ADVERTISEMENT

Rattlesnake Ninja Tree Attack

I didn't think rattlesnakes liked trees. Maybe I'm thinking of a different snake but I thought rattlers looked cool, dark covered spaces like under rocks.

I think being in a tree is listed in the “uncommon” category of rattlesnake behavior. When I see a snakebite to the hand I usually think dumbass or little old lady pruning a bush. Saw a lot of the former at LeJeune and the latter here in Greenville.

This story does illustrate the difference in a Copperhead bite and Rattlesnake bite. One doesn’t even need anti venom and the other can mess you up. Same venom, different amounts and concentrations.

Definitely sounds dubious. If it wasn't a rattler, I might not question his story. Rattlers have been known to climb trees, but it's not the norm and I've certainly never seen it. They're also not quick to bite.

We were sand lugging tobacco (pulling the bottom couple of leaves) and another kid uncovered a rattler. Because of his positioning, he literally couldn't move anywhere but forward and past the snake. If he didn't get bitten, a bot accident seems unlikely.

I think being in a tree is listed in the “uncommon” category of rattlesnake behavior. When I see a snakebite to the hand I usually think dumbass or little old lady pruning a bush. Saw a lot of the former at LeJeune and the latter here in Greenville.

This story does illustrate the difference in a Copperhead bite and Rattlesnake bite. One doesn’t even need anti venom and the other can mess you up. Same venom, different amounts and concentrations.

You're dead on about copperheads. They bit first, but don't inject much venom. I see them all the time running in the woods and on the golf course. I always give them a wide berth regardless.

Reactions: TigerJAC
Had a roommate from Orangeburg at Clemson. Went hunting Eastern Diamondbacks at his farm. Big ass snakes, and tasty.

BS or not, I have seen a rattlesnake in a tree...granted only about Waist high, otherwise known as killing height

Yeah, I heard that on the news last night and questioned a rattler being in a tree over a river. They changed their story now. The dude picked it up out of the water and it bit him. Now that really is a dumbass.

The rattlesnake fell out of a tree and bit the man on his hand, twice, McRoy was originally told. However, on Tuesday, Adams’ family members said Adams actually picked up the snake with his bare hands, foxcarolina.com reported.

Adams's cousin, Kyle Colquitt, said Adams paddled over to what he thought was an alligator in the water, but when he discovered it was a snake he yanked it into the air, according to abcnews4.com.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/...ews/local/article211609889.html#storylink=cpy

You're dead on about copperheads. They bit first, but don't inject much venom. I see them all the time running in the woods and on the golf course. I always give them a wide berth regardless.
I killed two copperheads running two weeks ago. Thought it was one huge snake and it was two, I guess mating, stretched across the trail. My dog practically stepped on them twice and I hopped over them once before taking them out. One certainly looked ready to strike, but never got the chance.
e4074572-5298-4ad5-b844-381e1d58d7de

Last edited:
I killed two copperheads running two weeks ago. Thought it was one huge snake and it was two, I guess mating, stretched across the trail. My dog practically stepped on them twice and I hopped over them once before taking them out. One certainly looked ready to strike, but never got the chance.

You carry a shovel on your runs? (What did you use?)

And the article says they captured the snake, and it would take a special kind of idiot to attempt to capture a rattlesnake that you had just watched fvck somebody up.

I don’t know why, but this made me laugh like a fool. “special kind of idiot”

Reactions: TigerJAC
You carry a shovel on your runs? (What did you use?)

I don’t know why, but this made me laugh like a fool. “special kind of idiot”
Haha! I stopped running with a shovel. Luckily there are limbs lying around so I smashed one’s head with a stick. It was about to strike and I got lucky on one swing. I wasn’t far from my car so used my wife’s tennis racket to smash the second one. I’ll try and post the pics of them later.

Reactions: scott in nashville

What a dick that guy's cousin is. Normally you have your family member's back, you don't fvcking out his lie to the entire world by ratting him out to a TV station.

Also, there's no possible way the guy didn't know it was a poisonous snake. If he's from the southeast, he knows what a poisonous snake looks like, and rattles are pretty conspicuous. I definitely don't blame them for keeping the snake, that was smart. Obviously they killed it first. I always kill every poisonous snake I come across.

Possibly an underrated facet of this story, dude thought he saw an alligator and just paddled over to check it out.

Are American alligators docile? Or will they go after you?

I''ll bet anyone that guy has these two items in his possession-

A black tshirt with the arms torn out so there are big gaping holes on the sides

A filthy "Cocks" hat

Also:

lives in a single wide with no skirting
dines at Olive Garden for special occasions
hasn't been to the dentist in 10 years
live in girlfriend named Tiffiani, Amber, Brandi, Misti or something like that
Favorite snack is bugels and Mountain Dew

Possibly an underrated facet of this story, dude thought he saw an alligator and just paddled over to check it out.

It depends on whether they have been fed and how you are interacting with them. Generally, alligators don't want anything to do with people, but bigger ones aren't usually afraid. The small one in my back yard goes the other way when I walk near. Bigger ones usually do as well, but I noticed a couple really big guys at a local park who moved toward a group of kids out on the dock. I suspect that someone has bed them from that dock before.

Reactions: Ron Munson

Just depends on how big they are and how wild of a place you encounter them. An alligator In a golf course pond will be more docile than one on the Edisto River. Only really big alligators pose any danger to adult humans.

Also:

lives in a single wide with no skirting
dines at Olive Garden for special occasions
hasn't been to the dentist in 10 years
live in girlfriend named Tiffiani, Amber, Brandi, Misti or something like that
Favorite snack is bugels and Mountain Dew

I thought it was Funyuns and Mt. Dew

Reactions: Ron Munson
ADVERTISEMENT