ADVERTISEMENT

PSA......

amynhop

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2005
xVbmtDk.png

gotcha...i havent revisited it...people need to learn to accept opposing views better in this country

Unfortunately there are 2 or 3 on this board, if you don't agree with them, you are an idiot and a terrible person. See the Russia thread from yesterday.

It is always the same 2 or 3 who jump straight to personal attacks.

I used to believe that I was a Conservative, until I read about nine pages of that Tillman Hall thread from last week.
ITT I learned that I'm a Liberal,.... and I'm cool with that...

When I have a different opinion....there are a select few who single me out and abuse. They won't let up. They quote my post and tag me for 2 days. And all of them know by now, they aren't going to change my opinion.

I am the president of the non partisan anti chinese league.

What are your thoughts on the Trans Pacific Partnership, which was a free trade pact design specifically to weaken the strength of China in the region by boosting their neighbors. This pact was killed in the 1st day of Trump being in office

What are your thoughts on the Trans Pacific Partnership, which was a free trade pact design specifically to weaken the strength of China in the region by boosting their neighbors. This pact was killed in the 1st day of Trump being in office
Dont care. Won natty

Seriously though. I was quoting Tombstone.

For actual trade talk there are so many agreements and partnerships out there I dont know what the actual impact of that move will be. I agree with bilateral but also think some regional agreements are beneficial as well. I am just not sure if there are others in place that impact the region if that one goes belly up or not. I am no economic expert. But China has been killing us.

Reactions: JSpears5
Like a Billy Clinton liberal or a Warren/Sanders progressive liberal?

Haha. You know man, I really have given it a lot of thought since that Tillman Hall thread we debated last week.

I believe that I'm more of a "Teddy Roosevelt Progressive". That probably equates to a "Reagan Democrat" in today's world, or just your basic Liberal.

I'm not out there with Bill and Mrs. Clinton or Bernie and Warren.

Reactions: toolucky52384
Haha. You know man, I really have given it a lot of thought since that Tillman Hall thread we debated last week.

I believe that I'm more of a "Teddy Roosevelt Progressive". That probably equates to a "Reagan Democrat" in today's world, or just your basic Liberal.

I'm not out there with Bill and Mrs. Clinton or Bernie and Warren.
love me some Teddy R. had he been President during a more tumultuous time he'd be up for consideration for a top 3 president...

Reactions: DecemberGrad
@amynhop throwing yourself a pity party I see. Toughen up not everything you do in life will come with a pat on the back. Once you accept that it'll get easier to bare the ridicules of others for having different opinions. If you say or do something controversial just own it.

To many times you'll go to the extreme and when you get called out you cry about it. At the end of the day its a message board of mostly ppl you never meet. Who cares right?

When I have a different opinion....there are a select few who single me out and abuse. They won't let up. They quote my post and tag me for 2 days. And all of them know by now, they aren't going to change my opinion.
To be fair it's a two way street. @johnhugh might get on you but you show equal support for @tigerpride2 and others who constantly taunt him as well. All in alll you and i don't agree on alot but I believe you to probably be a very nice and decent person. I would just say don't be so sensitive if you are going to be as outspoken as you are.

@amynhop throwing yourself a pity party I see. Toughen up not everything you do in life will come with a pat on the back. Once you accept that it'll get easier to bare the ridicules of others for having different opinions. If you say or do something controversial just own it.

To many times you'll go to the extreme and when you get called out you cry about it. At the end of the day its a message board of mostly ppl you never meet. Who cares right?

That's where you're wrong. I'm fine with a different opinion. I predominantly skip over a persons post who I don't agree with. It's some of you others ( you included ) who can't tolerate different thoughts and try to repeatedly shove your way of thinking down someone's throat.

Reactions: Ron Munson
To be fair it's a two way street. @johnhugh might get on you but you show equal support for @tigerpride2 and others who constantly taunt him as well. All in alll you and i don't agree on alot but I believe you to probably be a very nice and decent person. I would just say don't be so sensitive if you are going to be as outspoken as you are.

I might like a post I'm tagged in by tigerpride. I don't initiate anything ugly about another poster. There is a difference. And by outspoken do you mean I post my opinion on a message board? That's what we do here, isn't it?

Reactions: Ron Munson
I might like a post I'm tagged in by tigerpride. I don't initiate anything ugly about another poster. There is a difference. And by outspoken do you mean I post my opinion on a message board? That's what we do here, isn't it?
I'm not attacking you. Ive just observed that you dish it a bit better than you take it. And you hit the nail on the head there. It's a message board. We are mostly all more opinionated and brash here than in real life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT