 kick...4 K5 projects on going concurrently...

Anyone know of someone who does good, affordable work? I have a CJ7 that I need to get fixed up.

Thanks in advance.

I have a friend who has been restoring/building custom jeeps since the cj's first came out in 1976. You should see his work. pm me if you are interested in his contact info.

He will be the most affordable you will find, he has a passion for jeep's.

What exactly do you want done and what is your timeline? I am currently doing a CJ8 for somebody that I hope to have finished by the fall.

H&H Truck & Jeep Repair LLC
207 Wall Rd, Boiling Springs, SC
ask for Vince

Cool project.
If you want to make it 100% concourse original down to axle paint daubs and such I know 1 guy who is among the best Jeep guys in the world and in NC.
If you want to update the drivetrain, add some modern amenities and fix some rust and paint I know 2 or 3 great guys who have done resto work for me.

My wife has me on Jeep restriction at the moment. Unless it is a late 50’s Willy’s Wagon. That’s what she wants our next one to be. I want to do a late 80’s Wagoneer.

My wife has me on Jeep restriction at the moment. Unless it is a late 50’s Willy’s Wagon. That’s what she wants our next one to be. I want to do a late 80’s Wagoneer.
Buddy just picked up one of my bucket list cars a couple weeks ago.

84CJ8 Alaskan Postal. RHD and Factory Hard Top

Cool project.

I don't think I can swing a full restoration, but would like to get it where I could drive it on the road, and also would like to get it painted with the original renegade stickers.

Not exactly sure how to post pics from an iPhone...
Just trying to get it running well, and would like to get a paint job/minor body work. It has not been cranked in awhile, but it is usually pretty resilient after sitting....just clean the spark plugs and put some gas in the carburetor and it will normally fire right up.

Cool project.

Are the restoration guys local to York or vicinity?

My mom has a CJ7 (1979) that my dad purchased new in 1978. Probably has around 100k miles on it and has been in an old barn (covered) for the last 10 years or so. It’s never been wrecked and in decent shape for a 40 year old vehicle, but my brothers and I had a great time with it when we were younger. Is it worth anything?

My mom has a CJ7 (1979) that my dad purchased new in 1978. Probably has around 100k miles on it and has been in an old barn (covered) for the last 10 years or so. It’s never been wrecked and in decent shape for a 40 year old vehicle, but my brothers and I had a great time with it when we were younger. Is it worth anything?
Yep.

want an offer...lol
yes
If its rust free and complete its worth at least ~5k to the right buyer or 3k in 2 hours.

Correct options and conditions those numbers could jump, quick.

Reactions: yemassee and Dackel
want an offer...lol
yes
If its rust free and complete its worth at least ~5k to the right buyer or 3k in 2 hours.

Correct options and conditions those numbers could jump, quick.
I’ll ck. It has soft sides and I’d assume everything you could get on a CJ7 back then. Little or no rust.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT