ADVERTISEMENT

Question that 35% of the country doesn't want to answer...

Jimmy Green Beans

Valles Marineris
Dec 25, 2019
Serious question...Democrats overwhelmingly dominate urban areas...effectively controlling those police departments, setting local laws and local ordinances. And, democrats have controlled urban areas for many decades. Therefore, would it be reasonable to assume that the policies created by democratic leaders have contributed and, even exacerbated, the problems in these urban areas related to racial injustice?

To be clear, I am not saying that democrats are racists. I am merely asking could it be that the policies they espouse have enabled these problems to persist and even worsen--in some cases?

Serious question...Democrats overwhelmingly dominate urban areas...effectively controlling those police departments, setting local laws and local ordinances. And, democrats have controlled urban areas for many decades. Therefore, would it be reasonable to assume that the policies created by democratic leaders have contributed and, even exacerbated, the problems in these urban areas related to racial injustice?

To be clear, I am not saying that democrats are racists. I am merely asking could it be that the policies they espouse have enabled these problems to persist and even worsen--in some cases?
Absolutely!!!

100% correct, but you’re racist merely for bringing this up according to today’s upside down world.

I guess for the same re

Poverty and unrest among the poor is systemic. You want to put Republicans in charge that is fine by me. It won't make a damn bit of difference. In fact, it could get worse than it is.

Reactions: undertheradar

As the great Al Gore would say, those are inconvenient facts. Democrat politicians have ruined big cities all over the country for years. In Chicago they have mass murdered every weekend and the media simply ignores it. Detroit, New Jersey and cities in California look like like a third world country in parts of their cities.
Obama just gave a speech on this issue. He said the local leaders control polidepartments and voting in the right people is the key. He went on to say that these local elections were more important than Federal elections, when it comes to these issues. I don’t know if he realizes it, but all of those towns have Democrat Mayors and the same for other elected positions.

Urban areas have been ravaged by drugs. Urban areas have more people so more crime and drugs. It has nothing to do with politics. Drugs need to be decriminalized and all of those issues will be eradicated. Any more brain busters?

No no no...it isnt the democratic leadership in urban areas that is causing the problem.
Its the evil police unions that wont allow bad apples to be culled.
The unions are backed and led by...oh.... wait...

Who did the FOP support in 2016?

C'mon man, you're better than this.

Just clapping along to the TI mandated right wing circle jerk threads. Don't do it, it's stupid and doesn't get anybody anywhere.

--Mr. DT

Who did the FOP support in 2016?

C'mon man, you're better than this.

Just clapping along to the TI mandated right wing circle jerk threads. Don't do it, it's stupid and doesn't get anybody anywhere.

--Mr. DT
Im just going for a cheap laugh.
Its my modus operandi. Uncomfortable humor for a coping mechanism

No no no...it isnt the democratic leadership in urban areas that is causing the problem.
Its the evil police unions that wont allow bad apples to be culled.
The unions are backed and led by...oh.... wait...

Exactly what my wife said . The policeman involved in the Floyd murder had NUMEROUS complaints filed against him. But, it is almost impossible to fire a union represented worker.

I don't think government has much control over racial injustice. It would be nice if we could blame racial issues on someone else, but I think most of our troubles are caused by We the people.

Whether you like Trump or not, Trump is not the problem. The breakdown in family units in both white and black communities has had more to do with the seemingly lost of civility in general. For those that blame Trump for everything, he hasn't been on the national political scene but for about 4 years. Predjudice is still prevalent in our society but racism is not, in my opinion, systemic to our society. I do not know how it is to be an Afro-American and there is no way to know. I am 68 years old and our society has continued to progress to a more equitable system but we still have a ways to go. Until we can look at the George Floyd murder as being a murder of a fellow human being not merely a murder of a black man then we haven't come as far as we need to. Any senseless killing of a human being is intolerable and there are much more of those murders going on than any of us would want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT