ADVERTISEMENT

Photo ID

Should we be required to show photo ID to vote?

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
In most states the only gov't issued photo ID is a drivers license so if you don't drive you can't vote. That ain't right.

which states dont issue a photo id?

i know maine, sc, nc, and utah all offer photo id's

you have to have a photo id to even exist in the states.

you cant open an account at a bank,
you cant cash a check,
you cant check a book out at the library,

you cant do much without a photo id.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
who would say no to this besides illegals, people wanting to rig the system,etc.....

You should have to always verify who you are. If that is not happening in sone states-sites we have a big problem

voting is the only form of american function that does not require a phot id and its the most important function

liberals argue that it infringes the poor- thats bullshyt.

In most states the only gov't issued photo ID is a drivers license so if you don't drive you can't vote. That ain't right.
This can't be true. What if your vision is too poor to drive (eg, many senior citizens), you cannot get a govt issued ID? What about if you are blind, sorry, no ID for you? What if you had a disability that prevented you from driving (eg, amputee or some medical condition), sorry, no ID for you either?

I have never heard of a state that does not issue Govt issued IDs for any US resident - regardless of whether you drive.

Last edited:
This can't be true. What if you're vision is too poor to drive (eg, many senior citizens), you cannot get a govt issued ID? What about if you are blind, sorry, no ID for you? What if you had a disability that prevented you from driving (eg, amputee or some medical condition), sorry, no ID for you either?

I have never heard of a state that does not issue Govt issued IDs for any US resident - regardless of whether you drive.

i think thats another lie the liberals throw out there.

Used to say yes, but have changed my mind. Almost no evidence of voter fraud, stiff penalties already in place if caught, such a time consuming and likely low impact crime.

Photo id laws are intended to prevent the urban population from voting. Now if the US adopted sine type of universal government issued photo id I'd be in favor of the requirement, but I would be against the US using a universal ID.

Used to say yes, but have changed my mind. Almost no evidence of voter fraud, stiff penalties already in place if caught, such a time consuming and likely low impact crime.

Photo id laws are intended to prevent the urban population from voting. Now if the US adopted sine type of universal government issued photo id I'd be in favor of the requirement, but I would be against the US using a universal ID.

that makes no sense at all toolucky.

ive worked at voter precints and see it for myself.

talk to any voter registration manager in private and they all talk about it. just cant do anything about it until legislators step up to the plate.

Expense is not the biggest problem here, the difficulty in getting non drivers license photo ID s can be quite cumbersome in some states.

Have a voter registration process, detain any one who attempts to vote on an already claimed SSN without a voter ID, prosecute to the highest

that makes no sense at all toolucky.

ive worked at voter precints and see it for myself.

talk to any voter registration manager in private and they all talk about it. just cant do anything about it until legislators step up to the plate.
That is a great story that i don't care about, show me evidence of voter fraud, studies I've seen have indicated like 95 percent of supposed voter fraud is poll workers screwing up and marking off the wrong name, usually an identical first last combo.

I agree that they an be expensive. But there is nobody that can say they can't get an ID. Every US citizen can get one.

yea passports are for the middle and upper classes

poor people cant afford paasports and cant afford to travel abroad.

imagine buying 4 passports for you family to travel to europe and you are a janitor and your wife a housekeeper

that cost would be like 2 months of your salary.

they just cant afford that lifestyle.

their vacation is camping at the lake, beach, or in the mtns.

That is a great story that i don't care about, show me evidence of voter fraud, studies I've seen have indicated like 95 percent of supposed voter fraud is poll workers screwing up and marking off the wrong name, usually an identical first last combo.

my only evidence is first hand knowledge of working precincts.

i dont like to rest my laurels on "studies"

Expense is not the biggest problem here, the difficulty in getting non drivers license photo ID s can be quite cumbersome in some states.

Have a voter registration process, detain any one who attempts to vote on an already claimed SSN without a voter ID, prosecute to the highest

how is getting a photo id "quite cumbersome"?

Dear Lord.

If you're over the age of 18, by law, you are required to carry a government issued ID. The DMV issues ID cards for those that don't have a drivers license.

So I'm confused that it's illegal to not have an ID, but it's okay to vote if you don't have one.

Yes, but IDs should be free and easy to obtain, which is not the case in most states.

Also anybody that believes voter ID laws are mainly about preventing fraud and not about suppressing votes either is new to politics or not smart.

the most expensive phot id i have seen is $10

even the poorest of the poor only has to work 2 hours shoveling shyt to be able to buy one.

App... I think you and I can agree on a subset of this, if not the primary issue...

Procedures to identify, detain and prosecute voter fraud need to be in place regardless of photo id requirements... Anyone caught needs to do time.

Not calling you a liar, but I have a difficult time believing that some 88 year old man who hasn't driven in 8 years would not be issued an ID through any state's DMV. Or that someone legally blind since birth has no way of obtaining a state issued picture ID. But I shouldn't be surprised at anything a gov't agency does or does not do I guess.

App... I think you and I can agree on a subset of this, if not the primary issue...

Procedures to identify, detain and prosecute voter fraud need to be in place regardless of photo id requirements... Anyone caught needs to do time.

ahh, im not all for detaining and prosecuting people for wanting to vote illegally.

what hillary has done is far worse on the grand scale and she walks, be totally unfair to put average people in jail or tie up court systems.

im just saying with the corruption we have no witnessed with evidence, that it should not be hard for states to jump on the bandwagon to require photo ids this election.

those who have been cheating will be turned away if they try. looking forward for the positivie aspects of making our votes counts should be the goal.

if i go vote legally, then an illegal votes right behind me opposite my vote, then my vote is obsolete.

That's wrong. That would not be Constitutional. You can get IDs and get free transportation to get one.
So who is providing the free transportation??? What happens if you live 50 miles from the photo site?? Who are you going to get to give you the ride???

The problem is proof of birth/citizenship and proof of residence

Which both should be required to vote given the idea and requirements to vote.

Many people move often and within the same year. And even I have to think a minute and go searching for my birth certificate.

Luckily for me I have three government issued photo ids. DL passport and Military ID.

I also have one of those. Voter registration cards.

Our government could easily create a voter ID for those that dont have an ID

ADVERTISEMENT