ADVERTISEMENT

OT:SIAP - "Roseanne" show cancelled

1. I thought those were kinda recent.

2. Dont the “edgy” comedians usually get a pass on this stuff because it’s seen as part of their art and they’re doing it to get a reaction?

Not defending her at all, I was just surprised she would say and think something like this.
10 years ago or so.

An estimated 200 people.

She called 9/11 an inside job. She promoted pizzagate. She had photographs taken just three months ago with a Hitler mustache painted on her face and a swastika armband while she was pulling burnt gingerman cookies out of an oven.

MAGA Warriors, this is not the hill you want to die on.
There is truly nothing beyond the pale for them at this point. If someone tells me they are still a Trump supporter, that tells me all I need to know about them.

I

I guess it is the same kind of pussies who can't handle a football player kneeling. Freedom of speech works both ways. Somebody needs to tell Fox News. I think they missed the memo.

Neither one of these issues are free speech issues. The first Amendment doesn’t apply to employees of private businesses.

It blows my mind the number of people who don’t understand this.

No doubt Roseanne was an idiot with her tweet & the consequences were justified...

Although I can't help but wonder how it would've been handled if Roseanne was a liberal saying something about a black conservative... Hmmmm (see Bill Mayer using the N word & no one batting an eye)...

However, in Roseanne's defense, what is acceptable to call Valerie Jarrett?? I mean, she ain't exactly purdy...

No doubt Roseanne was an idiot with her tweet & the consequences were justified...

Although I can't help but wonder how it would've been handled if Roseanne was a liberal saying something about a black conservative... Hmmmm (see Bill Mayer using the N word & no one batting an eye)...

However, in Roseanne's defense, what is acceptable to call Valerie Jarrett?? I mean, she ain't exactly purdy...
i guess taking Thumper’s father’s advice won’t do? “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”.

Well in that case ... pretty much anything else besides likening her to a ape would’ve been better. She literally said the worst thing possible and it wasn’t a joke ... in context ... she believes that.

Gross

She can do a horrible rendition of the National Anthem. Including spitting and crouch grabbing. But that's ok. NFL players peacefully taking a knee during the National Anthem, will that's going to damn far smh

I keep seeing references to the post being on her "private" and "personal" social media accounts, which tells me people still have no f***ing clue how social media works.

I loved Roseanne in the 90s and I loved the reboot. It was one of the best shows on television .... but what she said was soooooo freakin racist ... outside of saying ... ya know ... the obvious ....likening a black person to a ape is .... disgusting.

Will never take up for Roseanne, but you guys have been telling me for years that we all came from apes.

There is truly nothing beyond the pale for them at this point. If someone tells me they are still a Trump supporter, that tells me all I need to know about them.

I support Trump - his fiscal policies, his immigration policies, his freedoms that seem to align with the constitution. Many economic metrics are at all time highs. This is a good thing for our country.

I don't support all the alleged unseemly stuff - who would? However, we can't legislate a president's personal life, and he's certainly not the first president to have some personal issues. I care more about his job performance than his personal life, and I think his job performance, particularly lately, has been very good.

I guess by two paragraphs I typed above you know all you need to know about me, and I think that's a shame.

Reactions: orangelvis
I support Trump - his fiscal policies, his immigration policies, his freedoms that seem to align with the constitution. Many economic metrics are at all time highs. This is a good thing for our country.

I don't support all the alleged unseemly stuff - who would? However, we can't legislate a president's personal life, and he's certainly not the first president to have some personal issues. I care more about his job performance than his personal life, and I think his job performance, particularly lately, has been very good.

I guess by two paragraphs I typed above you know all you need to know about me, and I think that's a shame.
So you were a huge fan of Bill Clinton then if economic metrics are so important to you? I think part of job performance is how the POTUS handles himself on the pubic stage because he is representing the entire country. Trump handles himself in an extremely unprofessional manner with his tweets, personal attacks on private citizens, attacks on the law enforcement community, obsession with himself and how everything effects him, his constant lying - just straight up making things up knowing that his true base will believe everything he says, etc. etc. etc.

So you were a huge fan of Bill Clinton then if economic metrics are so important to you? I think part of job performance is how the POTUS handles himself on the pubic stage because he is representing the entire country. Trump handles himself in an extremely unprofessional manner with his tweets, personal attacks on private citizens, attacks on the law enforcement community, obsession with himself and how everything effects him, his constant lying - just straight up making things up knowing that his true base will believe everything he says, etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, I really had no issues with Clinton in his second term as far as job performance. As I said in my original post, I didn't approve of all the alleged affairs, the Lewinsky stuff, the sexual assault allegations - same as Trump, but I thought his job performance was pretty good.

There have been a lot of presidents that have had less than a stellar personal life. Trump isn't the first, and you can bet he won't be the last.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99

I was a fan of Bill Clinton "triangulating" his position, (as Dick Morris states) to sign Newt Gingrich's "Contract with America" balanced budget legislation. So yeah, you could say that I liked all that.
Trump has to defend himself on social media. I wasn't a fan of it at first, but it has become so obvious that 98% of the media is working in tandem with the leftist side of the dem party to pump out Pravda like, misinformation. It's amazing how many in the msm are tied so deeply with leftist.
Just a question or two. Where does Trump attack law enforcement? I've found him to be the biggest supporter of law and order. Also, give me a couple of examples of him lying and making stuff up. I've found that he has refreshingly stayed true to his campaign promises and continues to fight for the promises that have yet to be fulfilled.

I was a fan of Bill Clinton "triangulating" his position, (as Dick Morris states) to sign Newt Gingrich's "Contract with America" balanced budget legislation. So yeah, you could say that I liked all that.
Trump has to defend himself on social media. I wasn't a fan of it at first, but it has become so obvious that 98% of the media is working in tandem with the leftist side of the dem party to pump out Pravda like, misinformation. It's amazing how many in the msm are tied so deeply with leftist.
Just a question or two. Where does Trump attack law enforcement? I've found him to be the biggest supporter of law and order. Also, give me a couple of examples of him lying and making stuff up. I've found that he has refreshingly stayed true to his campaign promises and continues to fight for the promises that have yet to be fulfilled.

I said this last time when you talked about his campaign promises and you mysteriously didn't respond.

Well, he's held true to what he said he would do; before the election.
Remember, Obama believed marriage was "between a man and a woman" before the election. Fact. Trump has not wavered from his campaign promises; at all.
Well I'm sure you'll move the goalposts on all of these but:

(I'm bolding the ones I consider to be especially bold faced):

"The 3.8 percent Obamacare tax on investment income will be repealed, as will the alternative minimum tax."

"As part of this reform, we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers."

"If I'm elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress."

“I will ask, to appoint a special prosecutor. We have to investigate Hillary Clinton, and we have to investigate the investigation.”

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.” (He's tried and failed to cut Medicaid)

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.”

“One of my first acts as president will be to establish a commission on radical Islam which will include reformist voices in the Muslim community who will hopefully work with us."

“Real change begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare."

“The insurance companies are getting rich off health care and health insurance and everything having to do with health. We’re going to end that. We’re going to take out the artificial boundaries, the artificial lines. We’re going to get a plan where people compete, free enterprise.”

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."

Link

He also said the tax cuts would be revenue neutral, which is a farce.

Trump also #fakenews'd the media for not having a source when the source was his own NSC:
link

I said this last time when you talked about his campaign promises and you mysteriously didn't respond.

Trump also #fakenews'd the media for not having a source when the source was his own NSC:
link

Hahahaha did you you even read the article? Evidently not. lol

I did a spit take when I read this. Trump has repeatedly attacked the DOJ and FBI. I know this is a pointless discussion, since you will just come back with some conspiracy articles from Breitbart and InfoWars, but here is Fox News debunking Trump's latest "Spygate" claim.
http://theweek.com/speedreads/77594...mantles-trumps-unfounded-claims-about-spygate

*can't tell if stupid, trolling, or attempting to be funny and failing*

Well, to be totally correct, I've been told for years on here that we all came from a life form that is even lower than an ape. The apes and I evidently are two separate branches from the original "sub ape".

I did a spit take when I read this. Trump has repeatedly attacked the DOJ and FBI. I know this is a pointless discussion, since you will just come back with some conspiracy articles from Breitbart and InfoWars, but here is Fox News debunking Trump's latest "Spygate" claim.
http://theweek.com/speedreads/77594...mantles-trumps-unfounded-claims-about-spygate

Almost ruined my computer when I saw Shep Smith. Lol. Hey pal, just sit back and watch what's gonna happen in a couple of weeks. So, you don't believe that Obama's DOJ/FBI/CIA/NSA conspired to let Hillary off the hook and then conspired before and after the election to harm Trump? Conspiracy? You need to get out more. Tell you what. I think the IG report will be out in a couple weeks; we'll see, won't we? I'm not a betting man; never have been, but I'm tempted to bet anyone who wants, that some of these people are going to jail.

Excited to hear from the freedom of speech herp derpers on this one.

I'll take a shot at it and there are a couple of examples of this in the news right now. First, as you mentioned, there's the Rosanne stuff and their's the NFL stuff on the Anthem.

As far as I'm concerned, you can say what you want to within reason (with respect to defamation/libel laws). BUT when you are representing your employer, you have to represent THEIR views. I was OK with the NFL protests myself, but the NFL as an organization was not. When these players are on the field in uniform, there's no question that they are representing the NFL. Thus the NFL has every right to dictate their conduct at that time.

Rosanne is a bit different. The line between representing ABC and Rosanne the private person is pretty fuzzy. It's pretty obvious to me that this was a case of late night drunken/drugged tweeting. But while social media gives a person the stage to make their voice heard by a LOT of people, that can be a two edged sword. I think if she were simply bashing Obama and Staff or Trump and Staff she would have been fine. But when you start saying things that violate social norms, you are going to get into trouble.

Right or wrong, there are some things you simply can't say in today's society. And we know most of them. Unless you are black, you can't use the N word. You can't compare people to Hitler. You can't insult people (especially people of color) in ways that are considered racial slurs (ie African American/Monkey/Ape comparisons are a no-no). These kind of remarks open you up to charges of racism, and no matter who you are, a company isn't going to want someone who's made these kind of remarks working for them. That's not a money maker in the long term. ABC realized this and made the call (and looked good doing it... again, right or wrong).

So there's no problem with freedom of speach (or not here). Freedom isn't simply being able to do and say anything we want. There are consequences associated with what we do and say. In fact, you can make a case that freedom and responsibility and essentially the same thing. So Rosanne is absolutely free to compare African American folks to Apes in public. BUT there are consequences to doing that sort of thing. And they bit her right in the ass.

It is unfortunate that a bunch of other folks got shafted by this that did nothing wrong.

As an aside note, I was doing a bit of research on Rosanne while replying to this thread. Apparently she was a pretty normal LDS girl growing up in Utah (although she apparently like the stage even then). At the age of 16, she was hit by a car and suffered a brain injury. Her personality changed so much after the accident that she was institutionalized for 8 months or so. This kind of injury can cause some impulse control problems as well as trouble with decision making. In this case, that's definitely food for thought.

Hahahaha did you you even read the article? Evidently not. lol

I read the article. It stated that a Trump's claim that there was no source for that #fakenews was false and they had audio evidence of a White House source providing that information to the media. Did YOU not read it or do you just have comprehension difficulties? You also ignored everything else. Again.

Almost ruined my computer when I saw Shep Smith. Lol. Hey pal, just sit back and watch what's gonna happen in a couple of weeks. So, you don't believe that Obama's DOJ/FBI/CIA/NSA conspired to let Hillary off the hook and then conspired before and after the election to harm Trump? Conspiracy? You need to get out more. Tell you what. I think the IG report will be out in a couple weeks; we'll see, won't we? I'm not a betting man; never have been, but I'm tempted to bet anyone who wants, that some of these people are going to jail.

didnt you say this same shit a month ago? Like I said discussing anything with you is pointless, you are too far gone.

Reactions: Rychek4

Not a betting man either, but I'd be sorely tempted to take that action. Trump is simply making this shiit up to cover his own ass. He has taken money from the Russians in the past (the last time he was bankrupt... and that's not against the law) and met with them during his campaign to get elected b/c they supported him (again, unsavory... meeting with the enemy, but not illegal). BUT his staff (at least) also met with the purpose of getting information on Hillary for use against her (Again Donald Trump Jr's own emails prove this beyond a doubt). If that happened it IS most definitely illegal. So Trump is doing what he does best... making shiit up to attack anyone and everyone that's trying to prove what he did. And it's working. You actually believe that the DOJ/FBI/CIA/NSA and other agencies are ALL corrupt and have broken every oath they ever took to protect the nation and are trying to "get" poor Donald Trump who did nothing wrong. This is tin foil hat shiit...

Just FYI, here are some conspiracy theories that Trump has passed on to his rubes (I mean base). And you guys swallow every load he puts in your mouth...

1. The US government knew about 911 in advance and did nothing. (No evidence).
2. That thousands of Muslims were celebrating on roof tops in New Jersey (No evidence this ever happened).
3. That Obama was born in Kenya, not Hawaii. (To be fair he admitted that this was BS himself, but only after years of pushing it).
4. That justice Scalia was murdered. (Investigation found the cause of death to be natural causes).
5. That Ted Cruz's father helped kill Kennedy (No evidence that this was true).
6. Vaccines cause Autism. (Just plain wrong)
7. That Obama had his phones tapped in Trump Tower (Just plain wrong)
8. That the FBI placed a spy in his campaign and that Mueller and his assistants are meddling in the midterm elections. (That's where Shep Smith jumped in, pointing out what even Fox had to admit... that this is total bullshiit and there is absolutely no evidence to back any of this crap up)

And he does this shiit for one reason... to muddy the waters so that no one will know what to believe and Trump can get away with what he's currently doing. Again, Mueller was and is a life long Republican (like many on here). He was UNANIMOUSLY approved by the Senate after being nominated by a Republican President. He served under Obama as well. Hell Trump had him on his own short list to run the FBI again after Comey. BUT all of a sudden when he starts investigating Trump... he becomes incompetent, and a Hillary supporter (How many life long Republicans do you know that would break the law and risk jail and their entire careers for Hillary?). I don't even know what to say to this. Is it more likely that one guy who's played fast and loose with both the truth and the rules his entire life is doing the same thing he's always done OR is a laundry list of government agencies run by people who've been doing good work their entire lives/careers all working together to do something illegal?

Last edited:
Not a betting man either, but I'd be sorely tempted to take that action. Trump is simply making this shiit up to cover his own ass. He has taken money from the Russians in the past (the last time he was bankrupt... and that's not against the law) and met with them during his campaign to get elected b/c they supported him (again, unsavory... meeting with the enemy, but not illegal). BUT his staff (at least) also met with the purpose of getting information on Hillary for use against her (Again Donald Trump Jr's own emails prove this beyond a doubt). If that happened it IS most definitely illegal. So Trump is doing what he does best... making shiit up to attack anyone and everyone that's trying to prove what he did. And it's working. You actually believe that the DOJ/FBI/CIA/NSA and other agencies are ALL corrupt and have broken every oath they ever took to protect the nation and are trying to "get" poor Donald Trump who did nothing wrong. This is tin foil hat shiit...

Just FYI, here are some conspiracy theories that Trump has passed on to his rubes (I mean base). And you guys swallow every load he puts in your mouth...

1. The US government knew about 911 in advance and did nothing. (No evidence).
2. That thousands of Muslims were celebrating on roof tops in New Jersey (No evidence this ever happened).
3. That Obama was born in Kenya, not Hawaii. (To be fair he admitted that this was BS himself, but only after years of pushing it).
4. That justice Scalia was murdered. (Investigation found the cause of death to be natural causes).
5. That Ted Cruz's father helped kill Kennedy (No evidence that this was true).
6. Vaccines cause Autism. (Just plain wrong)
7. That Obama had his phones tapped in Trump Tower (Just plain wrong)
8. That the FBI placed a spy in his campaign and that Mueller and his assistants are meddling in the midterm elections. (That's where Shep Smith jumped in, pointing out what even Fox had to admit... that this is total bullshiit and there is absolutely no evidence to back any of this crap up)

And he does this shiit for one reason... to muddy the waters so that no one will know what to believe and Trump can get away with what he's currently doing. Again, Mueller was and is a life long Republican (like many on here). He was UNANIMOUSLY approved by the Senate after being nominated by a Republican President. He served under Obama as well. Hell Trump had him on his own short list to run the FBI again after Comey. BUT all of a sudden when he starts investigating Trump... he becomes incompetent, and a Hillary supporter (How many life long Republicans do you know that would break the law and risk jail and their entire careers for Hillary?). I don't even know what to say to this. Is it more likely that one guy who's played fast and loose with both the truth and the rules his entire life is doing the same thing he's always done OR is a laundry list of government agencies run by people who've been doing good work their entire lives/careers all working together to do something illegal?

I guess when the only two options are:

1) The entire government bureaucracy is in on a conspiracy to undermine the President and every one of those conspirators is an absolute steel trap who won't admit to anything
2) Donald Trump is a liar whose number one priority is Donald Trump

Option 1 is the only reasonable answer.

didnt you say this same shit a month ago? Like I said discussing anything with you is pointless, you are too far gone.

Has the IG report come out? No, but it's coming, right? Am I wrong? Also, you guys are forgetting about Huber. Why? Because the msm doesn't report on it. Maybe you should look at what Jonathon Turley has to say about it. He's a dem. I do read Breitbart, DailyCaller, Drudge. I listen to people like Alan Dershowitz, Turley, and Mark Levin, three of the best; intellectually relevant minds when it comes to the Constitution. two are dem; the other a conservative, but all have strong beliefs in civil liberties.
All Trump is doing is asking for the documents to be released. Do you not think he knows what's in those documents? He is the President. Don't you find it strange that Rosenstein rufuses to do so? Every time a little bit more info comes to light, it proves Trump right. No? Some of you guys act like we don't already have facts about what Obama's FBI/DOJ/CIA/NSA were doing and have testified aout. So who's lying, Comey or McCabe, Comey or Clapper, Ohr or Lynch? Do you not know that investigators were told to stand down, regarding the U1 investigation? The Email investigation? If not you're in for a rude awakening.

Has the IG report come out? No, but it's coming, right? Am I wrong? Also, you guys are forgetting about Huber. Why? Because the msm doesn't report on it. Maybe you should look at what Jonathon Turley has to say about it. He's a dem. I do read Breitbart, DailyCaller, Drudge. I listen to people like Alan Dershowitz, Turley, and Mark Levin, three of the best; intellectually relevant minds when it comes to the Constitution. two are dem; the other a conservative, but all have strong beliefs in civil liberties.
All Trump is doing is asking for the documents to be released. Do you not think he knows what's in those documents? He is the President. Don't you find it strange that Rosenstein rufuses to do so? Every time a little bit more info comes to light, it proves Trump right. No? Some of you guys act like we don't already have facts about what Obama's FBI/DOJ/CIA/NSA were doing and have testified aout. So who's lying, Comey or McCabe, Comey or Clapper, Ohr or Lynch? Do you not know that investigators were told to stand down, regarding the U1 investigation? The Email investigation? If not you're in for a rude awakening.

tenor.gif

Reactions: CUAngler
Surprise surprise! Trump implies that what Roseanne said is no worse than what they media say's about him. Color me shocked.

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that 'ABC does not tolerate comments like those' made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn't get the call?

Twitter

Nobody is going to engage you in a point by point debate because you word vomit so much stuff every post. Figure out what point you want to make and dial it in a little bit, maybe there is a bit of shared truth we can come to, but it won't happen when you write in this frantic stream of consciousness.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Nobody is going to engage you in a point by point debate because you word vomit so much stuff every post. Figure out what point you want to make and dial it in a little bit, maybe there is a bit of shared truth we can come to, but it won't happen when you write in this frantic stream of consciousness.

I don't think he's interested in having a real conversation on this, tbh. He's woefully underpaid for what a good Trump surrogate he is, though.

Sorry, not looking for a response. Just posing questions. Trying to get some people to think a little deeper than just regurgitating msm tripe.

flaw47 said:
I don't think he's interested in having a real conversation on this, tbh. He's woefully underpaid for what a good Trump surrogate he is, though.

Sorry, not looking for a response. Just posing questions. Trying to get some people to think a little deeper than just regurgitating msm tripe.

Wow that was fast confirmation.

If that was your goal why do you always come across so hostile, you have to know that works against your stated goal.

Getting people to think deeper requires getting their guard down. Trying to listen a little and earning the respect of your peers. I can't imagine you accomplish that on these boards.

Wow that was fast confirmation.

Well, I could have said you shills can't have a discussion on those points, because you're probably ignorant of most of it. I was just trying to be civil.
Don't worry, I'll be back, and all up in this, once the IG report and subsequent fallout occurs.

If that was your goal why do you always come across so hostile, you have to know that works against your stated goal.

Getting people to think deeper requires getting their guard down. Trying to listen a little and earning the respect of your peers. I can't imagine you accomplish that on these boards.

Well, go ahead and take over! I'm about to get too busy to carry on anyway.

He's going back to ESPN, ABC owns ESPN.

I didn't know what his controversy was. It seems like a dumb hire based on the tweets (I didn't know anything about this until I looked it up).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT