ADVERTISEMENT

Photo ID

Should we be required to show photo ID to vote?

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
i'm not saying it would be inefficent for a candidate. i'm saying it would be inefficent for an operative. the logistics of impersonating enough voters to matter is difficult.

the video posted above shows someone who got caught for voting 8 times, she got a 5 year prison sentence. that is my biggest point, it is a crime that is only worth it if you are able to do it several thousand times, and the logisitics of doing so are very difficult, and any operation that was sophisticated enough to pull it off would leave hundreds of witnesses and a trail right back to you.
Voter fraud has been around as long as voting has. There's a reason the Iraqi's had to dip their thumbs in purple ink when voting after the butcher of Baghdad was deposed.

Do a tiny bit of research about the election of Nixon vs Kennedy. The whole thing boiled down to Illinois and ultimately to one county there. A little bit of voter fraud can go a long way. Look at Bush/Gore in Dade county FL if you want a more recent example.

Everyone should have some form of government-issued photo id-at least one, at least eventually to vote. A state and federal requirement that voters must have one is proper. We declare a few to several year grace period before it's law. No excuses for any citizen not to have one. All of that said, voter fraud appears to be much more urban legend than proven reality. The most recent spate of voter ID law was created to suppress minority votes. That is obvious.

Last edited:
jury is in--

315 people think a photo id is common sense and secure that only american citizens will vote.

only 24 people think that illegal immigrants should be able to vote.

the most expensive phot id i have seen is $10

even the poorest of the poor only has to work 2 hours shoveling shyt to be able to buy one.
This is an ignorant post. I've worked with the poorest of the poor and they don't have $10 to spare. They're often senior citizens or the disabled whose only income is social security or disability, if that, and not enough to cover their basic food and shelter expenses.

I think it is interesting that many of the people and politicians who argue so fervently against gun control laws, are the very same ones proposing and passing voter restriction laws. Voter restrictions target poor people and minorities, who -not coincidentally- tend to vote for Democrats.

Reactions: ColumbianTigerinATL
It costs $985 + $85 (biometric services) to apply for a green card.
I was being alitlle ting and cheek, but since you looked this up on the immigration site, The $985 is an application fee. Pays for processing of app. no card is guaranteed with these payments. These fees are to process a foreigner. The cost to process an American citizen would be minimal, because you filling out a piece of paper and providing proof of cotizenship( ssn, etc). Similar to getting a drivers license. I Believe that even the loaded cost to produce a card similar to a license would be negligible and would be worth it

This is an ignorant post. I've worked with the poorest of the poor and they don't have $10 to spare. They're often senior citizens or the disabled whose only income is social security or disability, if that, and not enough to cover their basic food and shelter expenses.

I think it is interesting that many of the people and politicians who argue so fervently against gun control laws, are the very same ones proposing and passing voter restriction laws. Voter restrictions target poor people and minorities, who -not coincidentally- tend to vote for Democrats.

@scullman

"senior citizens or the disabled whose only income is social security or disability."

im under the impression that to receive government aid or get a social security check, you already have a photo id.

can you a for social security or earn ss credit without a photo id? can you apply for disability and not be required to show a photo id?

the phot id law is discriminatory- but not against legal american citizens.

2 things---

i just dont think that illegal aliens or immigrants or humans that are citizens of a different country have the right to vote in american elections.

and i think all legal americans ought to have a birth certificate, a social security card, and a photo ID.

would you tell your kids, dont worry about a photo ID. you can achieve all you can be in america without one.

not requiring a photo id, to me, is suppressing the poor from lifting themselves out of poverty.

as soon as you let your kids go, those 3 things are ESSENTIAL for survival in our system.

there are organizations that will help transport and pay for everyone to get their id. that very much includes Appalachia and poor white folk too. Again, I stress, there should be a long grace period before someone can be turned away from voting. It is in society's best interest that everyone can identify themselves. these laws, however, were intended to suppress minority voting. That part is hateful, disgusting. longer term though, no excuses for anyone, plenty of advance notice.

Last edited:
there are organizations that will help transport and pay for everyone to get their id. Again, I stress, there should be a long grace period before someone can be turned away from voting. It is in society's best interest that everyone can identify themselves. these laws, however, were intended to suppress minority voting. That part is hateful, disgusting. longer term though, no excuses for anyone, plenty of advance notice.

i just dont understand how it suppresses minority voting.

is requiring a photo id suppressing minorities from purchasing beer or buying cigaretes or opening a checking acct?

i just dont buy it.

i cant fathom how you can say im a racist for supporting the idea that to vote you must show a photo id to prove that you are an american citizen.

is requiring a photo id suppressing minorities from purchasing beer or buying cigaretes or opening a checking acct?

i just dont buy it.

i cant fathom how you can say im a racist for supporting the idea that to vote you must show a photo id to prove that you are an american citizen.

Driver's licenses do not necessarily prove this.

simply put, as of now, it would disproportionately affect minorities, thereby suppressing minority voting.

i just dont buy it.

because

there are organizations that will help transport and pay for everyone to get their id. that very much includes Appalachia and poor white folk too. Again, I stress, there should be a long grace period before someone can be turned away from voting. It is in society's best interest that everyone can identify themselves. these laws, however, were intended to suppress minority voting. That part is hateful, disgusting. longer term though, no excuses for anyone, plenty of advance notice.

wonder what is the hardest to do-

register to vote

get to a polling state

get to a dmv to get a photo id

all 3 require transportation

i just dont see how its dicrimating or suppressing americans citizens right to vote.

a poll tax is illegal. voting should be free.

whoever brought that up couldnt argue what we were talking about and tried to change the narrative

good try tho lol

register to vote

get to a polling state

i just dont see how its dicrimating or suppressing americans citizens right to vote.

whoever brought that up couldnt argue what we were talking about and tried to change the narrative

good try tho lol
what you and some others seem to disregard is the reality of generations of minorities having a harder time economically, socially, educationally , being gainfully employed, the whole gamut. That will not always be an excuse, at some point, in the near future-there should be no excuse for most anything as relates to race. We are not there yet though. These things should be obvious to anyone with a little compassion and capable of critical analysis . This is not new information. lol.

register to vote

get to a polling state

good try tho lol
Get your name on your kids birth certificate, pay your taxes, pay child support, get a custody agreement for your "kid," not be a dopehead, get a real profession, not blame the government and gypsy's for your failures, take your medications, actually have medical insurance so when your "thyroid runs out" you won't be bankrupt, get your "act together" as you claim you've been trying to do for what 4 years?

But, please keep posting dumb shit on here. Go get a second job if you have this much time so you can get that beloved kid back......oh, wait, you're a nimrod or off meds bipolar.

what you and some others seem to disregard is the reality of generations of minorities having a harder time economically, socially, educationally , being gainfully employed, the whole gamut. That will not always be an excuse, at some point, in the near future-there should be no excuse for most anything as relates to race. We are not there yet though. These things should be obvious to anyone with a little compassion and capable of critical analysis . This is not new information. lol.

i totally agree its hard for poor people.

but to climb up the ladder, you have to have those documents.

i dont know anyone in the middle class that doesnt have a photo id.

how can you be achieve middle class status in america legally without a photo id?

i just think is suppressive not to require, or encourage everyone in america to have a photo id.

i understand that this requirement would make it very difficult for an illegial alien to vote.

do you think an illegal alien or immigrant has the same right to vote as an american citizen?

I was being alitlle ting and cheek, but since you looked this up on the immigration site, The $985 is an application fee. Pays for processing of app. no card is guaranteed with these payments. These fees are to process a foreigner. The cost to process an American citizen would be minimal, because you filling out a piece of paper and providing proof of cotizenship( ssn, etc). Similar to getting a drivers license. I Believe that even the loaded cost to produce a card similar to a license would be negligible and would be worth it

U.S. citizens don't need a green card. So I have no idea what you're talking about. The cost to get a drivers license is the same whether you're a citizen or not. So again, what is your point?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT