ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Global Warming

Just wondering when we get a tweet about wishing we'd get some of that global warming. We get one pretty regularly in the winter time if it get cold. Bet some folks in Texas and Oklahoma are wishing for fewer greenhouse gasses right about now.

Dude, global hoax by most of the earth’s scientists who have collaborated in secret in an effort to have the liberal/progressive world order control the economy to the detriment of us red-blooded ‘mericans!!!

Dude, global hoax by most of the earth’s scientists who have collaborated in secret in an effort to have the liberal/progressive world order control the economy to the detriment of us red-blooded ‘mericans!!!

You forgot to mention all that Big Science money.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD

and get the useful dupes to smile, march for it, feel righteous enough about it to persecute and belittle deniers, disenfranchise unbelievers, and compel them by force of state to pay the perpetrators of the hoax.

and get the useful dupes to smile, march for it, feel righteous enough about it to persecute and belittle deniers, disenfranchise unbelievers, and compel them by force of state to pay the perpetrators of the hoax.

Yeah!! All of that too! Ain’t nobody gettin’ me to part ways with my F-350 or put them sissy solar panels on my house!

Just wondering when we get a tweet about wishing we'd get some of that global warming. We get one pretty regularly in the winter time if it get cold. Bet some folks in Texas and Oklahoma are wishing for fewer greenhouse gasses right about now.
Global warming has zero to do with your local day to day weather. It will have something to do with where your beach house is in about fifty years...

Reactions: ClemsonGentleman
Temperatures were a good bit hotter during the Roman Empire. I would imagine things are cyclical - USofC told me this. Do humans effect the environment, yes. Should humans care about the environment, yes. Can we control the weather? No. Can we have a long term impact? Yes. Have China to start putting in some reasonable measures and a few others and THEN maybe we can start to have a conversation on making a difference. Until then, we are peeing into the wind.

There's no need to worry about it....we've got twelve years and that's it. Just hush about it and enjoy the time.

Problem is not in Western nations it is the Billions of people in Asia and Africa that want electricity and heat. They will continue to create a lot more greenhouse gas than the West can reduce.

Maybe they should try to contain their growth.

Read a great article that shows 100 renewable electricity will cause a 300% increase in costs. If you doubt take a good look at Germany. Goal should be 60-70% to balance demand and reliability.

OP still believes in the tooth fairy. Hey, OP bet you put your dentures under your pillow every night! Just like a liberal stealing someone else’s money. Just curious...how much do you get?

It has gotten warmer, no doubt about that.

The notion that it is man made and not cyclical is laughable.

Strong El Niño this year. An extra 100 million people living in USA over the last 30 years PLUS building/developing/paving over everything and building in flood prone areas. People wonder why NFIP is broke every year? SMH
t7mkDx7.gif

Reactions: yeti24
Not if the permafrost melts and trillions of cubic feet of methane and carbon monoxide gas are released. Then all bets are off. I think this is called "the tipping point." Might want to read "Wooly."

Ok, so a guy wrote book about a theory of something we can't control.

Tell me again, if we all drive a prius and install solar panels, this will go away right? ;>)~

N---

The fact is that we have no idea if any of that will make any substantial change in the cyclical change of the earth's climate. Stopping fossil fuel usage 100% would be better for air quality and use less of that resource but no one knows if it will impact climate whatsoever. Any correlation thus far is only theory.

Hope you make it at least the next 12 years Tiger1425 so we can both see the enthusiastic climate hoaxers proven wrong.

N---

The fact is that we have no idea if any of that will make any substantial change in the cyclical change of the earth's climate. Stopping fossil fuel usage 100% would be better for air quality and use less of that resource but no one knows if it will impact climate whatsoever. Any correlation thus far is only theory.

Hope you make it at least the next 12 years Tiger1425 so we can both see the enthusiastic climate hoaxers proven wrong.

N---
Well, if comes down to this: If scientist are wrong and we do SOMETHING all we do is waste a lot of money. If scientist are right and we do NOTHING, well, so long earth as we know it. Twelve years probably won't do it. I'm thinking mid century. I will already be cremated, so it can't get too hot for me. I'll be comfy, cozy.

You can be aware of it and take steps to prevent it but you don't have to cripple your economy at the same time

WOW, we don't agree on much, but this is a SOLID post. Obviously, I'm with the science on this one and think that we need to do something as a race to keep from wrecking our home. I think we can do it w/o wrecking our economy. Natural Gas is a decent option right now. Certainly not w/o it's own problems, but far better than crude oil and coal. According to the department of energy, there is enough solar power hitting the Earth every hour to power the planet for a year. It's figuratively raining soup. All we need is to make a bowl to hold it in. IF we subsidize solar and nuclear (for the fusion option) the same way we have fossil fuels, we can get off the fossil train pretty quickly.

There's tons of ways to make and store energy. We can do better than pumping/digging stuff out of the ground and setting it on fire.

Reactions: gcsoccer16
WOW, we don't agree on much, but this is a SOLID post. Obviously, I'm with the science on this one and think that we need to do something as a race to keep from wrecking our home. I think we can do it w/o wrecking our economy. Natural Gas is a decent option right now. Certainly not w/o it's own problems, but far better than crude oil and coal. According to the department of energy, there is enough solar power hitting the Earth every hour to power the planet for a year. It's figuratively raining soup. All we need is to make a bowl to hold it in. IF we subsidize solar and nuclear (for the fusion option) the same way we have fossil fuels, we can get off the fossil train pretty quickly.

There's tons of ways to make and store energy. We can do better than pumping/digging stuff out of the ground and setting it on fire.

The concept is great but the fact is we don’t have the ability to safely, cleanly harvest and store it. The current methods for solar panel construction has its own set of wastes. Batteries used to store and power do also. We are a long way from effectively using these resources but I support the research to develop the tech it not a subsidy that ignores the negatives.

ADVERTISEMENT