ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer request for my wife - updated 8/31

BarnwellTiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2005
She had a heart attack yesterday afternoon in our living room. We were getting ready to leave to get a quick bite to eat. I walked in the room saying "let's go", she moved to get up then called my name. I looked and she was slumping down on couch. Initially I thought diabetic coma and got some Hershey kisses. Tried to put one in her mouth and she shook her head. No other responses, just some moaning and gasping. When I called 911 responders showed up w/in 5 minutes and EMS within another 5. Rushed her to Aiken ER. I can't see her; last glimpse was in the ambulance. She is stable and we've talked by phone several times last night and today but it hurts not to see each other during these situations. I have a greater perspective and empathy for the many medical situations across our land and worldwide.
Wife is scheduled for a cath tomorrow and all indications to date are relatively mild h.a. but yesterday afternoon was very unnerving.
Thanks tiger family.

8/25 update - heart cath aborted; too many complications. Aiken hospital has no open beds for post-op. They're working transfer to musc-charleston which has an opening. She will have open heart by a Dr. Katz.
Waiting on transfer to happen.
You know my plea. Thanks beyond words.

8/31 update. She's scheduled for 1:30 today. Bypass on the LAD. I remained pretty calm the last couple days here @MUSC but this morning of just waiting is tortuous.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.