ADVERTISEMENT

OT: WHO

ArmyTiger27

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Maybe losing $500 mill annually will get their attention. Corrupt bastards.

Trump declared that the United States would undertake a 60-to-90 day investigation into why the "China-centric" WHO had caused "so much death" by "severely mismanaging and covering up" the coronavirus' spread, including by making the "disastrous" decision to oppose travel restrictions on China.

The United States is the WHO's largest single donor, and the State Department had previously planned to provide the agency $893 million in the current two-year funding period. Trump said the United States contributes roughly $400 to $500 million per year to WHO, while China offers only about $40 million. The money saved will go to areas that "most need it," Trump asserted.

It’s a hack organization that just jets around world. The leader wouldn’t acknowledge Hong Kong as a sovereign nation .. referee to them as China doing a good job then refused to acknowledge when it was repeated .

My preliminary research says give it to Doctors Without Borders but I’m in the early stages .

Reactions: ArmyTiger27
Maybe losing $500 mill annually will get their attention. Corrupt bastards.

Trump declared that the United States would undertake a 60-to-90 day investigation into why the "China-centric" WHO had caused "so much death" by "severely mismanaging and covering up" the coronavirus' spread, including by making the "disastrous" decision to oppose travel restrictions on China.

The United States is the WHO's largest single donor, and the State Department had previously planned to provide the agency $893 million in the current two-year funding period. Trump said the United States contributes roughly $400 to $500 million per year to WHO, while China offers only about $40 million. The money saved will go to areas that "most need it," Trump asserted.

I have to give Trump credit. He has an uncanny ability to create boogeymen so his disciples never blame him for anything.

I see he's still living rent free at your place.

Yes you got me. The incredibly incompetent president of the country that I am a citizen of is living rent free in my head. I should just not care that the reality TV show host that a bunch of simpletons votes for is in charge of my family’s wellbeing. Yes, you got me.

Really bright move by POTUS. In the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years, get in a pissing contest with the World Health Organization. Just Brilliant! And his dumbass supporters will eat it up.

Really bright move by POTUS. In the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years, get in a pissing contest with the World Health Organization. Just Brilliant! And his dumbass supporters will eat it up.

Disagree.

Giving half a billion dollars annually to an organization that did nothing but sat on its hands and regurgitated China's lies isn't where I want our money.

I'm thankful we're finally holding others accountable for their actions. Not sweeping it under the rug 'diplomatically'.

Reactions: 1983Grad
Disagree.

Giving half a billion dollars annually to an organization that did nothing but sat on its hands and regurgitated China's lies isn't where I want our money.

I'm thankful we're finally holding others accountable for their actions. Not sweeping it under the rug 'diplomatically'.

Have you seen Trump's January 24 tweet thanking China for its efforts against the virus; Saying it will all work out, well thanking china for its transparency? Trump's tactic has been to say its" all under control"; "it will magically disappear"; "its all a media hoax"; "it's the governors' fault"; "if you want a test, you can get a test"; "there is no medical equipment shortage"; "medial personnel are selling equipment on the black market"; "I take no responsibility"; "WHO is at fault". If that's leadership, I'm a Chinese astronaut.

Disagree.

Literally everyone in the world except the Republican party are panning this move.

Reactions: iceheart08
Have you seen Trump's January 24 tweet thanking China for its efforts against the virus; Saying it will all work out, well thanking china for its transparency? Trump's tactic has been to say its" all under control"; "it will magically disappear"; "its all a media hoax"; "it's the governors' fault"; "if you want a test, you can get a test"; "there is no medical equipment shortage"; "medial personnel are selling equipment on the black market"; "I take no responsibility"; "WHO is at fault". If that's leadership, I'm a Chinese astronaut.

He was relaying what was being released by the World Health Organization.

Ninety-five percent of coronavirus infections could have been averted had China acted three weeks earlier. But officials spent more than a month trying to hide the problem instead of acting to contain it — or warn the world.

It's clear he can't rely on an organization formed at preventing these type of outcomes.

They failed everyone and his mistake was relying on them.

He was relaying what was being released by the World Health Organization.

Ninety-five percent of coronavirus infections could have been averted had China acted three weeks earlier. But officials spent more than a month trying to hide the problem instead of acting to contain it — or warn the world.

It's clear he can't rely on an organization formed at preventing these type of outcomes.

They failed everyone and his mistake was relying on them.

OMG, Trump will be after you next. You said his MISTAKE was relying on WHO. Traitor...Trump doesn't make mistakes and his handling of this pandemic is a 10 of 10... just ask him.

Do you actually THINK that the WHO gets to walk into China and do whatever they want? How far do you think they'd make it if they tried to fly into NYC and get data and start testing? I'm no fan of the WHO, but even a Trumpian like yourself should to know that the WHO is subject to whatever country they are operating in. So they have to toe the line that the local government gives them, or they can't operate at all... It's one of the reasons that the WHO (and the UN in general is so ineffective).

And if I know that, shouldn't the leader of the free world know it?

OMG, Trump will be after you next. You said his MISTAKE was relying on WHO. Traitor...Trump doesn't make mistakes and his handling of this pandemic is a 10 of 10... just ask him.

Do you actually THINK that the WHO gets to walk into China and do whatever they want? How far do you think they'd make it if they tried to fly into NYC and get data and start testing? I'm no fan of the WHO, but even a Trumpian like yourself should to know that the WHO is subject to whatever country they are operating in. So they have to toe the line that the local government gives them, or they can't operate at all... It's one of the reasons that the WHO (and the UN in general is so ineffective).
q?

Just so I’m following.. The UN and WHO are ineffective yet we should continue to hand them half a billion+ annually?

I’m a Trumpian? I mean, we can act 13 and get into name calling...

giphy.gif

Just so I’m following.. The UN and WHO are ineffective yet we should continue to hand them half a billion+ annually?

I’m a Trumpian? I mean, we can act 13 and get into name calling...
Sleepy Joe
Pocahantas
Crazy Bernie
etc

Way to accidentally insult your God.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
Sleepy Joe
Pocahantas
Crazy Bernie
etc

Way to accidentally insult your God.

I didn’t vote for trump. I’m just not as narrow minded as most and can see both sides of the fence.

you should give it a try sometime.

I didn’t vote for trump. I’m just not as narrow minded as most and can see both sides of the fence.

you should give it a try sometime.

You'd think all these brand new experts on worldwide disease mitigation and healthcare would have at least looked up how much money we actually give to the WHO. hot take: its not $500 million a year.

You'd think all these brand new experts on worldwide disease mitigation and healthcare would have at least looked up how much money we actually give to the WHO. hot take: its not $500 million a year.

bet it’s more than China’s 40 million?

thats fine, move the goalposts.

So fill me in on the numbers since you’re privy to them but the State Dept isn’t.

“The United States has committed to provide the agency with $893 million during its current two-year funding period, a State Department spokesperson said. The figure comports with donor information provided by the WHO, which lists the United States as the largest donor.”

that’s from the Washington post so let’s get the source name calling outta the way.

your move.

You sure are fixated on this vulgar metaphor. I bet you giggle when you get a chance to work it into a thread.
I actually do... It really seems to fit. I just shake my head when the party (my party for most of my life) that used to actually stand for something like the constitution, just follows Trumps lead like a gaggle of well paid hookers, vapidly agreeing with whatever he throws out there.

I actually do... It really seems to fit.

Ok. I was starting to think that it was on your mind a lot because of some sense of self loathing, but I didn't know polite way to ask that.

Good to know that you are just another run of the mill ignorant triggered person lacking in class.

Ok. I was starting to think that it was on your mind a lot because of some sense of self loathing, but I didn't know polite way to ask that.

Good to know that you are just another run of the mill ignorant triggered person lacking in class.

It's going to be really funny in a year or 5 when some Democratic President decides without any input from congress that health care is a "National emergency". And starts taking money from wherever to support that. Remember that according to Trump, the President (and only the President) decides what a national emergency is and can then divert money from the federal government to cover it.

It's going to be really funny in a year or 5 when some Democratic President decides without any input from congress that health care is a "National emergency". And starts taking money from wherever to support that. Remember that according to Trump, the President (and only the President) decides what a national emergency is and can then divert money from the federal government to cover it.

Stop with the fear mongering. Trump has done nothing that somehow enables future Democrat shennanigans. They will do whatever they want.

Title 50 U.S.C. Section 1601, Otherwise known as the National Emergencies Act .. clearly sets forth the President's authorities in times of crisis (as delegated by congress) and the means for congress to terminate the provisions of that act or a declared emergency.

I actually do... It really seems to fit. I just shake my head when the party (my party for most of my life) that used to actually stand for something like the constitution, just follows Trumps lead like a gaggle of well paid hookers, vapidly agreeing with whatever he throws out there.

The repubs put up two horrible establishment candidates in a row (neither of which were a serious to win, nor were they conservative) and would have lost again but not for Trump (who is not a conservative either).

Trump is at least appointing judges who aren't political activists. He is at least trying to stop sending our tax dollars overseas to subsidize the world. Perfect? No. But the other thing that he did is shake things up and actually show people that it is ok to speak up and voice an opinion and call bullshit on political group-think.

Are the Dems any more constituionalist than Trump? I personally don't think so.

I thought I knew what I was voting for when I voted for Trump, and he's pretty much giving me that. I voted for a nationalist bully. A change agent to shake up the status quo. The opposite of a professional politician. And I knew that there was going to be some Ugly to go along with that choice. And there is no shortage of ugly. Some of it self-inflicted by Trump... but a lot of ugly is only being brought into the light of day because Trump's very existance brought it out into the open.

Personally, I think that he needs another 4 years to complete the job of shaking things up. After that, I'd love to see the Republicans put forth a better, "nicer" candidate so everyone can feel better and who will clean up some of the wreckage left over from Trump.

Edit: Wow this is a total hijack of this thread. Sorry OP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT