ADVERTISEMENT

Prez Debate

coop#

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 7, 1999
It was lively tonight. Pocahontas came out swinging. Bernie was fired up too. Mini Mike didn't impress

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Why does Bernie seem like he's mad at everyone?
giphy.gif

Reactions: RUBDROC
I was laughing out loud at the parts I watched. It was pathetic as a whole. If I had to pick a “winner”, it was Warren. She controlled most of the debate. Klobochar, Biden, and Bloomberg might as well drop out this morning. They are pitiful up there.

Reactions: scartiger
The Democratic Party is lost. For the past 4 years they have attacked Trump instead of uniting to build a consistent message other than give everything away to buy votes. They attacked each other instead of blasting Trump . Economy is good so Demos have no real powder to fight with. It was a clown show of “you said this”...”no I didn’t”. Bloomberg was not prepared for last night

I watched about 30 minutes of it and Warren is the only one that can even keep it interesting against Trump and I think it will still be a land slide! I knew very little about Bloomberg, but that guy is terrible in terms of public speaking and presentation skills. Warren boxed him in like a turtles pecker and he couldn’t do or say anything. He did not articulate one idea of change or how he would beat Trump.

Interesting that people are starting to say the Democrats are in trouble, not just for this election, but long term. Funny thing is, the same was being said about the Republicans back in 2012 when the tea party, hard right, parts of the party tried to take over. They didn't nominate a tea party guy (Romney) but the damage was done since the hard right (specifically religious right) didn't show up.
We are generally a country of balance so when Trump wins re-election (unless he blows it with Twitter and arrogance) the Democrats will regroup and find a true moderate (not Amy or Pete, who pretend to be moderate) with a pulse (ie not Biden) and probably win in 2020.
The ebbs and flows of politics is fascinating.

ADVERTISEMENT