ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sexual assault allegations

amynhop

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2005
What's everyone's take on all these allegations surfacing daily? Some decades old. Is it a snowball effect? One came forward and then others felt comfortable to follow? Don't know if any have a reason to lie.... The allegations against a dead Patrick Swayze seemed unfair.

Last edited:
What's everyone's take on all these allegations surfacing daily? Some decades old. Is it a snowball effect? One came forward and then others felt comfortable to follow? Don't think any have a reason to lie.... The allegations against a dead Patrick Swayze seemed unfair.

A lot of its hard to take serious being so old and with attempt to do political damage at the worst possible moment. The whole demonisation and using laws to criminalize consensual sexual relations is disturbing. I think its ridiculous when a 20 to 25 year old female is being put in prison and labeled a sexual predator for having relations with a 17 year old male who probably initiated the contact. Between all this and the explosion of sexual harassment lawsuits in the workplace, they are going to make guys afraid to even think about approaching a female he may be interested in.

In all honesty, I think it happens (sexual assault) to most everyone at some point in their lives. I was at a work function a few years ago and a really drunk co-worker sat on my lap and stuck her tongue down my throat. I was sitting at a table with 5 or 6 other people including someone from HR. We all laughed it off, and apart from her being gross and my manhood being insulted, I didn’t care.

That being said, I’m not a woman and that wasn’t rape, so I can’t speak to how they would feel differently about even the same circumstance.

In all honesty, I think it happens (sexual assault) to most everyone at some point in their lives. I was at a work function a few years ago and a really drunk co-worker sat on my lap and stuck her tongue down my throat. I was sitting at a table with 5 or 6 other people including someone from HR. We all laughed it off, and apart from her being gross and my manhood being insulted, I didn’t care.

That being said, I’m not a woman and that wasn’t rape, so I can’t speak to how they would feel differently about even the same circumstance.

And if she hadn't been gross.... you would've liked it. Amirite? :)

Everyone has skeletons in their closet.

Social media allows a platform for the world to know your past mistakes.

I consider myself a good citizen who does the right thing 99% of the time these days and nothing that would land me in jail or bring disgrace to my family but I would be ashamed if some things from my youth were relived through social media.

I believe that some are legit, and others are piling on. But all show the human condition.

The allegation that I heard about Carl and Rob Reiner yesterday on talk radio was one of the most disturbing to come out yet.

It's all very sad.
I didn't hear anything about Reiner and couldn't find anything in a search. Cliff's

Reactions: amynhop
Everyone has skeletons in their closet.

Social media allows a platform for the world to know your past mistakes.

I consider myself a good citizen who does the right thing 99% of the time these days and nothing that would land me in jail or bring disgrace to my family but I would be ashamed if some things from my youth were relived through social media.

Yep. Think most would agree with this.

President Kennedy could have been impeached, perhaps imprisoned, for the things he forced poor young girls to do to him and others. How Slick Willie escaped rape prosecution for the Juanita Broaddrick deal is nothing short of insanity of press and the democrat party . This treatment of girls like slabs of meat has been going on a long time. It's symptomatic of a deeper rot. Fine with me to shine the full light of day on it. Sounds like plenty of young boys have gotten the business from these creeps, too. From pervert men, and from pervert women. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Let's not stop with the man-monsters. Where women have done the abusing (plenty), they need to receive full stroke of the law, too. Hardly a week goes by where some wacked out lady teacher isn't caught plumbing half the middle school girls and boys.

Root it out, with dump trucks full of shame and hard jail time. It's corruption.

President Kennedy could have been impeached, perhaps imprisoned, for the things he forced poor young girls to do to him and others. How Slick Willie escaped rape prosecution for the Juanita Broaddrick deal is nothing short of insanity of press and the democrat party . This treatment of girls like slabs of meat has been going on a long time. It's symptomatic of a deeper rot. Fine with me to shine the full light of day on it. Sounds like plenty of young boys have gotten the business from these creeps, too. From pervert men, and from pervert women. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Let's not stop with the man-monsters. Where women have done the abusing (plenty), they need to receive full stroke of the law, too. Hardly a week goes by where some wacked out lady teacher isn't caught plumbing half the middle school girls and boys.

Root it out, with dump trucks full of shame and hard jail time. It's corruption.

Ridiculous how the women teachers get somewhat of a pass.
And you are right that treatment of women like slabs of meat has always happened.

Last edited:
Flavor of the day...look at how many we have serving in public office that have been convicted or settled with someone...
If I am a lady and someone grabs me with photographers taking pictures i simply say get you hand off of my ass....then not some 10,20, 30 years later...A lady comes up and gives me a hug or kiss on the cheek and gets up tight and personal...I enjoy it but I am not going to fuss about her touching me with parts other than her hands.....

A lot of its hard to take serious being so old and with attempt to do political damage at the worst possible moment. The whole demonisation and using laws to criminalize consensual sexual relations is disturbing. I think its ridiculous when a 20 to 25 year old female is being put in prison and labeled a sexual predator for having relations with a 17 year old male who probably initiated the contact. Between all this and the explosion of sexual harassment lawsuits in the workplace, they are going to make guys afraid to even think about approaching a female he may be interested in.

