ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St Walks Back Earlier Claim on Myocarditis

vNCJOg.gif

Dr./Scientist gives FACTS from a study. FACTS turn out to be BS. Dr./Scientist "sorry for the confusion" and "clarifies" statement.
This is why I don't believe "science" anymore. Gone are the days where something was proven in an actual experiment/study. Now science has too often become either our best guess based on limited data or bad information from some computer model with bias built in the model itself or entered in by selective data choice. I am extremely skeptical of computer modeled science.
A large part of the problem is that much of the funding for "science" comes from groups who are looking for validation of their ideas and the scientist know that their funding will dry up if the "science" does not lead to the desired outcome.

So the dumbass communicated something not based on fact that others would accept because of his credentials. Question everything, question everything....

Makes a statement saying 30-35% of Big Ten athletes have myocarditis. Then clarifies and says the study doesn’t apply to Penn St or the Big Ten.

Are you f’ing kidding me? This damn year.

Dr./Scientist gives FACTS from a study. FACTS turn out to be BS. Dr./Scientist "sorry for the confusion" and "clarifies" statement.
This is why I don't believe "science" anymore. Gone are the days where something was proven in an actual experiment/study. Now science has too often become either our best guess based on limited data or bad information from some computer model with bias built in the model itself or entered in by selective data choice. I am extremely skeptical of computer modeled science.
A large part of the problem is that much of the funding for "science" comes from groups who are looking for validation of their ideas and the scientist know that their funding will dry up if the "science" does not lead to the desired outcome.

not sure you should write off “science” in totality because one doctor at penn state said something stupid.

This is 100% accurate

Exactly.

not sure you should write off “science” in totality because one doctor at penn state said something stupid.
It’s not just him. Not to make all about COVID, but look at how much contradiction there has been in the modeling and recommendations just with that one issue. To make the problem worse, all types of media take anything they find and put it out without any qualifications or warning that may have been in the fine print or pick limited parts of a study and quote it with no context.

Sorry, the L1G is just a bunch of whiny cry babies (keeping it PG but wanted to say something else) starting at the top with the Commish down to every school.

Also - if the PSU President had a sack, he'd be on the phone with Swoffie begging to join the ACC. Would love to see Penn St in our conference.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT