ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-NFL Draft Boom/Bust list

Willence

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
Here are my boom and bust guys for the 2015 NFL Draft. This isn’t to say they are necessarily the best players but they are the players I think are most likely to succeed and the ones who I just don’t see the high rating they come with:

RB

Boom – Duke Johnson – I love this guy. If he can stay healthy, he’s going to be a great NFL player. Duke is one of my favorite college RBs in recent memory. Honorable mention – Melvin Gordon

Bust – T.J. Yeldon – Just something about him that bugs me. He gets hurt a lot and he fumbles at inopportune times. Plus I am not high on Alabama RBs in the pros. A lot of smoke there…

Best Player – Todd Gurley

WR

Boom – DeVante Parker – Total beast and he knows how to use his body. He reminds me a bit of Michael Irvin.

Bust – DGB – I’m hard on guys with character issues. Tons of talent but I just don’t think it will ever come to fruition.

Best Player – Amari Cooper

TE

Boom – Clive Walford – I think he’s a game breaker at TE. He doesn’t have huge speed but he’s more than fast enough. He’s big and physical and he high points the ball. I think he’s going to be a stud!

Bust – Don’t have one.

Best Player - Walford

C-G/OL

Boom – Cameron Erving – When FSU moved this guy inside last year, their running game took off. He’s a great OL and he’s a Dwight Stephenson type at Center IMO.

Bust – Tre’ Jackson – Too big and doesn’t strike me as a guy that wants it the way a player has to in the NFL.

Best Player - Erving

T
Boom – D.J. Humphries – Nice athlete who seems like he is just rounding into his own. If he works at it, the sky is the limit for him.

Bust – Andrus Peat – Very highly recruited player out of HS and a good college OL. I’m not sure if he’s athletic enough to handle playing T in the NFL.

Best Player – Ereck Flowers

DT/NG

Boom – Grady Jarrett – As a Clemson fan, this guy is one of my favorite players ever at Clemson. He LOVES football and he works his butt off every down. Going to be a steal for someone in the 3rd or 4th round.

Bust – Arik Armstead – He’s got rare size and ability but I just don’t see him putting it all together.

Best Player – Danny Shelton

Edge/DE

Boom – Vic Beasley. – Once again, I’m a homer. He’s just learning the position and possesses staggering ability. He’s got impeccable character and I think he wants to be great. I expect him to be a great pro! Honorable Mention – Bud Dupree

Bust – Randy Gregory – Do not feel great about his character and he is not very big. People say he can grow into a monster but he’s not one. I just don’t have a good feeling about him.

Best Player – When it’s all said and done, I think Bud Dupree may be.

LB

Boom - Denzel Perryman – I love his makeup and his desire. I think he’s going to end up being a lot better than people expect.

Bust – Paul Dawson – I love his film but his workout really bothered me. I usually go with film over workout but in this case, it was so alarming that I just have questions as to whether he can keep up with NFL talent.

Best Player – No idea! LOL

CB

Boom – Kevin Johnson – He’s got the right attitude and skill set to be a really good pro. Doesn’t mind sticking his nose in there. Needs to get a little bigger.

Bust – Byron Jones – Great, amazing workout but it hasn’t shown up on the field yet…

Best Player – Trae Waynes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News