ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Senate vs. House Tax Plan

Taxing income and giving tax credits is all political hogwash.

Take the politics out of it and go with a simple sales tax of 10%

If that don't cover expenses- cut govt waste, don't ask taxpayers for more.

a) that wouldn't come close to paying for defense, interest on the debt, and mandatory SS and medicare/medicaid.
b) It would be extraordinarily regressive, funding government on the backs of our poorest citizens.

Probably not, but I've never, ever heard a liberal be concerned about the national debt, so I guess the Dems will vote for it, don't you think?

The two groups opposed to the tax plan are democrats because the cuts are heavily weighted toward high income individuals and corporations and conservative deficit hawks. Personally, I do well with the plan, but am concerned both about equity and the economic impact of a growing deficit.

The two groups opposed to the tax plan are democrats because the cuts are heavily weighted toward high income individuals and corporations and conservative deficit hawks. Personally, I do well with the plan, but am concerned both about equity and the economic impact of a growing deficit.
A LOT OF US ON HERE WILL BENEFIT BECAUSE WE MAKE A LOT OF MONEY COMPARED TO THE VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICAN CITIZENS. I TOO AM WORRIED ABOUT A RAPIDLY GROWING DEFICIT. I AM ALSO WONDERING WHY WE NEED TO SLASH CORPORATE TAXES TO FEED JOB GROWTH....WHEN CORPORATE PROFITS ARE DOING WELL, THE ECONOMY IS DOING WELL, AND UNEMPLOYMENT IS DOWN.
latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2007_2017_all_period_M10_data.gif

AND DON'T GET ME WRONG - LESS OF MY MONEY GOING TO THE FED IS GREAT. BUT WE JUST ALL NEED TO UNDERSTAND ALL ASPECTS. FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN THE TITANS OF INDUSTRY HAVE TAXES SLASHED, HOW WILL WE KNOW THAT THE SAVINGS ARE REINVESTED? OR WILL WE SIMPLY HAVE MORE WEALTH SHOVELED OVER TO A VERY, VERY, VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE?

a) that wouldn't come close to paying for defense, interest on the debt, and mandatory SS and medicare/medicaid.
b) It would be extraordinarily regressive, funding government on the backs of our poorest citizens.

I'm fine with that. Let localities take care of the poor in their communities.
Not the feds job to be caretakers.

I'm fine with that. Let localities take care of the poor in their communities.
Not the feds job to be caretakers.

Local govs have a better understanding of their needs. They would in theory be better at handling their own affairs. It was my understanding that this new tax bill has limited state and local municipalities ability to raise revenue.

A LOT OF US ON HERE WILL BENEFIT BECAUSE WE MAKE A LOT OF MONEY COMPARED TO THE VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICAN CITIZENS. I TOO AM WORRIED ABOUT A RAPIDLY GROWING DEFICIT. I AM ALSO WONDERING WHY WE NEED TO SLASH CORPORATE TAXES TO FEED JOB GROWTH....WHEN CORPORATE PROFITS ARE DOING WELL, THE ECONOMY IS DOING WELL, AND UNEMPLOYMENT IS DOWN.
latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2007_2017_all_period_M10_data.gif

AND DON'T GET ME WRONG - LESS OF MY MONEY GOING TO THE FED IS GREAT. BUT WE JUST ALL NEED TO UNDERSTAND ALL ASPECTS. FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN THE TITANS OF INDUSTRY HAVE TAXES SLASHED, HOW WILL WE KNOW THAT THE SAVINGS ARE REINVESTED? OR WILL WE SIMPLY HAVE MORE WEALTH SHOVELED OVER TO A VERY, VERY, VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE?

I am not sure why the government would want to prop up businesses during a growth cycle. I thought it was save now. Spend/invest during the down cycles. Seems like gov is always chasing the dollar as opposed to earning the interest.

Ba
Local govs have a better understanding of their needs. They would in theory be better at handling their own affairs. It was my understanding that this new tax bill has limited state and local municipalities ability to raise revenue.

Back before liberals made the federal government an adult babysitter, neighbors took care of neighbors, churches took care of their flocks and friends.

Now, hell I bet half the homes in every neighborhood across the country is sucking on uncle Sam's tits..

Tearing our fabric of what made America great apart.

Every country n the history of the world WANTS to control every aspect of their citizens lives. Eventually they get too big, too controlling and fall apart.

Never fails.

For the fiscal hawks mentioning the deficit, the MAGA train is heading for welfare reform next. Encourage both sides of the aisles to reduce spending here. #handupnothandout

https://www.wsj.com/articles/after-push-on-taxes-republicans-line-up-welfare-revamp-next-1512469801
Bad news: apparently, welfare reform is now off the table for 2018. Should have tackled that first before revenue cuts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trump-cools-to-idea-of-taking-on-welfare-programs-seeing-little-chance-of-success-in-congress/2018/01/05/ba1ad3a0-f23f-11e7-90ed-77167c6861f2_story.html

ADVERTISEMENT