ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Halloween. (The movies... recent Halloween Return, Kills, End)

Joe Cobb

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2008
As a 53 year old, I am well versed in the first and original Halloween released back in '78.

And as a horror movie aficionado, I've seen, debated, and made opinions about all the sequels, remakes, reboots etc.

I was extremely thrilled with the 2018 Halloween Returns. While we could easily go down the path of plot holes, opinionated discussion of the movie itself... suffice it to say, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the ready made sequel Halloween Kills.

For a long time I've been a Jamie Lee Curtis fan... as she single handedly originated the "scream queen" title. And if you disagree with that... we can have another thread.

But my intention in this simple thread is this.... (spoiler alert... do not read further if you have not seen Halloween Ends and intend to)

What The Absolute Steaming Pile of CRAP was this movie?

How do you destroy an entire franchise with this pablo picasso puzzle piece of puke?
It's as if they took the script of My Bodyguard and said, hey... let's do this and make Michael Effing Myers play the role of 'Linderman' (who was portrayed by Adam Baldwin)
Or... was this an episode of Gilmore Girls?

My God this was so disappointing.
Tragic almost.

I mean I'd like to say that it was bad because it was scathing... hurtful, or depraved. But, it was bad like a Hallmark Lifetime Movie about William Shatner being mistaken as a bad soccer coach.

It is as if Hamlet was enacted by blind, arthritic monkeys while being narrated by Joe Biden dropping acid.

Watching this movie was like smelling the farts of my 13 year old cairn terrier through a cheesecloth wrapped with chocolate.

So very bad... with subtle hints of what could have been.

WHY?

As a horror fan, I don't encourage you to watch this. I recommend you end with Halloween Kills.

Because watching this movie clearly does END anything I will ever enjoy about this franchise

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News