ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cliven Bundy has some advice for some of you...

iceheart08

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
if you support cliven bundy, you are an idiot...

Now, he's got some advice for some of our "negro" friends.

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, "and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids - and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch - they didn't have nothing to do. They didn't have nothing for their kids to do. They didn't have nothing for their young girls to do.
"And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" he asked. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

Iceheart... you related?
lurk.r191677.gif

Big surprise here. I really thought he was just an honest, god fearing man with nothing but love in his heart...

might should have run those comments past his PR guy beforehand.

He'll lose any support he's had, and will also not have many sympathizers the next time the Feds come calling. There will be the hard-core Fed-haters on his side, but they will fail.

He has a point. Most will just see it as racist and ignore it. It is how we are conditioned.

He is my favorite American after Mike Rowe. maybe another Waco or Ruby Ridge.

Just curious , where and when did he say that and where did you find it ??

Issue of Federal vs. State land in the West going to heat up....Cliven Bundy is an uneducated / racist cowboy, but that should not change the issue. I have no use for him on a personal level.

I suggest no matter what happens that they leave the land alone for 50 years so Harry Reid can't build his solar plant there and roast the desert tortoises.

As others have stated, he has a point and it's definitely a different but probably more accurate way to look at the situation.

Now, you're the idiot if you think that because I agree or support someone based upon one issue that I can't disagree or disapprove of what they do or say on a completely different and unrelated issue.

Bundy has some legal and PR issues for sure.

But the Feds ridiculously heavy-handed and poorly thought out actions against him via Bureau of Land Management were worse yet.

Now take Al Bundy. That is my hero.

Originally posted by StSimonsIslandTiger:
Bundy has some legal and PR issues for sure.

But the Feds ridiculously heavy-handed and poorly thought out actions against him via Bureau of Land Management were worse yet.

Now take Al Bundy. That is my hero.
*This*

red herring
ad hominem
ad hominem abusive
poisoning the well

do you only think in fallacy?

IMHO, Kettle meet Pot.

So let me get this straight.

He's bitching about "the negro" being subsidized by the Feds? Really?

This rancher and his whole family have been sponging off the federal government for generations. He doesn't own the land his cattle graze on, the US Government does. He refuses to pay for the grazing rights that he uses and his family has used for years.

Now don't get me wrong, I have zero problem with him using our lands for his cattle. If you need to save a Turtle, box them up and put them somewhere safe from the cattle. But not paying for using other folk's resources is the very definition of sponging off the government.

Originally posted by Transference:

Not sure how one would go about doing that...
sure you are.

he was trying to say poors were better off busting their ass than sitting on it. his racism just got in the way

Originally posted by TouchDown!Tigers!:
Originally posted by Transference:

Not sure how one would go about doing that...
sure you are.

he was trying to say poors were better off busting their ass than sitting on it. his racism just got in the way
I'm pretty sure he was saying black people were better off with the structure that slavery provided, but I guess it is open for interpretation...

Least you forget the federal government is the biggest sponge around. They do less with more than anyone on p!anet earth.

Interesting. First and foremost as slaves were considered property it was uncommon for a family to be torn apart. The family who's subsidized house he drove past seemed to be together from his description. Abortion, welfare, broken homes and incarceration is also not just a problem in black communities. More freedom with slavery than as a free man. It's not as much racist as ridiculous. I mean whoever really wanted to read a book or go somewhere without having to get someones permission first?

It never ceases to amaze me how many racist conservative Neanderthals populate this board.

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage:
red herring
ad hominem
ad hominem abusive
poisoning the well

do you only think in fallacy?
bump

like trading tiger said, those comments have nothing with do with the BLM issue

Originally posted by monk3ys33:
Least you forget the federal government is the biggest sponge around. They do less with more than anyone on p!anet earth.
You win the freakin internet. Blows my mind how people don't see that the government doesn't give anybody anything without first taking it from someone else and then skimming a cut for themselves. The larger the government the more waste, fraud, and less money the people keep

Originally posted by hospick:
It never ceases to amaze me how many racist conservative Neanderthals populate this board.
Who is the racist? The man who chooses the wrong word or the man who enslaves 90% of a race of people with a gov't allowance that ensures their future will be hopeless?

So much wrong with this statement it is too much to type. Many problems from what he said and that many of you believe that is true. Many of you need more FRIENDS that have melanin in their skin. Not just the people that work with you. If they have never been to your house or to church with you or vice versa then you are not FRIENDS.

XCUDB

Private industry adds value and creates wealth. People act in the system voluntarily and as they choose.

Government does not create wealth, just skims and taxes aways its share. Much more waste and inefficiency for any government action or agency compared to its private counterpart.

And please explain how that differs from the private sector? Help me here.
effeciency and accountability. cant really dick around in the private sector, you know, with competition and all

for example, you ever been to the dmv?

Originally posted by XCUDB:

So much wrong with this statement it is too much to type. Many problems from what he said and that many of you believe that is true. Many of you need more FRIENDS that have melanin in their skin. Not just the people that work with you. If they have never been to your house or to church with you or vice versa then you are not FRIENDS.

XCUDB
hes wrong about race being the issue. the issue is poverty

Originally posted by orangelvis:

Who is the racist? The man who chooses the wrong word or the man who enslaves 90% of a race of people with a gov't allowance that ensures their future will be hopeless?
I am going to go with the guy who thinks 90% of black people are on government assistance...

Originally posted by XCUDB:

XCUDB
Assuming you are responding to my post. I have had "friends with melanin" since I was 5 years old. Fortunately for them, they refused to go along with the rhetoric of Jessie Jackson and others like him who profit from keeping the rest of their "melanin brothers" enslaved to the democrat party. One of my "friends with melanin" retired from the postal service. He passed away a couple of years ago , but went to Clemson games with me the year before he died. His sons call me from time to time to let me know how they are doing. Another, is a pastor. I don't attend his church, but we work together on community projects. I could go on, but pretend that someone is a racist just because they don't agree with the travesty that is, and has been, the social welfare system; particularly, since LBJ's "great Society". There are plenty, (probably more) of melanin challenged people that have been sucked into this hole as well. It's just that as a minority, "people of melanin" have been tromped on by this system.

remember the pictures out of new orleans

all those govt subsidizied humans didnt know what to do

they just sat on their porch waiting on the govt to rescue them

Elvis, Typical response from a closet racist is that they are friends with a person of color. You need to do better than that to discuss this with me.

Elvis, Typical response from a closet racist is that they are friends with a person of color. You need to do better than that to discuss this with me.
Well then, I'll just declare you a closet racist. I can play this game as well. You racist. What are you going to say to convince me that you aren't racist? Wow, this is easy!

i think the govt can create wealth

take the blue ridge parkway for example

i believe it was funded by the govt

no real interest in the private sector to build a tourist route thru the mountains

but the economic impact to those communities cant be understated

without the parkway- many of those residents would be relying on the govt for support

im all for the govt controlling a system of balancing full employment and highest possible wages

keep those 2 as efficient as possible would equate to least amount of welfare needed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT