ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Movie: I Can Only Imagine

Want to see it soon.

Also, a new movie about the apostle Paul coming out today. Very much want to see it.
I used to not understand Paul. But once you really GET the gospel of grace, and really dig into what he's saying, it's just all revelation and truth. Big, big fan of Paul. Sometimes I think Paul and John are the only ones who REALLY got it.

Lol, yeah it seems that way
That’s very snowflake-like. Sorry for triggering you.

I’m seriously wondering how people reconcile those two conflicts (this statement not meant for idohvac as it’s clear he isn’t interested in intelligent discourse).

Just curious... isn’t it hypocritical to follow Jesus and still support trump? Isn’t trump basically the antichrist?
tenor.gif

Reactions: CMTiger15
That’s very snowflake-like. Sorry for triggering you.

I’m seriously wondering how people reconcile those two conflicts (this statement not meant for idohvac as it’s clear he isn’t interested in intelligent discourse).
I have no idea what Trump believes about God but he doesn’t have to be “like Christians” to protect religious freedoms, which he has done for the most part. At least moreso than the last 8 years.

I have no idea what Trump believes about God but he doesn’t have to be “like Christians” to protect religious freedoms, which he has done for the most part. At least moreso than the last 8 years.
I genuinely appreciate the response. I am a spiritual person, and I can't come to grips with such a horrible person leading our country. I am shocked that the religious right is not speaking out against him (FTR I am libertarian).

A couple follow up questions (for you and others) -
If you are concerned about religious freedoms, wouldn't it be better to support impeaching trump and have Pence as president?
And how has your ability to practice your religion been affected the last 8 years? (not debating you, just trying to understand how you have been impacted).

I genuinely appreciate the response. I am a spiritual person, and I can't come to grips with such a horrible person leading our country. I am shocked that the religious right is not speaking out against him (FTR I am libertarian).

If you are concerned about religious freedoms, wouldn't it be better to support impeaching trump and have Pence as president?
And how has your ability to practice your religion been affected the last 8 years? (not debating you, just trying to understand how you have been impacted).

Horrible person leading our country? SMH. How would you feel if Hillary was in office? Who in the hell is she? Mother Teresa? Those were the 2 choices. Trump is doing a great job. Keeping promises and getting things done. Much better than Obama. What a hellish 8 years it was with him in office. Trump is killin it. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Horrible person leading our country? SMH. How would you feel if Hillary was in office? Who in the hell is she? Mother Teresa? Those were the 2 choices. Trump is doing a great job. Keeping promises and getting things done. Much better than Obama. What a hellish 8 years it was with him in office. Trump is killin it. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
What if I told you that it was possible for someone to dislike Trump but also not be a Hillary supporter?

I Corinthians 2, tells us why you will always have opposition and arguments over true Christian beliefs. Most people that argue with a born again Christian are usually somewhat religious, but not born again. Being born again, by realizing you're a sinner, repenting and receiving Christ as your only forgiveness. Even man can't do this, the Holy Spirit has to do the convicting through the preaching (hearing) of God's word. In faith you submit to His call and miraculously born again. As you grow in grace and knowledge (BY SEARCHING AND STUDYING THE BIBLE IN PRAYER), the Spirit will teach you things that you could never understand. Being born again is truly an amazing thing that happens and God is the one that initiates it and produces the life changing! We just turn to His Son's sacrifice in repentance at the time of visitation! I was born again 5-29-1997 at a tent revival at the age of 21, and previous years of hellish thoughts and lifestyle was removed. I suddenly became more interested in the things of God, like the church, the bible and so on, instead of the things that consumed my lifestyle before. It was all God that done that the moment I went forward as a convicted lost sinner and received Christ as my only hope.

Last edited:
Just curious, do you ever ask if it is hypocritical to follow Jesus and support politicians who happily endorse the slaughter of unborn children?
No because I believe in certain situations it is ok for a woman to abort a fetus. I don't think a woman making the decision to abort a fetus because her life is in jeopardy can be compared to a bigot, bully, adulterer, harasser, thief, liar, who buys prostitutes and then has his lawyer buy their silence.

Just curious for those on the religious right (totally serious question), in what instances would you actually condemn trump and call for his impeachment? Do you support any other people who have acted as un-Christian as trump?

I should probably put you on ignore because you are just spouting rhetoric that is fed to you like a sheep, but what the hell I'll reply.

You can condemn trump and hillary at the same time. It's not either/or. Nothing about my post was about his effectiveness as a president - it is about his character. I can't reconcile how a Christian can support someone like Trump. Nothing you offered helped explain that.

No because I believe in certain situations it is ok for a woman to abort a fetus. I don't think a woman making the decision to abort a fetus because her life is in jeopardy can be compared to a bigot, bully, adulterer, harasser, thief, liar, who buys prostitutes and then has his lawyer buy their silence.

Just curious for those on the religious right (totally serious question), in what instances would you actually condemn trump and call for his impeachment? Do you support any other people who have acted as un-Christian as trump?

Do you only support abortion when a mother's life is in jeopardy?

I Corinthians 2, tells us why you will always have opposition and arguments over true Christian beliefs. Most people that argue with a born again Christian are usually somewhat religious, but not born again. Being born again, by realizing you're a sinner, repenting and receiving Christ as your only forgiveness. Even man can't do this, the Holy Spirit has to do the convicting through the preaching (hearing) of God's word. In faith you submit to His call and miraculously born again. As you grow in grace and knowledge (BY SEARCHING AND STUDYING THE BIBLE IN PRAYER), the Spirit will teach you things that you could never understand. Being born again is truly an amazing thing that happens and God is the one that initiates it and produces the life changing! We just turn to His Son's sacrifice in repentance at the time of visitation! I was born again 5-29-1997 at a tent revival at the age of 21, and previous years of hellish thoughts and lifestyle was removed. I suddenly became more interested in the things of God, like the church, the bible and so on, instead of the things that consumed my lifestyle before. It was all God that done that the moment I went forward as a convicted lost sinner and received Christ as my only hope.
That's a beautiful story, but I'm having a hard time connecting that with how Christians can support trump. Why are more people on the right not calling for his impeachment and supporting Pence as president?

I personally think the preceding 8 years were the liberal war on Christians worldwide with Obama as the point man

So it is amazing how people see feel smell hear etc
The same thing but come to different conclusions

I personally think the preceding 8 years were the liberal war on Christians worldwide with Obama as the point man

So it is amazing how people see feel smell hear etc
The same thing but come to different conclusions
Interesting. As a spiritual person I have not felt that, but I know that we each live our faith in our own ways. How has the previous 8 years most impacted you?

I should probably put you on ignore because you are just spouting rhetoric that is fed to you like a sheep, but what the hell I'll reply.

You can condemn trump and hillary at the same time. It's not either/or. Nothing about my post was about his effectiveness as a president - it is about his character. I can't reconcile how a Christian can support someone like Trump. Nothing you offered helped explain that.

Venice Tiger

With what measure ye judge ye shall be judged

So say the Bible somewhere

Trump whom I did not vote for and do not like is doing a fantastic job in regards to keeping the promises and following an ideology I totally agree with in most instances

This is my opinion and not for debate

Venice Tiger

With what measure ye judge ye shall be judged

So say the Bible somewhere

Trump whom I did not vote for and do not like is doing a fantastic job in regards to keeping the promises and following an ideology I totally agree with in most instances

This is my opinion and not for debate
Totally understand and I appreciate the constructive debate. Is there an act he could commit, or have committed, that would cause you to stop supporting him as president? Or do you completely separate his character from the requirements of the job?

That's a beautiful story, but I'm having a hard time connecting that with how Christians can support trump. Why are more people on the right not calling for his impeachment and supporting Pence as president?
I believe Trump brings some good things that are good for America. I think he's pro America which is great for us in this world of idolatry and gods that want to use you to blow people of Christian faith up. You can't befriend evil. He does have issues as any President and person does. I don't even know that he is a Christian, I question that on my experience and what the bible says about humility and so on. I will say this, if you read the bible through. God used the wicked in power more often than he did the righteous. And when he put the righteous in power, His most often plea to the leader was to make sure you separated yourself from false god worshippers or else they will turn you to looking to their idol gods. God can use any person to accomplish his sovereign will. America and this earth is going to be no more. He has another will, that's his desired will. In which he disires that all be saved. His third will is a revealed will for those that are saved. He wills that they preach, teach, proclaim and live their faith out in this world. I don't know maybe Trump is part of God's sovereign will, this world is on a crash course for either the wrath of God or the pardon of God come judgement day, I do know that. He does have a permissive will that allows you to reject Him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT