ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Son's Navy Pilot School Journey (Update 07/10/2024 at end of thread)

MoneMan

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2019
Lake Keowee
Just back from Pensacola, FL where wife and I went down to see our son (2018 Clemson grad) graduate from Navy pilot ground school. He has to report to Corpus Christi for primary by today. We were not allowed to attend his OCS graduation due to COVID, and wanted to support his journey.

Wife and I spent a couple of extra days there going to a couple of beaches (Pensacola and Navarre), as well as meeting my son for some good food around there on several occasions.

Anyway, the graduation was held in the Naval Aviation Museum. There was about 40 grads. Before the ceremony, the CO came around and talked to the parents attending (probably about 10 families all told). He told me he had been in 28 years and was a helo pilot. We talked about my dad flying the Huey in Nam. He seemed to really care about his charges. After the ceremony, our son gave us a tour of the museum. An amazing place, with a lot of history, and some incredible aircraft on display. Not sure if it was planned or not, but after the museum tour, we went out to the airfield and got to watch the Blue Angel's practice their show. They will be Rome, GA this weekend, and I only can hope they do a fly over for the FSU game. I have seen the Blue Angel's before, but never that close. All I can say is OMG! The skill, the precision, and the nerves it must take to perform the way they do is unimaginable.

I have some great pics and videos of the ceremony, the museum, and the Blue Angel's show, but I have tried everyone's suggestions to post pics on TI, and have never had any luck. Sorry about my lack of dexterity on the site.

We are very proud of our son as he continues his journey, so I thought I would share with the TI Clemson community. Sometimes life puts in perspective that some games just mean more than others.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.