ADVERTISEMENT

Positive Corona Virus/ Shelter in Place new.

Casa_del_Tigre

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
Clemson
Ohio’s projections are showing the shelter-in-place issued on March 23 has caused the infection to go back in time and save previously sick people/ dead people. Below is the chart the governor of Ohio is using as “proof” shelter in place is working. Notice where March 23rd falls on this projection...when shelter in place started.

Remember this after the threat is gone and we are told to continue to be locked up to “prevent the second wave.”

lZGvJng.jpg

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/while-social-distancing-is-difficult-most-saying-its-worth-it

Reactions: fatpiggy
The only thing I can think is that they have the yellow curve shifted way over to the left of where it should be. Otherwise, I got nothin'.

--Mr. DT

The only thing I can think of is he's trying to say the other mitigation measures he ordered in early to mid March were that effective. He was quick to the punch and aggressive as compared to other states, IIRC. Pretty hard to believe though.

The only thing I can think of is he's trying to say the other mitigation measures he ordered in early to mid March were that effective. He was quick to the punch and aggressive as compared to other states, IIRC. Pretty hard to believe though.
But wouldn’t that imply shelter in place wasn’t necessary? Looks like most the crisis was avoided by voluntary measures alone.

Reactions: nashvegastiger
The Gov of Ohio told the citizens of his state that they had infections in the hundreds of thousands that hadn’t yet been tested when he shut down the schools and state.

They anticipated a 20-40% hospitalization rate per the initial IHME and Imperial College models.

Those people never showed up in the hospitals.

This is an an attempt at CYA. Look at the responses on Twitter to the official tweets. There is growing cynicism outrage on both sides.

Some people still freaked out thinking the virus will get them any minute while others saying WTF and why have we shut down for so few hospitalizations and deaths.

That ABC article sounds like it was written by the communist party of China.

What a crock.

The Gov of Ohio told the citizens of his state that they had infections in the hundreds of thousands that hadn’t yet been tested when he shut down the schools and state.

They anticipated a 20-40% hospitalization rate per the initial IHME and Imperial College models.

Those people never showed up in the hospitals.

This is an an attempt at CYA. Look at the responses on Twitter to the official tweets. There is growing cynicism outrage on both sides.

Some people still freaked out thinking the virus will get them any minute while others saying WTF and why have we shut down for so few hospitalizations and deaths.

That ABC article sounds like it was written by the communist party of China.

What a crock.
I can’t find the article i read last night, but apparently a lot of rural hospitals and doctors offices are running out of money due to stopping most procedures. Also heard Prisma is starting to furlough nurses also.

Probably why Pelosi is pushing hospital bailouts. Question is which sector gets bailed out after hospitals?

Reactions: nashvegastiger
Isn’t the yellow curve showing unmitigated protection had they taken no measures hence why it goes up so fast and shows how overwhelmed they would have been in a short period of time? The light blue curve shows how flattened they have made it with social distancing and the measures they have taken, but it does go on for a little while longer but doesn’t overwhelm. What am I missing? Only on first cup of coffee so help me out if need be.

The dates of the yellow portion pre-date all of the measures the govt of Ohio took

Isn’t the yellow curve showing unmitigated protection had they taken no measures hence why it goes up so fast and shows how overwhelmed they would have been in a short period of time? The light blue curve shows how flattened they have made it with social distancing and the measures they have taken, but it does go on for a little while longer but doesn’t overwhelm. What am I missing? Only on first cup of coffee so help me out if need be.

This is the way I read this as well. Seems no different than Trump saying millions would have died without his leadership. You are going to see every politician in America claim that they saved lives.

I don't think there is any doubt that the sheltering and social distancing has worked, but of course because it worked, people will now claim it was too much. I say this as someone who's own business is down 50% in revenue this month.

And the yellow portion says “unmitigated,” which implies no mitigation or taking no measures. Yellow is showing what would have happened if the govt of Ohio did nothing.

Yes
And they didn’t until after the yellow

and that is what the thread is about

Every politician in the country has turned into statisticians and infectious disease experts so they can get as much advantage off this virus as possible.

The problem is that for the most part, politicians are only good at being politicians.

The chart is fine as long as you do not separate the 2 curves. It is quite obvious that they were taking credit for fixing a problem that never happened. I may well could have happened, but that was not good enough. They want to show that they that they solved a real problem and not a hypothetical problem

Germany, Iceland, and S Korea all have studies showing 0.3% death rates from their studies. America’s data is still heavy ultra sick and under reports little to no symptom people.

I wonder what the death rate that was assumed in the models we based policy on.

This is the way I read this as well. Seems no different than Trump saying millions would have died without his leadership. You are going to see every politician in America claim that they saved lives.

I don't think there is any doubt that the sheltering and social distancing has worked, but of course because it worked, people will now claim it was too much. I say this as someone who's own business is down 50% in revenue this month.

And no doubt Biden will also trying to claim something having to do with anything positive, even if he doesn't really know what it is.

I 100% agree. Social distancing measures have worked. Glad that State Governors finally did what they needed to do.

ADVERTISEMENT