ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Spam phone calls

ClemOpie

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2011
Greenville
Curious if anyone knows of an app that will do something like auto-answer and filter calls not in your contacts and ask them to key a number before a call goes through?

I get a ton of spam calls and it's all from one company. I also need to accept calls not in my contact list from real people.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Reactions: OCG89
I don't know of an app that blocks all these spam calls but I think legislatures are looking into this matter.

I think I read on TWSJ or TNYT that it's actually a pretty complicated ordeal - not as easy as simply fining Company XYZ. It has a lot to do with international lines and such … I have to go back and reread the article

att has a free app that works pretty good. its call call protect

T Mobile does the "Scam Likely" instead of showing the number. A few still get through, but works about 75% of the time.

Reactions: Daytontiger
Have you submitted your number to the national do not call registry? Took care of pretty much all the spam calls.

In the past week, I've probably gotten 5-10 calls/day from unknown numbers from about every other state. I've never had spam calls like this, but it's gotten pretty intense out of nowhere. Blocking each caller seems to be helping.

ADVERTISEMENT