ADVERTISEMENT

Question for board

Dabofan

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2010
We ONLY have 3 OL committed. It looks like we could lose Reed permanently to medical redshirt. We also will lose Parks and Tate at a minimum this upcoming year to graduation, possibly Howard as well. We could possibly lose Miller and/or Leigh to the draft. We could have some others transfer. This leaves us in a really desperate OL situation for next year. Will our staff really hit the portal this offseason to address next season (haven't had success so far), will they look to add more commits in this class (really missed out on a lot but did score a few good ones), will they move the spots to next class (we will definitely have to bring in a minimum of 5 next year regardless?

I really like Jacobs, Ware and Byrne in this class. I also love Thurmon from this last class, but not sure on the others. All 3 from this class could potentially be forced to step into backup/starting roles immediately on campus. We most likely will have a starting OT spot open next season. There are still 7 uncommitted OT's in the top 50 that are undecided. Our staff has a lot to sell in my opinion (potential starting job next season, at worst 2 deep, could package up a decent NIL deal wink wink, chance to play in the playoff every single year at Clemson, could be coached by the best OL coach in the business, family atmosphere, top 10 stadium, etc.). Do you see our staff going after any of the big dogs still available? or do you see them waiting and trying to pick up someone that is a late flyer?

Transfer portal for good offensive line players won't work for us because we won't pony up enough money, so I can't even see this as an option. I would like to see Luke start pulling in commitments for next year regardless. We need to cast a very big net. Roster sizes are increasing so we will need more top 50 OL bodies in our rotation very soon. What say you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.