ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post-debate top group of candidates

scotchtiger

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2005
Mount Pleasant, SC
Who is in your top group for the Republican nomination after the debate? It started to clear up the picture a bit for me.

Fiorina, Carson and Bush are probably my top 3 in no particular order. Bush did a bit better than I expected. I don't necessarily love him as a candidate, but he's better than most and would carry FL. Carly was the big winner of the day. I need to continue to learn more about her.

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are out for me. Didn't care for them.

If Christie seriously believes in means testing SS and excluding those making over $200k from receiving benefits, he's definitely out for me. Completly absurd position and the general idea of penalizing success is exactly why I don't vote D.

I like some of Walker and Huckabee's positions, but they are too socially right. Walker's stance on abortion could hurt him in the general. I wish Republicans would just run from that issue. It hurts them post-primary. Would sign up for Huckabee's fair tax tomorrow, but he's not going to pull moderates with his social conservatism.

I like Rubio, but he's a bit too green and it comes across.

I think Kasich would be great as a VP candidate. He would pull in some moderates, help in Ohio and I think he would serve the position well on Capitol Hill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.