No surprise that this is your hot take.

"A lot of it"? You just mean the Roy Moore stuff.

Glad you got a chance to argue for child abuse though.

Also no surprise that your conclusion is how hard this is going to be for men now.

Reactions: nytigerfan
Heard a good one this morning "inappropriate flirting.". What the hell does that mean?

You can't figure out what that means? That seems like an easy one. Ask pretty much any woman...

Reactions: MBRO
And if she hadn't been gross.... you would've liked it. Amirite? :)

I am appalled that you would think that! I was a victim and here you are belittling my feelings! (OF COURSE if she was hot it would have been a story of conquest, my suave attraction felt by all females, and my ranking as an A+ kisser ;))

What's everyone's take on all these allegations surfacing daily? Some decades old. Is it a snowball effect? One came forward and then others felt comfortable to follow? Don't think any have a reason to lie.... The allegations against a dead Patrick Swayze seemed unfair.
I think it has gotten out of hand. However, I have 2 daughters and I would hate it if they experienced some of the actions these men are supposed to have done. I have come to realize that women in the past had to endure some pretty crass or threatening behavior to advance there careers. I realize that most of what is talked about is the cesspool of Hollywood but even there I would expect humans to treat other humans with respect. But put males and females together in close proximity daily and inappropriate behavior will occur and usually it will be the male doing it. If you're a male doing these things in the workplace you better stop or you'll find yourself pumping gas for a living. You better not meet with a member of the opposite sex along either.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
No surprise that this is your hot take.

"A lot of it"? You just mean the Roy Moore stuff.

Glad you got a chance to argue for child abuse though.

Also no surprise that your conclusion is how hard this is going to be for men now.

Take your opinion and stick it Iceheart08!

Reactions: m_l_murphy
I am appalled that you would think that! I was a victim and here you are belittling my feelings! (OF COURSE if she was hot it would have been a story of conquest, my suave attraction felt by all females, and my ranking as an A+ kisser ;))

Yeah.... That's exactly what I thought. :p

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
A lot of has beens needing another 15 seconds in many cases. I'd bet many are baseless and memories have created something that wasn't there in the first place. I think many are politically motivated. Some have some merit.

At the end of the day, if a lady spread her legs "to get ahead", that's on her. She played the game. Is it a bad game? Sure. Were they forced to play? Nope.

I think it has gotten out of hand. However, I have 2 daughters and I would hate it if they experienced some of the actions these men are supposed to have done. I have come
to realize that women in the past had to endure some pretty crass or threatening behavior to advance there careers. I realize that most of what is talked about is the cesspool of Hollywood but even there I would expect humans to treat other humans with respect. But put males and females together in close proximity daily and inappropriate behavior will occur and usually it will be the male doing it. If you're a male doing these things in the workplace you better stop or you'll find yourself pumping gas for a living. You better not meet with a member of the opposite sex along either.

The notion that the problem mostly lies in Hollywood or the past is just wrong.

Or that you can't meet with a woman alone anymore. If that's your takeaway, you are doing it wrong. People aren't making this shit up. It's pervasive.

Don't sexually harass people. That's the takeaway.

Yall hiring?

Bet there aren't too many men on the planet who haven't done some inappropriate flirting. And that goes for lots of women too.

I agree with this. Where it really is a problem in my opinion is people using their positions of authority in the workplace or government to do it. The Harvey Weinstein situation is classic abuse of power but in a sexual way.

I discount most of this stuff. We promote sex everywhere in our society and then act surprised and expect it not to be in the workplace. These same women use it to advance but complain about it later. Women dress like sluts and put it out there but men are not supposed to notice? Women use their sexuality to get what they want all the time. Just more of the land of everybody gets offended by everything. I am not talking about rape and violent acts. But if someone verbally says something inappropriate in your mind, get the heck over it. These women that have said nothing for years are enablers. And yes I have daughters. I teach them that all men are pigs and to slap shiate out of any man that does something out of line.

I discount most of this stuff. We promote sex everywhere in our society and then act surprised and expect it not to be in the workplace. These same women use it to advance but complain about it later. Women dress like sluts and put it out there but men are not supposed to notice? Women use their sexuality to get what they want all the time. Just more of the land of everybody gets offended by everything. I am not talking about rape and violent acts. But if someone verbally says something inappropriate in your mind, get the heck over it. These women that have said nothing for years are enablers. And yes I have daughters. I teach them that all men are pigs and to slap shiate out of any man that does something out of line.

I'm a woman and I agree with everything you said.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
i don't understand why anyone would doubt the victims in these cases. actually, i guess i do, since this is TI and half the board lives in some alternate reality i can't fathom.

it's simple: don't be an asshole when you're in a position of power.

I'm a woman and I agree with everything you said.

quit playing up your womanhood. women are hardly a monolith, and you've even stated in the past that women should be subservient to men, so of course it's gonna be easy for you to agree with some of the garbage posted itt.

quit playing up your womanhood. women are hardly a monolith, and you've even stated in the past that women should be subservient to men, so of course it's gonna be easy for you to agree with some of the garbage posted itt.

Show me a post where I said women should be subservient to men.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT