ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Last week protestors wrote graffiti .....

tigerGUY

Woodrush
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2001
Wherever my RV is parked(formerly Abbeville, SC)
on a WWII Memorial. Last night they toppled a Christopher Columbus statue in Baltimore. This isn't anything about Social fvcking injustices. This is ALLOWING punks and vermin to make a mockery of our societal norms of right and wrong.

The Sheriff in Clay County Florida might have something with his idea of deputizing all gun Owners and putting them on the streets. If having a thousand gun Owners line the streets with guns prevents the destruction of public and private property, then go for it.

Is there a leader to this shit? Because they sure as hell haven't a clue how to affect anything close to positive change. Quite the opposite. With the bullshit and violence and destruction continuing to mount, there are people in this country beginning to add up the costs associated with these "protestors". Some people that are starting to add up the costs may think the expense is too much.

Last edited:
on a WWII Memorial. Last night they toppled a Christopher Columbus statue in Baltimore. This isn't anything about Social fvcking injustices. This is ALLOWING punks and vermin to make a mockery of our societal norms of right and wrong.

The Sheriff in Clay County Florida might have something with his idea of deputizing all gun Owners and putting them on the streets. If having a thousand gun Owners line the streets with guns prevents the destruction of public and private property, then go for it.

Is there a leader to this shit? Because they sure as hell haven't a clue how to affect anything close to positive change. Quite the opposite. With the bullshit and violence and destruction continuing to mount, there are people in this country beginning to add up the costs associated with these "protestors". Some people are starting to add up the costs may think the expense is too much.
What about the protestors that tore down the statues of an old leader (forget his name...non civil war though) up north?? Would they be considered thugs and scum in your opinion?

Is there a leader to this shit? Because they sure as hell haven't a clue how to affect anything close to positive change. Quite the opposite. With the bullshit and violence and destruction continuing to mount, there are people in this country beginning to add up the costs associated with these "protestors". Some people are starting to add up the costs may think the expense is too much.

I’ve thought for a long time that we should have a Volunteer First Responder program, with the goal being people who are taught and certified in first aid, emergency medical, firearm handling/CWP, fire response and training to streamline communication with police/fire/ambulance.

Reactions: CUfan1971

So you are advocating vigilantes to shoot people on the streets of America? And you think that is a healthy response to vandalism? If you start shooting at people, do others have a right to start shooting back at you?

It's anarchy has been and always will be. Until they are charged with terrorism and put behind bars for a very long time it will continue. It's kids or young adults that come out late at night while 99% of people are sleeping because they have work and responsibilities the next day

So you are advocating vigilantes to shoot people on the streets of America? And you think that is a healthy response to vandalism? If you start shooting at people, do others have a right to start shooting back at you?

Let me get this straight....you're saying that store owners should NOT be allowed to protect their property using force? You're saying to these people "tough shit...walk away and give up what you've put your life into?"

It's your belief that Americans destroying public and private property shouldn't be confronted by Americans that aren't fvcking OK with it? Give them a pass?

Pretty incredible how much attitudes of right and wrong has changed in America. SMFH

Let me get this straight....you're saying that store owners should NOT be allowed to protect their property using force? You're saying to these people "tough shit...walk away and give up what you've put your life into?"

It's your belief that Americans destroying public and private property shouldn't be confronted by Americans that aren't fvcking OK with it? Give them a pass?

Pretty incredible how much attitudes of right and wrong has changed in America. SMFH
He was responding to someone who said we should have volunteers ala fire departments showing up with guns. Totally different than protecting your own property

I’ve thought for a long time that we should have a Volunteer First Responder program, with the goal being people who are taught and certified in first aid, emergency medical, firearm handling/CWP, fire response and training to streamline communication with police/fire/ambulance.
I like the thought process but if we have cops that can’t get it right, what makes you think volunteers with infinitely less training will do better. The lawyers are lining up.

Reactions: scott in nashville
I like the thought process but if we have cops that can’t get it right, what makes you think volunteers with infinitely less training will do better. The lawyers are lining up.

I think the more well trained people that you have on the street who are able to help in a crisis, the better. Your average CWP holder has very minimal actual training and is already very effective in society when present during a crisis, but the training level is simply to be able to carry at all.

A VFR program could set a high bar for exactly the level of training involved to become a part of the program in the first place as well as annual re-certification requirements. It would generally be considered a form of community service.

What about the protestors that tore down the statues of an old leader (forget his name...non civil war though) up north?? Would they be considered thugs and scum in your opinion?
Its public property. Tax dollars pay for the monuments (sometimes) and the maintenance. They absolutely should be arrested and forced to reimburse the taxpayers for the damage, the expenses to the police department and all court cost.

What do you think would happen if someone went to Richmond and spray painted the Arthur Ashe statue? Or destroyed an MLK monument anywhere in the South? You know it'd be all on CNN and the talking heads would be beating their fists about hate crime charges.

Its public property. Tax dollars pay for the monuments (sometimes) and the maintenance. They absolutely should be arrested and forced to reimburse the taxpayers for the damage, the expenses to the police department and all court cost.

What do you think would happen if someone went to Richmond and spray painted the Arthur Ashe statue? Or destroyed an MLK monument anywhere in the South? You know it'd be all on CNN and the talking heads would be beating their fists about hate crime charges.

Anybody who tears something down that they don’t own is a criminal pure and simple, and should be treated as such.

George Washington (CharlesIII in New York) Thomas Jefferson (various coats of arms), John Hancock, and Ben Franklin are not criminals.

They fought for justice and freedom.

My great great grandfather sculpted a statue of George Washington in 1896. It’s pretty awesome. He gifted it to a city where it is today. It’d be pretty horrible if it were toppled by some idiots.

George_Washington_1896_Perth_Amboy_NJ.jpg

Last edited:
I think the more well trained people that you have on the street who are able to help in a crisis, the better. Your average CWP holder has very minimal actual training and is already very effective in society when present during a crisis, but the training level is simply to be able to carry at all.

A VFR program could set a high bar for exactly the level of training involved to become a part of the program in the first place as well as annual re-certification requirements. It would generally be considered a form of community service.
I hear you but I’m hearing more chaos than help.

I can’t speak for other cities but this shit is estimated to cost $1.8MM to remove all statues in Richmond besides Arthur Ashe. The money magically appeared from the general fund when they can’t even supply our cities schools with toilet paper or proper remediation for asbestos. Our mayor and Virginia’s governor are spineless lemmings who should be forced to resign. What once was a great state has turned to shit like every other liberal run dump.

Really looking forward to my taxes increasing so they can create a new department that helps people figure out what bathroom they should piss in....

Sounds like some cool talents someone can pick up in one place.

we have a lot of veterans out there with all of these skills.

There is a group of people out there that have a lot of beneficial training. And could get even more training if there was something like this.

i let my neighbors know I have weapons. But luckily we have a pretty good police force here.

I can’t speak for other cities but this shit is estimated to cost $1.8MM to remove all statues in Richmond besides Arthur Ashe. The money magically appeared from the general fund when they can’t even supply our cities schools with toilet paper or proper remediation for asbestos. Our mayor and Virginia’s governor are spineless lemmings who should be forced to resign. What once was a great state has turned to shit like every other liberal run dump.

Really looking forward to my taxes increasing so they can create a new department that helps people figure out what bathroom they should piss in....
I will never understand why a normal thinking person can't see what's going on.

He was responding to someone who said we should have volunteers ala fire departments showing up with guns. Totally different than protecting your own property
Oh...I AGREE with the Sheriff and what his style of protecting public and private property could become. You want this stupid shit to continue?

This isn't about peaceful marchers anymore. This isn't about positive change of any kind when public and private property is stolen or torched and people's dreams and hard work have been destroyed. The nonsense has destroyed any empathy gained initially as far as I'm concerned.

Amortized over the next hundreds of years it's a drop in the bucket.
It's not as if they're some great historical relics carved by Michael Angelo.
They were put up between 30 and 50 yrs post Civil War.

They're relics to a time that doesn't need gloriying and are devisive at best.
I'd be willing to bet that leaving them up would hurt Richmond far more economically than removing them by companies not investing in the area.

Move them somewhere else & roll on to something productive.

I will never understand why a normal thinking person can't see what's going on.

I'd be willing to bet that leaving them up would hurt Richmond far more economically than removing them by companies not investing in the area.

So you're saying a WWII Memorial isn't important?

How do you fvcking amortize your history? Roll on to something else? Backbone bubba. Buy it or create one.

Has anyone done any digging on Michaelangelo? I bet we can find some shit on him and rile up some folks to burn down the Vatican! Who’s with me!?!

So you're saying a WWII Memorial isn't important?

His post was specifically about Monument Avenue in Richmond. And your response was to that post.

I agree with TigerGUY about defacing or tearing up WWII and other like monuments... except the part where we send armed non-trained vigelanties into the streets.

Reactions: scartiger
His post was specifically about Monument Avenue in Richmond. And your response was to that post.

I agree with TigerGUY about defacing or tearing up WWII and other like monuments... except the part where we send armed non-trained vigelanties into the streets.
I was responding to this part of his post.

. The money magically appeared from the general fund when they can’t even supply our cities schools with toilet paper or proper remediation for asbestos.

Glad we both agree on the OP by TigerGuy.

Reactions: CUFever91
History? A monument is not history.

A monument (in this case - talking about his post on Richmond - not your original post regarding WWII monument which is just about sacred IMO) is a tribute to the people it's memorializing. People talk about "can't erase history". Taking down a statue does nothing of the sort.

Do you think about what those statues memorialize? To black Americans they memorialize the generals that fought to keep things status quo - as in enslavement of their fore-bearers. Are you for that? What kind of price can you put on that?

I have a 300 page book that has all the letters my great, great, great grandfather wrote home to his wife in Alabama as he served in the CW. History of the CW is not what some folks have rewritten it in their mind to be. It was terrible, terrible. Life was terrible before the CW in South, and it was terrible afterwards. My relatives - like 95% of the people in the CW - were dirt poor. They stood to gain nothing from it. It's a terrible time that needs to remain in history books and not street corners.

Dabo Swinney - 'the Lord put eyes in the front of our heads & not in the back so that we can look forward'.

Willful inability or intention to not understand history does not "give you a backbone" - it makes one ignorant and backwards.

tigerGUYWoodrush
Gold Member

Wherever my RV is parked(formerly Abbeville, SC)

How do you fvcking amortize your history? Roll on to something else? Backbone bubba. Buy it or create one.

The only disability in life is a bad attitude....Dabo

You’re truly great when everybody knows the plan
and no one cares who gets the credit....Thad Turnipseed
from John Wooden

Last edited:
Reactions: petegroove
Oh...I AGREE with the Sheriff and what his style of protecting public and private property could become. You want this stupid shit to continue?

This isn't about peaceful marchers anymore. This isn't about positive change of any kind when public and private property is stolen or torched and people's dreams and hard work have been destroyed. The nonsense has destroyed any empathy gained initially as far as I'm concerned.
I’m all for protecting property and stopping the nonsense. However, the CWP owners I know don’t all seem capable of making sound decisions in a high pressure situation which would lead to more problems.

This kinda seems like the idea of deporting all illegals without asking yourself if you wanna pay $30 for a pound of almonds all of a sudden. Point being, it’s not that simple.

Soooo all of the statues and Confederate memorials that went up in the 50s and 60s and during the Civil Rights Era... we’re all cool with those?

Let’s look at it this way:
-Most of the Confederate monuments went up during Jim Crow in the early 20th century and in the 2 years after the NAACP.

-Most of the schools named after members of the Confederacy were named so in the 10 years after Brown vs Board of Education.

If you’re making the argument “BuT iT’s HiStOrY,” are you open to the idea that people choose the history that is told?

I just can’t imagine being angry about the statue of a Confederate general coming down haha

My point is it’s a bad idea
Understand your position.

Mine is this:
If common citizen idiots are rioting, looting, destroying property (private AND public) and even some lives are being taken.....WITHOUT BEING STOPPED BY THE AUTHORITIES....how is it more crazy to have common citizen people (idiots?) stopping them? If the authorities won't, it leaves little choice.

You CANNOT let this bullshit of chaotic destruction, based upon, maybe, one terrible murder, to unleash years of pent-up, directionless anarchy and reign.

If people die, people die.
There's gonna be dying on both sides.

Terribly sad. All of it. Whichever way it goes.
But, good men cannot stand by idle.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmond Burke.

Soooo all of the statues and Confederate memorials that went up in the 50s and 60s and during the Civil Rights Era... we’re all cool with those?

Let’s look at it this way:
-Most of the Confederate monuments went up during Jim Crow in the early 20th century and in the 2 years after the NAACP.

-Most of the schools named after members of the Confederacy were named so in the 10 years after Brown vs Board of Education.

If you’re making the argument “BuT iT’s HiStOrY,” are you open to the idea that people choose the history that is told?

I just can’t imagine being angry about the statue of a Confederate general coming down haha
It’s bc these things never stop...

This week, it’s a Confederate General...

Next week, it’s Mount Rushmore...the week after that, it’s the Statue of Liberty...the week after that, it’s our nation’s flag...

You see, nothing will ever be good enough for the thugs, I mean, leftists...it will never stop...it’s just how they operate...

ADVERTISEMENT