ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I want to work in government in SF!

960x0.jpg

And they want to tell everyone else across the country how they should live their lives.

not necessarily agreeing with it, but it takes that to pay for the outrageous housing out here.

The outgoing fire chief's pension is $311k/yr.

I agree that $100k isn't egregious; however, some of those salaries are far above that.

It says a lot they run at a $1.5B deficit even with those high taxes. No doubt the monthly property taxes on a house near the size of mine is more than my mortgage and escrow combined.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
good thing the maga idiots read the article.

THOSE DAMN LEFTIST POLICE AND SHERRIFS!

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you implying the Sherrif and police are trump supporters making large govt salaries?
He probably has no clue either. He just wanted to get Maga and idiots in the same sentence. He’s one of the lefty’s that has no defense for one of their lefty social utopias paying outrageous government salaries and he knows most right thinking people support the police. He tries way too hard most of the time and still fails.

I agree that $100k isn't egregious; however, some of those salaries are far above that.

It says a lot they run at a $1.5B deficit even with those high taxes. No doubt the monthly property taxes on a house near the size of mine is more than my mortgage and escrow combined.
That pension is stupid high. They could move to the south and live like kings but we don’t want them lol.

Do you realize that most city and county workers, even those earning north of $100K/yr have to live in the far suburbs? The cost of housing is extraordinary in the entire Bay Area. San Jose is nearly as bad. Anything around Stanford is worse.

People want to blame leftists for SF’s problems. It is actually filled with the wealthiest capitalists on earth. Hence, the cost of housing has priced a lot of people out of being able to afford a home. And, if you have never been there, there is really no room to add more housing. So the homeless problem is exacerbated. I lived and worked in San Diego in the late 1980s and early 1990s, when San Diego was a solid Republican town. Guess what? The homeless problem was severe. Why? Because it sure is better to be homeless in San Diego than Buffalo. So there were a lot of one-way Greyhound tickets sold. Same is true for SF.

Do you realize that most city and county workers, even those earning north of $100K/yr have to live in the far suburbs? The cost of housing is extraordinary in the entire Bay Area. San Jose is nearly as bad. Anything around Stanford is worse.

People want to blame leftists for SF’s problems. It is actually filled with the wealthiest capitalists on earth. Hence, the cost of housing has priced a lot of people out of being able to afford a home. And, if you have never been there, there is really no room to add more housing. So the homeless problem is exacerbated. I lived and worked in San Diego in the late 1980s and early 1990s, when San Diego was a solid Republican town. Guess what? The homeless problem was severe. Why? Because it sure is better to be homeless in San Diego than Buffalo. So there were a lot of one-way Greyhound tickets sold. Same is true for SF.

San Fran isn't a hotspot for the homeless due to weather. Same goes for Seattle and Portland. San Fran has a drug crisis, not a homeless crisis.

I agree that $100k isn't much there, but the city running a $1.5B deficit with those taxes is ludicrous.

Most of the wealthiest capitalists in this world are liberals. Especially the super wealthy. They don’t pay taxes on income like most all conservatives. Their wealth doesn’t come from a salary but from owning the company. They pay capital gains so they do care if the income tax is raised.

If you guys are so upset you should take rifles, drive all the way to a different state and defend it from uh, rioters.

yea the pension programs across many states are going to have to be reformed

taxpayers should not be paying for pensions for govt employees

govt employees should get the same social security benefits that private citizens get

private citizens should not pay for govt employees to live in the upper class

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT