ADVERTISEMENT

OT: SC Governor's race

Flo-Tiger

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2005
Columbia , SC
So just out of curiosity, are you TI'ers voting for Warren or McMaster? And if McMaster, is it because Trump says so? Conversely, if Warren, why?

Any Republican supporting Warren is a complete idiot.

South Carolina has McMaster’s buddy in the White House. He will be able to get him to put the kaboosh on off-shore drilling.

If Warren wins, Trump won’t give a shit about our coastline.

Reactions: Tiger93RC
I am voting for the best person I see running for governor, and that would be James Smith. And it ain't even close. Now, I'm sure that Smith will immediately be labeled a "tax and spend liberal." To which I will reply that this is South Carolina, and regardless of party, there are no "tax and spend liberals" running for office.

South Carolina has McMaster’s buddy in the White House. He will be able to get him to put the kaboosh on off-shore drilling.

What is wrong with offshore EXPLORATION. Not drilling, but exploration. Shouldn’t we want to know what options we have?
The beaches /tourism in the Gulf are fabulous. And they actually have drilling.
McMaster is just another career politician in Columbia who looks out for his cronies. Having Trump’s support is the only thing positive for him.

I am voting for the best person I see running for governor, and that would be James Smith. And it ain't even close. Now, I'm sure that Smith will immediately be labeled a "tax and spend liberal." To which I will reply that this is South Carolina, and regardless of party, there are no "tax and spend liberals" running for office.

Same. Huge fan of James Smith.

I will not vote for a politician who runs ads like this one.

RG0BS1U.gif

Last edited:

This begs the question as to why hasn't McMaster persuaded the administration already to prohibit drilling on the coast? Why would his election in November create a new incentive for Trump to change his position?

McMaster will never be better positioned than today to get that out of the administration. He should tell the administration he NEEDS that driling prohibition now in order to win the primary. If he wins the primary, all his leverage is lost.

Interesting how many Republicans suddenly become environmentalists when it comes to coastline drilling but if it is the center of the country it is "drill, baby, drill."

What is wrong with offshore EXPLORATION. Not drilling, but exploration. Shouldn’t we want to know what options we have?
The beaches /tourism in the Gulf are fabulous. And they actually have drilling.
McMaster is just another career politician in Columbia who looks out for his cronies. Having Trump’s support is the only thing positive for him.
Do you recall what happened to the beaches in the Gulf a few years ago? The damage from the exploded oil rig caused decades worth of harm to the oceans. Tourism took it on the chin for quite a while.

So just out of curiosity, are you TI'ers voting for Warren or McMaster? And if McMaster, is it because Trump says so? Conversely, if Warren, why?
Warren over sleazy politician any day. What is Smith all about? If he is like the "Win at all Costs" Dems in DC, I want no part of him.

Do you recall what happened to the beaches in the Gulf a few years ago? The damage from the exploded oil rig caused decades worth of harm to the oceans. Tourism took it on the chin for quite a while.

I'm assuming the gulf stream would significantly lessen the impact to our shores by carrying a spill north.

Smith may be a great Dem but there is no way in hell I can place a vote for a liberal in today's climate.

I agree , a vote for Smith only supports the national Dems . Everyone should read the Dems platform before voting for Smith . But as of today we're still a free country so if you want to support the way they lean its your business !

I will vote McMaster for his experience at the Federal & State level in achieving phenomenal progress. Plus he served 6 yrs as JAG officer & can bring cases before the Supreme Court. Impressive body of work.

Not sure what basis the thought that Smith is the overall best option for SC. He has similar start to politics & law without the successes in public service.

McMaster Bio

Smith bio

I agree , a vote for Smith only supports the national Dems . Everyone should read the Dems platform before voting for Smith . But as of today we're still a free country so if you want to support the way they lean its your business !

Happily, I dig the national Democratic platform. Regardless, his platform is right here for all to see. I hope that everyone who is voting is planning on reading the candidates platforms.

McMaster

Warren

For the life of me, I don't understand why experience is a bad thing on a resume now.

We sure don't want to be like those idiots in Texas and end up finding a bunch of oil reserves, that would be absolutely awful. Why would anyone want all those jobs and tax revenue?

McMaster is foghorn leghorn. I still for the life of me dont get what people see in Trump. If Smith was pro-life I would vote for him. Since he's not, Warren is my only option for now and not sure what I'll do if its McMaster vs Smith in Nov. I feel dumber every time I watch McMaster's ads.

That the Obama administration actively prohibited efforts to stop the corrective actions for that oil rig including immediately after the blowout, is the sole reason for the extent of damage.

This begs the question as to why hasn't McMaster persuaded the administration already to prohibit drilling on the coast? Why would his election in November create a new incentive for Trump to change his position?

McMaster will never be better positioned than today to get that out of the administration. He should tell the administration he NEEDS that driling prohibition now in order to win the primary. If he wins the primary, all his leverage is lost.

Interesting how many Republicans suddenly become environmentalists when it comes to coastline drilling but if it is the center of the country it is "drill, baby, drill."
Why is that interesting? Care to elaborate?

1.) McMaster's current position is in favor of offshore drilling.
2.) President Trump has already issued an executive order relaxing the restrictions on offshore drilling along the Atlantic seaboard.
3.) I understand the concerns people have to offshore drilling but they are unfounded.
4.) Limiting offshore drilling to beyond 50 miles from the coast will prevent individuals from observing the oil rigs.

Reactions: CUT93
Can somebody clear up what McMaster is accusing Warren of with regards to predatory lending?

Just look up Lima One Capital. It's not predatory in the least. They basically lend to house flippers or someone rehabbing a house for short-term financing. Just pure smear.

There is a back story to McMaster becoming governor. As you probably remember, Nikki Haley was not a fan of DJT during the Republican primary in 2015-2016 and was openly critical of some of his positions/comments. So why does he appoint her as UN Ambassador? Henry McMaster was the highest level statewide official in U.S. to first endorse Trump, and Trump owed him big time. Trump apparently floated a couple of positions by McMaster, and he replied that all he ever wanted to be was Governor of SC. So Trump named Haley to UN, and McMaster got his wish.

Last edited:
I'm assuming the gulf stream would significantly lessen the impact to our shores by carrying a spill north.

Oh, so it's perfectly safe then.

That the Obama administration actively prohibited efforts to stop the corrective actions for that oil rig including immediately after the blowout, is the sole reason for the extent of damage.

I would love to hear more about this.

Reactions: joneill
I don't know much about McMaster but he looks like a dirty politician. He probably reeks and smells dirty as well.

Reactions: Tiger Guru
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT