ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Talk me out of/into moving

TigerEE91

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
NYC
www.google.com
I have lived in FL for 20 years and now am in a position where I can live anywhere ( just need to be able to drive to an airport on occasion ). My wife's parents live half the year in Cashiers, NC and she likes western NC. I do have a son going into 8th grade so schools and that sort of thing semi-factors into the decision, although FL schools suck so I don't see that we'd be giving up too much.

My biggest "pros" are the weather (I have grown to hate FL from June to October, sue me), the mountain scenery, and the proximity to Clemson. Really the biggest con I see is just the sheer fact of moving.

I figured some of you would have an opinion...curious to hear your thoughts.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Even though the move is rough and can be rough for your son, how can you go wrong being in the mountains and near Clemson? I wish you well in what you decide.

If you can afford Lake Keowee, it's pretty sweet, and it's a fairly quick ride to Cashiers from there.

TigerEE91.....I lived in Florida almost 11 years and had the same feelings you do and the people suck in South Florida. I moved to the upstate and I don't regret it one bit. Wish I had done it 3 years ago. Economy here is much better here and has way more GROWTH in the next 5 years. I believe Florida has peaked.

Anderson, has lake hartwell, east to get to the mts, not far at all, just the right size, get to other side of Anderson fast and easy,
real easy to get to clemson, greenville a 20 minute ride. schools are nice also !

If you can move ANYWHERE, I'd move out west. Just don't go too far west, or things get weird.

Waiting 4 more years for your son is the obvious answer. But if you must, now would be the time before highschool.

I love the mountains too but not sure I could live there. I'd probably get cabin fever after a few weeks. Greenville is very nice or maybe a decent sized town in the mountains. We stopped downtown bervard, I think it was, which seemed very nice. And of course if you could pull a house on keowee off highway 11, you'd be set.

ADVERTISEMENT