ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Snowden- Patriot or Traitor?

Originally posted by tigerGUY:
Originally posted by blythewood tigers:
I've listened to him many times now, this guy is an EXTREMLY intelligent individual, like the Matt Damon character in Good Will Hunting intelligent. He is the type of smart that doesn't need to go to school, just visualizes what needs to be done and simply does it. I think you get the picture. I am looking forward to the interview tonight and I am hoping it isn't "sanitized" like the 60 minutes "Flash Boys" interview was, that will suck if it is. People, American citizens deserve to know what is really going on and more importantly, the amount we are BORROWING against our children and grandchildren's/great-grandchildren's future.

With that said, I don't think the "normal" American citizen can comprehend or understand how RARE this is, a citizen with this type of government knowledge coming forward and not just explaining what is taking place EVERY single day, but laying it out in black and white. This guy knows more about these systems than ANYONE we will ever see on public TV.... ANYONE. Since the vast majority of people don't understand this, the government uses this ignorance to their advantage and plays the card of "damaging" or "endangering" our society. This is where it gets disgusting in my opinion.

I will bet my house, wife, child and dog that Snowden will talk about individual liberty or "our" liberties with MUCH emotion. If we don't understand how IMPORTANT our own liberties our than we are in VERY deep doo-doo people..... it ALL starts there and I don't care what you are talking about. This BS that we must sacrifice some liberties to keep us safe is THE oldest government trick in the book, literally THOUSANDS of years old!!! We must stop falling for this crap, i.e. The Patriot Act and others like them.

Do you want to know what a traitor or liar looks like that has LITERALLY killed HUNDREDS of thousands of human beings? Look no further than the last two Presidents of the U.S.A., these two guys have LIED to us and KILLED people for absolutely NO reason that did NOTHING to harm any of us. And we are concerned with Edward Snowden? Because the government say's he MAY harm us by spilling the beans he has collected.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't "may harm us" a use of words that represent what MAY happen in the future? And, killing hundreds of thousands of DOCUMENTED (FACT) people an act that has already happened and continues to happen to this day? I am not as smart as Snowden but I can tell there is a BIG difference between the two and I FEAR the later much more than the first.

Edward Snowden is a living American Patriot.
Preach it Brother!! The man has bigger nads and loves this country enough to literally lose his country and family for the American people. Apathy and ignorance of the American people is killing our country. He is a red, white and blue Patriot.
You have to be kidding. The guy loves his country and family so much that he would sell off extremely critical national secrets, unrelated to NSA programs in question, and therefore damage our country and the safety of its citizens, while advancing our enemies, just to save his own hide. That is not a patriot. A patriot sacrifices ones self, if necessary, to protect his country. This guy is not at all about sacrifice or protecting his country and family. If he was simply releasing info on detrimental NSA programs that he felt were unconstitutional at risk of personal bodily harm and loss of family, maybe you have a case. But that isnt what this guy has done. He would rather see his family and his country suffer, if necessary, to protect himself and profit off of his theft.

Initially, and I mean initially, a patriot. Since, his constant divulging of information and being on the run, a traitor. At this point, what is the "American", Edward Snowden trying to achieve? It's not being an American.

Like someone said above, peacekeeping is a tough business. I'm glad he stepped forward on what he believe were a fundamental right but those are limited. Dumping secrets............. die a slow a death.

Hopefully Brian Williams is relentless tonight. I'd like to get Jon Stewart on his ass.

It always amazes me every day, how much as a country, our mindsets as a whole, we have migrated away from individual liberty and into a consensus.

The American Edward Snowden is attempting, through the sacrifice of his own well-being, to demonstrate how corrupt our society has become. Not just our own society but every other country doing the same things. This country was founded as a REPUBLIC (not a democracy as you are continually told over and over on TV), where every citizen has a say as an INDIVIDUAL. This individual can challenge any group (private or public) if they so infringe on his or her liberties including the GOVERNMENT. THIS is what Edward Snowden is attempting do right now.

The US government is NOT in the business of peacekeeping, on the contrary, because peacekeeping IS an easy business. The tough business is to constantly stir the hornets nest and provoke animosity and hate. You know why? Its much more difficult (tough business) to stay at war, i.e. costs lives, money, resources, etc... and this explains why we borrow more currency for war/weapons than ALL other nations COMBINED! Peacekeeping is protecting our borders and country and leaving everybody else alone.

Traitor, the amount of lives he endangered by his so called alert to something anyone who hasn't had their head buried in the sand for 30 years already knew.

You have to be kidding. The guy loves his country and family so much that he would sell off extremely critical national secrets, unrelated to NSA programs in question, and therefore damage our country and the safety of its citizens, while advancing our enemies, just to save his own hide. That is not a patriot. A patriot sacrifices ones self, if necessary, to protect his country. This guy is not at all about sacrifice or protecting his country and family. If he was simply releasing info on detrimental NSA programs that he felt were unconstitutional at risk of personal bodily harm and loss of family, maybe you have a case. But that isnt what this guy has done. He would rather see his family and his country suffer, if necessary, to protect himself and profit off of his theft.

1Clemzunfan, you are describing what our last two presidents have ACTUALLY done already and are STILL doing to this day. Do you realize that?! You are just like what I hear on national news shows, "damage to our country and the safety of its citizens". Really? These idiots have caused ACTUAL death and destruction and you are acting like Snowden has done that already. Snowden has caused ZERO confirmed deaths and ZERO injuries.

Snowden is describing, IN DETAIL, how our government and MANY other governments around the world snoop, steal, invade, sabotage, hijack, confiscate, manipulate information, data, etc.. concerning our (citizens of the respective countries) daily lives. This isn't in any way going to make you less safe or put us in harms way anymore than what our government is doing to us right NOW! What they are doing to us is in the MAGNITUDE vs. Snowden!!

You have not heard Snowden say anything if you truly believe what you wrote down, this man knows more about our constitution and our liberties than our so-called president or any other politician that bumbles and fumbles on TV attempting to explain what is legal and not legal.

Traitor, the amount of lives he endangered by his so called alert to something anyone who hasn't had their head buried in the sand for 30 years already knew.

"the amount of lives he endangered". Who????????????? I haven't heard of any deaths, injuries, anything caused by Snowden!! Have you?
Because that is all I keep hearing from everyone that says Snowden is a traitor, he is endangering, jeopardizing, harming ALL of "these peoples" lives. Who??????? Name one person, one name from somebody, so we can all verify its authenticity.

I can give you a list of THOUSANDS of peoples lives that have been LOST by our last two presidents because of ACTUAL LIES, i.e. acting as a TRAITOR!!!

Originally posted by blythewood tigers:

1Clemzunfan, you are describing what our last two presidents have ACTUALLY done already and are STILL doing to this day. Do you realize that?! You are just like what I hear on national news shows, "damage to our country and the safety of its citizens". Really? These idiots have caused ACTUAL death and destruction and you are acting like Snowden has done that already. Snowden has caused ZERO confirmed deaths and ZERO injuries.

Snowden is describing, IN DETAIL, how our government and MANY other governments around the world snoop, steal, invade, sabotage, hijack, confiscate, manipulate information, data, etc.. concerning our (citizens of the respective countries) daily lives. This isn't in any way going to make you less safe or put us in harms way anymore than what our government is doing to us right NOW! What they are doing to us is in the MAGNITUDE vs. Snowden!!

You have not heard Snowden say anything if you truly believe what you wrote down, this man knows more about our constitution and our liberties than our so-called president or any other politician that bumbles and fumbles on TV attempting to explain what is legal and not legal.
LOL... you act like this NSA program was on the verge of taking your life and he saved you, while jumping on the grenade himself. Whether constitutional or not, the safety of you and your family were not in jeopardy before Snowden leaked details on the NSA. That is not the case now. He has done you and your family the great "patriotic" service of sharing key military secrets that without question impact the ability of our country's military to defend you and your family against attack, should it ever come. What was unconstitutional about oir black budget that required he steal it? What was unconstitutional about the details of secret military installations and blue prints? What was unconstitutional about the security infrastructure protecting our nations most treasured security secrets? Not one damn thing. So why di he take them? Do you think you are safer because those secrets are likely in the hands of the Russians and Chinese or anyone else willing to pay for them or provide him safety for his crimes? Do you think he took all of that data to protect you and your loved ones, or to use as protection for himself? Surely you are not that nieve.

this man is no patriot. If he launched a csmpaign to expose something he felt was unconstitutional and risked his own life to.save you, maybe I buy it. But he had no intention of sacrificing himself if necessary, as any true patriot would do, to protect his country. He took the detonator necessary to destroy the USA, with your familily in it, and with every intention of using it if it meant saving his own hide and profiting off of it.

This giy is no patriot. Your family is in more danger now than before because of hi, as is mine. He does not care about your family or mine so quit pretending he does. He cares about himself. He has not intentions of sacrificing himself for you or me or anyone we love here at home in the greatest country in the world.

All of our NSA programs may or may not prove to be constitutional, but I will guarandamntee you one thing that is not constitionional - stealing and turning over some of our nations most critical defense and security information to our enemies. There is nothing patriotic about that.

LOL... you act like this NSA program was on the verge of taking your life and he saved you, while jumping on the grenade himself. Whether constitutional or not, the safety of you and your family were not in jeopardy before Snowden leaked details on the NSA. That is not the case now. He has done you and your family the great "patriotic" service of sharing key military secrets that without question impact the ability of our country's military to defend you and your family against attack, should it ever come. What was unconstitutional about oir black budget that required he steal it? What was unconstitutional about the details of secret military installations and blue prints? What was unconstitutional about the security infrastructure protecting our nations most treasured security secrets? Not one damn thing. So why di he take them? Do you think you are safer because those secrets are likely in the hands of the Russians and Chinese or anyone else willing to pay for them or provide him safety for his crimes? Do you think he took all of that data to protect you and your loved ones, or to use as protection for himself? Surely you are not that nieve.

this man is no patriot. If he launched a csmpaign to expose something he felt was unconstitutional and risked his own life to.save you, maybe I buy it. But he had no intention of sacrificing himself if necessary, as any true patriot would do, to protect his country. He took the detonator necessary to destroy the USA, with your familily in it, and with every intention of using it if it meant saving his own hide and profiting off of it.

This giy is no patriot. Your family is in more danger now than before because of hi, as is mine. He does not care about your family or mine so quit pretending he does. He cares about himself. He has not intentions of sacrificing himself for you or me or anyone we love here at home in the greatest country in the world.

All of our NSA programs may or may not prove to be constitutional, but I will guarandamntee you one thing that is not constitionional - stealing and turning over some of our nations most critical defense and security information to our enemies. There is nothing patriotic about that.

It is unbelievable how paranoid and flat out scared our citizens our of these "people" that are always about to "attack" us. I can see first-hand how these campaigns of fear have worked extremely well. How do you sleep at night? Snowden has you up at night even MORE now? Every bump at night causes you to do what... grab the pistol and fire a couple warning shots in the air?

Why do you keep referring to "military" secrets? Is that what you believe Snowden got and is divulging to every rouge country? You seem pretty convinced but I guess I missed all of those articles, news broadcasts, etc.. spreading that information. The information I have received from Snowden himself is that this is information retrieved ILLIGALLY from our own country concerning every American citizen. NOT information for other countries, I don't know who said that, who was it that made these claims you are referring too?

I will say this again, Edward Snowden is NOT about exposing military secrets or "aiding our (so-called) enemies", Snowden IS about protecting our liberties!! More specifically American Liberties that once existed!! If the military happens to be involved with infringing these liberties than personally I don't give a sh*t what was exposed because whatever it was has already been proven to NOT make you any safer.

Did you just say you've spoken to him personally?

Lorde Jameis...we got us another tinfoiler!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Nope.

When I say "the information I have received", could that possibly mean received by Snowden personally, by radio, by TV, by the Internet or in a book? The answer is, all of the above, and hopefully obvious to you it probably wasn't by Snowden himself.

Lol! When you say, "The information I have received from Snowden himself" doesn't make it sound like you are reading something of his off of the internet but with first-person experience, dipshit.

Goodness...you're pathetic.

Lol! When you say, "The information I have received from Snowden himself" doesn't make it sound like you are reading something of his off of the internet but with first-person experience, dipshit.

Goodness...you're pathetic.

Well... This post definitely confirmed my suspicion about you personally. And that is, if you don't agree with someone, attack them with name calling and the maturity of a teenager. I guess if you ever receive something you receive in second or third person? That just seems a little weird to me, sorry for the confusion it caused writing in first person.

No I just don't claim to have spoken to someone personally when in fact I just read an article off the internet. If you can't understand how you sentence was misleading then that's on you, pal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT