ADVERTISEMENT

OT: strong parenting or abuse?

One Fingerd Fist

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2005
After reading the article I was furious. Furious that the local authorities thought they had a right to even voice their opinion. What do you think?

Move that rock

Without seeing the police video, I would hold my final judgement, but I tend to agree with you. It may be unconventional, but child cruelty seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

To play devil's advocate what would the outrage be if the pizza guy called the cops, and they ignored it and the kid did get severely hurt.

I don't have a problem with them checking in to it, but the charge is unwarranted in my opinion.

4'2" 16 year old?

Child abuse no, midget abuse... Quite possibly.

I see point. But I find it unlikely a 16 year old would be severely hurt carrying a rock. Considering what the kid was made to do, is comparable to what young athletes do daily while training for football.

We flipped giant tires, and did 100 yard lunges. Sure it felt like abuse to my young mind. But so did running sprints. I bet the pizza guy was mad about his tip.

It looks like the fat ass cop could use some tough love also by making him work of several pounds and stand away from the donuts. Really? A father (ex-military) trying to instill some discipline in his son. Granted it was a little harsh but if it keeps his son off the streets it was worth it for both of them.

Kid might have some developmental issues if he's not much more than 4' tall at age 16.

Got to be a typo, right?

It sounds like that man is a good father that wants to instill some discipline in his son. The police have no business sticking their nose into this situation.

I commend that man and wish we had more fathers like him in America.

Heck no it's not child abuse. If more father's actually instilled discipline in the lives of their sons this country wouldn't have many of the problems it has.

Although I wouldn't consider it abuse, it ain't right. Boys especially need discipline that makes sense. This was stupid. How do you follow up with "I love you son. Dad wants the best for you. That's why you're carryin' the rock. We'll get together and do some more rock carrying tomorrow."

Originally posted by TheMoose:
Heck no it's not child abuse. If more father's actually instilled discipline in the lives of their sons this country wouldn't have many of the problems it has.
yea! wed get rid of most of the gays for sure

Devils advocate:Just so i understand.. how many of you alphas had your fathers punish you with carrying a 23 lb rock 3miles at 3am when you were 4foot 2inches tall and it was a school night? I was about 50 pounds when I was that heighT but i was also 6.

Nothing was said about how many times the Dad had discussed the issues with his son and what other punishments he had tried. There were times when I was younger than 16 that my Dad punished me by sending my brother and I to the pasture to pick up rocks. Of course there were also days when I was 13-15 that I would spend all day loading bales of hay on a flatbed and then hoist them into the barn loft and stack them for $.05 a bale.

Iceheart you are nothing but a tool. Who said anything about homosexuality? By the way, how many youths that have grown up without any male guidance have you worked with?

Lawyer up and sue police department...children have to have discipline...an

every situation is different... I'm 61 yrs old and I can tell you that lack of discipline at home and at SCHOOL... has been the downfall for a lot of kids especially with both parents working or in ALL the single parent homes today.
In my day a lot of us had rather tote a rock than getting our backsides scorched !
Discipline works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT